Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
Okay, goons. I'm finally biting the bullet and getting Heart of Thorns. Think I'm gonna go for a Necromancer Reaper. The Internet says that condition builds are the way to go at the moment. Any advice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
That's my problem. I haven't seriously played the game for years, but I've tried to get back into it half a dozen times (including getting the first expansion). But every time I log in I'm so overwhelmed by all of the content and the crazy gear everyone around me has, so I log off and uninstall.

I'm open to advice for how to handle this because I do like the game!

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

neongrey posted:

The thing I recommend is to pick an alt and then pick a specific but fairly basic goal. Like, I dunno, 'I'm gonna do the base game's story mode first' and then do that. You'll end up needing to do other odds and ends in the process of that, so by the time you finish the one thing, you'll have an idea what to do for the next.

This is actually what I ended up doing, and it is working remarkably well. Part of my problem was that logging onto a max level character that I hadn't played in years just felt odd, and, yes, I felt some decision paralysis. Imagine starting what is basically a new game at max level - it's daunting, and you don't have the attachment to your character that one would normally have at that point.

So I started a ranger with the goal of 100%ing zones and becoming a druid eventually. Having a great time! I figure this will put me at a good point to jump into the expansion content once it comes out.

• Locked thread