Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Join Guam and the North Marianas Islands into one Pacific Islands Territory, give both it and Puerto Rico an ultimatum to join as states by 2024 or they will automatically be given independence, problem solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Pakled posted:

Didn't Puerto Rico have a successful referendum to petition Congress to be granted statehood a couple years ago but congress hasn't done anything about it?

Sort of. The referendum question had a yes or no question: "Should Puerto Rico continue its current territorial status?" If you voted yes there were three options to chose from, independence(5.5%), statehood(61%), or free association with the US(33.3%). So even though 54% of the voters voted "Yes," only 33% of the total voting population who both voted 'yes' AND for 'statehood' actually voted for statehood. Tons of people also cast blank ballots too, so that confounded the issue even further.

Some not-so-good charts:

Jaramin has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Feb 11, 2016

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Neither party really wants them to gain statehood honestly. I understand why, but don't think it's in the best interest of the country to keep unrepresented colonies and let them lag behind the rest of the population forever.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Actually, except for the unlabeled category at the very bottom, this seems like a very elegant way to present that information.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

It says right there at the bottom folks. The source is the CDC, and it's an estimate of the % of women using X birth control.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Clown car.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

The real problem with that is they forgot 1/2 of an Airbus A380.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's easy for me to forget just how big space really is, then I'll see a sunset and remember that I'm actually seeing the Sun as it was eight minutes ago, it just took that long for the light to reach the Earth.

:ughh:

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Look for a heading that describes where the place it describes is, and if there is none it's impenetrable.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Outrail posted:

That's orange, not red, right? Or are my eyes hosed up?

I'm a pedantic rear end in a top hat.

There's a small amount of red on the far left of the graph.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

I assume they meant x axis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Inspector 34 posted:

I'd like to hear more about Utility Fog

It's Grey Goo with a less scary name.