Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

One thing I really, really, really dislike in the raid right now, is that the asura racial technobabble, a instant 3 second daze, can trivialize bosses breakbars, which makes me feel like I rolled the wrong race because of one skill I can't use that's better then anything else I have on my classes utilitys when it comes to breaking the bar.

I wouldn't mind racial skills being disabled in raids, or technobabble changed.

If you have an asura ranger you can make it a 6 second daze :ssh:

The tooltip doesn't change, but moment of clarity still doubles the duration of technobabble.

Works in wvw even after all these years. Not fixed will never be fixed.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Visidan posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Happy bday Arus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6JnYnA9Tzo

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Nov 30, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
What daredevil lacks in being actually useful it makes up for in being fun

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Generic Octopus posted:

Have you tried Shiro Rev? Because it's the same thing but good.

I have a shiro/glint herald and shiro amounts to auto attacking and sword 3 every time it's off cooldown and then doing impossible odds to burn off excess energy. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but more than 90% of the time I'm parked in glint stance which is technically magnificent but not exactly super fun or involving. Keep might and fury facets on in battle, do the swiftness and protection and f2 skills every chance they come off cooldown. When you're out of combat keep the swiftness facet on.

Maybe I'm doing it all wrong but so far it isn't even close to the same thing.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
You know who this has to suck for? Really big wvw guilds in the top servers and stuff. They field more than 100 people a week so they'd have to split their guild up into two or three just so all their members can play.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Kessel posted:

for those of you running the 64-bit beta client, it's not updating

run the 32-bit to download the update, then play using the 64-bit client

Thank you.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
^^^^ Fire trait only applies to fire auras, but you can use runes of radiance for longer duration of all auras ^^^^

Magical Zero posted:

They made Auras look like eggs :stonk:

Light (still the same)

Shocking

Frost

Fire

Magnetic

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 1, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Liu posted:

Yeah TD has a lot of stupid poo poo in it but it's more than winnable, it's just that gw players are garbage.

They're garbage but they can still manage to do all the other HoT map metas. TD needs a big rework.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Thumbtacks posted:

I think the last time I played I had a lot of fun with Rifle warrior and grenade engineer, although I remember grenades making my fingers hurt.

Good news you can now make ground target skills automatically snap to your target so instead of clicking a bunch you just press whatever buttons you have the skills assigned to

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
God this is like the fifth update to the dreamer's visual effects. Someone at Anet has to be a huge brony or some poo poo.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Generic Octopus posted:

Try Herald, and you too can experience Glint's roars which all sound like she was woken up abruptly.

I've always thought Glint sounded more like a cigarette-y great aunt with all her throaty shouting and coughing and her 2-pack-a-day voice

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Alteisen posted:

WHAT

YOU BETTER NOT BE JOKING

See for yourself!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherized_Axe_Skin
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherized_Dagger_Skin
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aetherized_Focus_Skin

These have embedded trading post prices on them. Focus is only 65 gold.

Fractal encryptions have a (small) chance of containing aetherized skins.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 9, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Story-related content is gradually trending upwards in quality, but unfortunately they're sort of stuck with a bunch of characters that suck and only a few that are ok.

Is it still spoilery to talk about the heart of thorns story? I'll tag it just to be safe.
The big plot point from Rata Novus is that each dragon has a weakness (and you blindly march right up to Mordremoth without even finding out what its weakness is which is dumb and reeks of rushed deadlines and hastily written ending). What was Zhaitan's? I know the really easy answer is "being shot with cannons" but would it be that you can kill its eyes and mouths to limit its influence? Or would it be something more direct like cutting off its tail makes it unable to fly?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Personally I find nevermore to be a really stupid looking and bad legendary for idiot clown babies but at least it's better than twilight, sunrise, kudzu, bifrost, dreamer, minstrel, and meteorlogicus.

Yeah I'm off the chain, I fuckin DARE you all sheep to try and make me conform to your sheep standards from the sheepocratic sheepublic of sheepistan.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

rock dove more like crock of poo poo dove

There will come a great reckoning; a totaling of sum. All those with bird brooms and brony bows will count themselves among the d*rned.

Satan have mercy on those doubly d*rned who own both.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Kerrrrrrr posted:

There is no mercy for those such as me

Oh I didn't mean you kerrzhe. You're one of the good ones. :clint:

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Aesis posted:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Upcoming-Balance-Changes-Week-of-December-14-2015/first
Incoming balance change. Nothing major apart from Mallyx's Resistance (Demonic Defiance) nerf.

Reminder that thieves were supposed to get a 10% boost to the healing from withdraw months ago but that never happened and will apparently never happen even though it would be a simple matter of hotfixing a coefficient

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

...AND impairing daggers still don't combo finish like their tooltip says, scorpion wire did not get the same pull fix that magnet did, consume plasma doesn't give quickness or resistance even though they're both boons now, pulmonary impact doesn't work on downed enemies, daredevils respawn with only 100 endurance, signet of agility only restores 100 endurance instead of all of it, and even though they've supposedly been working on a rework for several months pistols are still a cruel joke without a punchline!

But at least they got that radiant revival locked down!

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Dec 14, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Lonk posted:

I for one am glad they will nerf the one thing about revenants that was widely considered too crappy and weak to even bother with.

.......also I am literally the only person in the entire game who uses Mallyx. Thanks Anet.

edit: oh wait I read the actual thing not directly from a goon now. Is this going to actually fix that thing where Dreggon instantly murders everyone with revenant? lol

If you kept turning embrace the darkness on and off you could pretty much indefinitely keep resistance up, so I get the icd.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Unless they give something like a minor trait for the corruption tree changing how effective confusion and torment are in pve then I don't thing Mallyx will ever be useful in pve. As it stands the vast majority of enemies don't move enough or attack frequently.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

UchihaHirou posted:

Is xmas saved yet?

Now if only it worked with the regular grenade kit too so I could sit back and do nothing but throw exploding confetti

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

OH GOOD and it only took them half a god drat year. Of course this is also assuming they don't yet again say they've added it and then go ahead and not actually add it.

edit: Seriously this isn't even a balance issue that needs to wait for a big balance patch, it's a long outstanding bug that could and should be easily rectified. Even if they plan to completely rework it in the balance patch they can still change it in the mean time to whatever it was actually supposed to be when they increased its cooldown.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 19, 2015

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I really like my p/p daredevil. I made quip just for him. I just think it would be a lot more fun if he wasn't hilariously ineffective.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Are you upset about the insane grind of 10,000 christmas drinks to get your dumb dandruff shoulders? Well thanks to our friend Gaile here the achievement will be active all year long! So if you got that tree in your home instance that gives you a present a day, and if you log in every day, you'll get your dumb snow aura in just a bit over 30 years!

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Sprite141 posted:

What is that on your head? A beret? How do you have a mask as well?

That's a fro, dude

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I mean, let's be frank, thief is so universally disdained at the moment that within the next couple balance patches it's going to get buffed into the stratosphere.

Denial is the first step.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Illuyankas posted:

I gave my charr ele a new look!

First thing that comes to my mind

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
I can't ever find an organized verdant brink anymore so it seems like i'll never get my bladed armor chest piece.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

It feels like you're not even trying anymore.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Watching guild chat right now and off the top of the bat they said that next build (Tuesday) there will be changes to legendary collections but no details on that right away yet.

edit: Big blog post coming next week regarding upcoming balance patch

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Colin says they (anet) need to focus on polishing the existing game content rather than making a lot of new content, a couple times specifically calling it the Depth over Breadth strategy. This would be heartening news if he hadn't said essentially the same thing two years ago with it never panning out.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Alteisen posted:

The issue I see is that a lot of the currently existing content requires massive groups to reap rewards, not sure how they could polish that in any significant manner.

They could do some serious work in event scaling in the new zones. The best example was the Chak Gerent fight (and to their credit they actually made the fight winnable now), but just doing meta events sometimes you will notice poo poo loads of elites or champions will spawn even if there are very few people there.

Harrow posted:

It's horribly cynical of me, but at this point, I can't help but read this as the "Why should we make new content when we're making plenty of money just putting new skins on the gem store?" strategy.

For me I'm honestly thinking that they don't really have either depth or breadth. Content comes out at a very slow pace and is unpolished and will rarely be polished. The first season of living story was temporary content and therefore a worthless waste of time to develop. The second season they had regular updates but rarely was there anything more to them than a 10-15 minute story mission. It might've seemed like frequent content releases when they were doing living story stuff every two weeks, but a short story mission every two weeks isn't exactly the kind of content I had been hungry for. Had they released the living story episodes along side new dungeons or fractals and new pvp maps/modes that would've been fine, but that wasn't what happened. Again though, credit where it's due, drytop and silverwastes were pretty good zones.

The expansion has some honest-to-goodness great content and the art direction is top notch. But we had to wait three years for an expansion with much less content than the core game and a huge focus towards grinding to do pretty much anything and trying desperately to find servers that can actually do the content. They need to focus on both depth and breadth, not just one or the other.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Jesus I'm slipping. I actually watched that live and it never even registered in my stupid idiot head that it was gliding in central tyria.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
OK apparently I was just asleep during the livestream yesterday because according to Dulfy, Colin mentioned that in 2016 they would be working on their next expansion. Take that statement as you will.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Not a loving word about thief pistol.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

But they're going to drastically improve our melee autoattacks!!!

Which is fuckin GREAT because that means they're almost specifically leaving pistol out on purpose! GREAT. GREAT.

edit: and nothing about withdraw either

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 11, 2016

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
"OH what, just because I promised a rework of thief pistol suddenly that means I'm actually expected to do it?"

Karl "Killing Fields Enthusiast" McLain

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Alteisen posted:

They're not touching druid? Their glyphs are pretty lackluster.

And shout buff? Man I feel most of the base ranger skills need a good change, most of them are just complete garbage and the one that aren't are so good you shouldn't take anything else.

Well remember these quarterly balance patches are meant to be big deals and to, in their own words, "shake up the meta". I'm sure some tweaks to the utility of shouts will really change the druid's place in the game, much like making thief sword and dagger AA do more damage will make daredevil be able to take down those chronomancers that will negate 70% of their attacks.

That is unless they are for some reason withholding a lot of plans for change that will actually change up the game and balance things.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

Alteisen posted:

I can't think of how.

Rangers have 4 defensive shouts and 2 offensive ones, Sic em already got buffed and strength of the pack already got altered, I just can't think of any significant they can do to shouts that will fundamentally alter things or make me take me over signets or the stun glyph with the build I'm rolling now or hell any offensive or defensive build, all the defensive shouts are purely situational.

My main problem with druid is that its rigid in its role, revenants can heal and dps, chronos can buff like motherfuckers, eles can buff and heal like crazy, druids are just heal bots, that's all we do, cast circles on the floor to make blue numbers pop up and the staff DPS is atrocious.

My best guess is they'll change the shout trait to make it so they also do a small heal in addition to the swiftness and regen, or something else similarly small and low effort.

Druids have pretty good area CC capabilities, but with there being a 10 second cooldown on entering lifeshroud and a penalty for turning it off before you're out of star magic I can't imagine why you also have to have the gauge full before you can enter lifeshroud. That's my issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Just posted on GW2 site

Status of the Game Update Q1 posted:

by Colin Johanson on January 12, 2016

Hello, Tyrians,

Welcome back from the holiday break! We hope everyone had a wonderful holiday, and for all of you who celebrated in game as well, a very merry Wintersday. We’ve made it to 2016, and I want to give you an overview of what to expect from the next three months of live development for Guild Wars 2 as well a look ahead into where we’ll be going this year.

2016 marks a turning point for the developmental focus of the Guild Wars 2 franchise. From 2012 to 2014, we were focused on developing regular updates through our Living World and feature pack releases. In 2015 our focus predominantly shifted away from live updates and toward our first expansion. In 2016 we aim to provide a more balanced focus, which will see efforts divided equally between providing regular updates and working toward the next expansion.

While we balance our development, 2016 will also be a turning point in the type of development we do for Guild Wars 2. Over the last three years, ArenaNet has focused on “breadth” of development: new content types, releasing in new territories, new game systems, different release cycles, system overhauls, and experiments into what is possible with an online world. One of our goals for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ was for it to be the last time we would focus on this type of broad development and experimentation and to reach a point where we could focus more on depth.

Over the years, Guild Wars 2 has built up a wide variety of content and feature types. 2016 is the year where we’ll be focusing on the parts of Guild Wars 2 that have been most successful and giving our full attention to those areas by adding depth to them. This means a focus on new content and polish for our existing, successful parts of the game. Though our big overhaul for World vs. World is still not ready for prime time, all other parts of the game are at a point where we can focus entirely on polishing the systems we have and continuing to add new content via live updates and our next expansion.

So as we transition into a future where we’ll be balancing development between the next expansion and regular updates, what will these updates look like for Guild Wars 2?

Major Seasonal Game Updates

In 2016, we’ll begin rolling out major seasonal updates, and you can expect one of these big updates every three months or so. A few weeks before the launch of each seasonal game update, we’ll announce all the major additions that we’ll be delivering in the update. Over the course of the following weeks, we’ll reveal more specific details leading up to launch.

So when does this new major release schedule begin? Good news—today I’m going to tell you all the big additions in our first major seasonal update: the Guild Wars 2 Winter 2016 update, which will be arriving on January 26! Over the next two weeks, we’ll be sharing more specific details on these new additions via blogs and videos, and we’ll show you some of these features live in action on our Guild Chat show as well.

So what will you see in the Winter 2016 update?

Gliding in Central Tyria

We’re adding expanded functionality to the Gliding Mastery line! If you’ve trained the Glider Basics Mastery in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, your glider will let you glide a bit further…all the way back to Central Tyria. Your glider will work in any open-world map or city in Central Tyria once you’ve earned this Mastery ability.

The Shatterer Unleashed

Ominous winds are blowing across Blazeridge Steppes. Scouts are reporting hints of the Shatterer mustering a new Branded army, and the Sentinel and Vigil defenders are hunkering down and preparing to meet this new threat. Get ready for an improved and more challenging Shatterer fight! With greater challenge comes greater reward: we’ve added a new Shatterer achievement category, upgraded the Shatterer’s reward chest, increased the experience earned, and added a unique back-slot item for completing the new Shatterer meta-achievement.
Fractal of the Mists Updates

We’re making a few quality of life changes to the Fractals of the Mists. Using the looking for group tool for Fractals will become a bit easier by expanding the range you can queue into higher scales. For ease of gameplay, we’ll be updating the fractal hub so players will be able to adjust the fractal scale by interacting with the control panel near the entrance, rather than having to leave the hub and reenter to adjust difficulty. Finally, we’ll also be changing the achievement UI so daily fractal achievements will be displayed by default when inside of the Fractal of the Mists.

Recognition of Your Support

Participation for events is getting an update! Supporting your allies will contribute toward event participation in most events across Guild Wars 2. You must still actively attack a target to receive rewards from them, but as long as you land a few attacks you’ll also get additional contribution from applying boons, removing conditions, reviving allies, and healing allies. These will all generate bonus contribution on top of your attacks, so players who mostly heal/support can earn the same credit as players who do large amounts of DPS.

Squad Markers and Lieutenants

We’re adding squad markers and the ability to promote lieutenants to our Enhanced Squad UI experience. Commanders will be able to appoint lieutenants to take care of administrative tasks like organizing subgroups, inviting or removing players, and broadcasting messages. Additionally, squad leaders will be able to mark locations, players, and enemies with symbols which will appear both in the game world and on your compass.

World vs. World Upgrade and Points per Kill

The Secured, Reinforced and Fortified objective upgrade levels of locations in WvW will be changed to occur after having delivered or received a certain number of dolyak caravans, rather than being timer driven. This change was made to increase the importance of both maintaining allied supply lines and denying enemy supply lines.

We’ll also be changing scoring so that each enemy player killed in WvW will grant 1 point of War Score to your team. This change was made in order to allow players who focus primarily on killing enemy players to contribute more to the team’s overall success.

Rallying and Reviving in World vs. World

The number of players than can rally off a single kill in WvW will be reduced from 5 to 1. This change was made to give smaller groups more of a fighting chance against larger groups and to make WvW combat have less sudden power swings in general.

Along with rallying, we’ll also be making changes to reviving in WvW. Players will no longer be able to revive defeated players while in combat. They will still be able to revive downed players. This change was made to lower the staying power of large groups. If a player is eliminated from the fight, they stay eliminated until either the fight concludes or the player uses a waypoint and runs back.

New Mist Champion Tybalt Leftpaw

Tybalt will be joining the other Mist Champions on the field of Champion’s Dusk as our apple-bearing defensive Mist Champion. Unlock Tybalt by completing his reward track in PvP, and then unleash him in the Stronghold game mode to help you defeat your enemies and slay their lord.
Eldvin Monastery Brew of the Month Club

Master Brewer Desch Metz at the Eldvin Monastery in Queensdale is inviting everyone to join the Eldvin Monastery Brew of the Month Club. Once a month, when visiting a major city, club members will receive a package in the mail containing that month’s finely crafted brew. After collecting all twelve brews, club members will receive a title, a brewer’s backpack skin, and a guild decoration in recognition of their devotion to the craft.

New World and Raid Boss Guild Decorations

A new category of Guild Decoration trophies will be available for your guild halls! When you kill certain world bosses and raid bosses, you’ll earn a token that will allow you to buy brand-new decorations from the decoration vendor inside your guild hall. Once you collect enough of these decorations, you’ll be able to upgrade them into a larger trophy. The trophy may look familiar, as it’s also the custom chest that drops when you defeat the boss.
More Controls

We’ll be adding some new optional key bindings for action camera, snap ground targeting, and autotargeting so that players can use any of these features in either push-to-toggle or hold-to-toggle mode. Also, a new check box will be added to always show the names of objects you can interact with in the world, similar to the existing check boxes for player, NPC, and enemy names.

Major Balance Update

We’ve got a very large balance update coming with changes to professions, specializations, traits, skills, and more! We’ll be go over each profession and their updates specifically as we count down to the launch of the big release, so stay tuned for lots more details here. You can check out Karl’s preview of this balance update here.

Other Big Events for Early 2016

That covers all the big details of what’s coming in our first big seasonal release on January 26, but what else can you expect to see over the course of the next few months? Let’s take a look at other releases and events already planned out and firmly scheduled between now and the end of March in 2016.

Lunar New Year Event

Along with our seasonal update on January 26, we’ll also be launching the Lunar New Year event, which will run for two weeks in Divinity’s Reach until February 9. The event will return with all-new rewards, as well as Dragon Ball PvP, fireworks, and decorations.

New Raid Wing: Salvation Pass

Raiders can look forward to the next raid wing: Salvation Pass. You’ll continue to investigate the fate of the missing Pact squad and the mysterious forces north of the Maguuma jungle. Face off against new challenging bosses, earn new rewards, train new masteries, and continue your journey toward building your legendary armor. We haven’t finalized the release date for this wing yet, and we’ll give you more information as it gets closer.

PvP League Launch

On February 23, we’ll launch a brand-new in-game PvP League season. We’ll be making some changes to the rules and scoring for PvP Leagues, which you can read about here. This season will also include new rewards to earn, a reset of your league badge, a reset of the guild leaderboard, and new guild leaderboard rewards. You’ll be able to continue to earn items you need to start—or continue to build—your own legendary backpack, the Ascension.

ESL Guild Wars 2 Pro League Season One Finals + Relegation Tournament

Every Monday throughout January, you’ll be able to watch the final weeks of the first season of our ESL PvP Pro League play out live on Twitch between the best PvP teams in the world. February brings the Pro League Season One Championship, where teams will compete live for their share of $200,000 USD in prizes! You can check out all the action live on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel.

Looking Longer Term

There are plenty of other things in the works that will come later on in the year. We’ll be sharing more details about all of these projects in the future, but I do want to give you some idea of what we’re working on outside of our next expansion. This isn’t everything we’re working on, just some of the highlights!

Living World Season 3

You can look forward to the return of our Living World updates and the story picking back up in the world of Tyria. Warning: There are story spoilers ahead if you haven’t yet finished
Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.

With the recent death of Mordremoth, the Pact and its armies are in disarray with the vast majority of its troops dead or missing. Survivors have begun to regroup or gone home to mourn the dead while the heroes of the great invasion into the jungle investigate a strange disturbance to the north. Within the golden city of Tarir, the last known dragon egg rests protected by the Exalted—but the egg begins to crack. What creature lies within the egg? An enemy or an ally? In other corners of Tyria, the remaining powerful elder dragons continue to expand their control—but what impact will the death of the two of the elder dragons have on them and on Tyria itself? What impact will being held by Mordremoth have on Zojja and Logan? What research will Taimi uncover at Rata Novus? What plans do Anise and the Shining Blade have for Canach? How will the Black Citadel react when they learn of the return of Rytlock? These questions and more await you in season three of Living World! We’ll give you more details as we get closer to its launch.

Even More Fractals of the Mist Updates

Our Fractals team is hard at work on a lot of updates for Fractals of the Mists in 2016. Some highlights to look forward to in 2016 include the completion of outstanding projects like the Fractal legendary backpack and our new take on fractal leaderboards. You’ll also see lots of additional polish, balance to existing fractals and rewards, changes and polish to instabilities, additional reasons to play all the different fractals, and most importantly, new fractals (yes, you read that right: new fractals!).

WvW’s Big Update

As our competitive game director John Corpening discussed, we’re currently working on a large-scale overhaul to WvW that helps deal with core issues like population balance, scoring, rewards, and the need for 24-hour coverage.

We’ve focused a heavy amount of developer resources on this overhaul for WvW, and the team has been working hard for over a year now to solve these complicated issues. We may not be ready to reveal more in early 2016, but you’ll have an opportunity to get all the details and give feedback when we go into the beta phase of this massive project later this year. And as a brief reminder: WvW tournaments are currently on hold, but they’ll return once we’ve released this new format for WvW.
See You in the Game!

As with all things in development, details are subject to change as features get closer to release. I’ll be back at the start of April with the next state of the game blog to let you in on all the details of our next big seasonal update and what comes after it. We hope you’re as excited as we are for the upcoming updates, and we can’t wait to see you all in the game!

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 12, 2016

• Locked thread