Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Returning after a long hiatus. Couple quick questions:

1) Do outfits go on sale regularly? It seems like the featured/sale sections changes once a week but I'm not sure if I should hold off on the 5-6 pretty princess garbs I'm wanting or if I'm likely to be waiting a while. Also it seems like some are about to be rotated out so maybe I should wait till next week to see what might rotate in (none of the ones I want are listed as X days remaining).

2) Can anyone explain what the little lock icon is when trying to set the Eng grenade kits to 'auto-attack'? I never noticed them before and I know there was no auto-grenade throw but looking around this afternoon I noticed a little lock icon above the 1 skill and it didn't seem to do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I have an odd little question. I just used my 80 boost on a necro (played one years ago but wanted to remake him to change races). I was planning on doing some catchup at least of my personal story stuff before heading into the HoT areas but I have already maxed out my first Mastery level exp bar. Does the experience accumulate even though the bar is full, or should I go do the first few HoT chapters to unlock mastery so as to not waste any exp?

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Is the living story worth paying gems to unlock in goon opinion? I'm missing 4 season 2 chapters (640 gems with discount) and wasn't sure if there were any cool rewards for finishing it. I'm largely a casual player so being some additional single player story content for me seemed appealing.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I had fun coloring out my Sylvari Warrior. Wanted to do something a little different and in theme for the warrior/berserker line so he looks kinda burned and ashy with a smoldering orange underglow effect. Only level 10 so I just got naked since I just have basic bitch gear. Tried going for the hard darkest flat grey first but it looked a little dull. The nightwood skin color added some more dimension and looked a bit more like living wood in the process of burning instead of just a brittle charcoal shell. The glow at night really sells it.

(Bonus glamor shot with pay2win pretty princess garb)

graynull fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 27, 2017

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

quote not edit!

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

frajaq posted:

Anyone having connection issues? ....again

Yes. Good thing I definitely was not wrist deep in a goddamn instanced story quest...

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Are there any recommended stat options for people who just do world events and soloing mostly? I see plenty of people using zerker/viper for pve and some marauder stuff for pvp/wvw but was unsure what my best bet is gonna be for solo content. Maybe it doesn't matter, just curious if there was a stat line that people found useful. I'm never sure how the defensive stats in this game stack up but as a newly 80 thief working my way through the personal storyline I am occasionally just falling over at a slight breeze.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Seems about right

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

With all the leaks that have gotten out, I really hope they spill all the beans in this announcement next week. I really need some details on the new elites to help me finally pick a 'main', dammit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

I wonder if they are still going to use the massive hero point cost inflation to unlock the new elites as they did in HoT. I'm guessing yes, but always hoping no. I'm sure there are some who don't mind swapping to an incomplete new trait line as they work to unlock it over time, but I am not one of those people.

• Locked thread