Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm going to say that Dana looked good against Asuka

I mentioned it before, but I loved that in-character Dana was furious and determined to just destroy Asuka, whereas Asuka always had this air of just playing around and enjoying herself even when she was beating the poo poo out of Dana.... hell, even when Dana was beating the poo poo out of her!

And yeah, Dana did really well in that match too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
wow asuka is 34, and also loves call of duty and platoon

the perfect woman

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dias posted:

A fuckin' WWE champ got his dick pics leaked AND the fact he was dating a nazi apologist came out, what ELSE do you want?

Big deal that happened to me twice already

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Borrowed Ladder posted:

So it IS possible to book people to lose matches but not look like garbage???

Turns out that when you don't do parity booking and your matches are worth something, EVERYONE can look good!

even the jobbing corpse of dana brooke may she rest in peace

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I'm going to say that Dana looked good against Asuka

:agreed: wholeheartedly

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

I haven't gotten legit pissed at a heel for reasons that weren't backstage related in a really really long time.

Sasha brought that out of me tonight when she yelled at Izzy

edit: oh yeah and i'm in love with asuka, she is incredible

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Shima Honnou posted:

wow asuka is 34, and also loves call of duty and platoon

the perfect woman

I wonder if she can get the Brock Lesnar deal and wear her X-Box tights. It's high time we had a wrestler sponsored by a video game company.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Blasmeister posted:

putting over bayley strong at the small cost of making sasha not seem like a completely dominant heel seems sensible when one of these people is going to no longer be on the show

That's actually a really good point. I think it makes for a less good match here and now but if it pays off along the way, that's good.

That said, face champs still gotta beat the odds. Someone's gonna have to get built up.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Charles Gnarwin posted:

but this match was Gable's coming out party.
Uh, I'm not sure you know what you're saying.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

I haven't gotten legit pissed at a heel for reasons that weren't backstage related in a really really long time.

Sasha brought that out of me tonight when she yelled at Izzy

edit: oh yeah and i'm in love with asuka, she is incredible

Asuka/Dana might well be my second favourite match of the night, but that could just be that all the tag matches kinda blurred into one in my memory atm

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

TheHock posted:

It's high time we had a wrestler sponsored by a video game company.

WWE shop about to sell UpUpDownDown merch, so it might be coming sooner than you think

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

All I want is the type of crowds that the Jumping Bomb Angels and the Crush Gals used to get :shobon:

I liked when Asuka came out and the dumb commentary dude goes on about how her name is a tribute to Lioness Asuka of the Crush Gals, and then on about how they radically changed the perception of women wrestlers and then goes "Sound familiar? Hah? That's right. The Diva's Revolution".

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blasmeister posted:

Asuka/Dana might well be my second favourite match of the night, but that could just be that all the tag matches kinda blurred into one in my memory atm

Asuka/Dana might not have been AMAZING, but it was exactly what we wanted and that is worth a lot.

I don't think this show had a clear MOTYC, but everything was so fun to watch it evened out in the end. Even Corbin looked good, gently caress.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Roman Reigns posted:

WWE shop about to sell UpUpDownDown merch, so it might be coming sooner than you think

does joe still stream video games because if so wwe has found a whole new market without having to do any work, considering they have an lper, a streamer, and a video game magazine writer all working for them at the same time

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I liked when Asuka came out and the dumb commentary dude goes on about how her name is a tribute to Lioness Asuka of the Crush Gals, and then on about how they radically changed the perception of women wrestlers and then goes "Sound familiar? Hah? That's right. The Diva's Revolution".

I liked when Asuka went berserk inside Unit-02 just before it ran out of power and took out most of those mass-production Evas

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Roman Reigns posted:

Yes, but how good is Asuka at Windjammers? This is important.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

does joe still stream video games because if so wwe has found a whole new market without having to do any work, considering they have an lper, a streamer, and a video game magazine writer all working for them at the same time

And we can take one step closer to PewDiePie guest hosting Raw

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

pressedbunny posted:

Uh, I'm not sure you know what you're saying.

I'm saying that I felt that the match was a celebration of Chad Gable telling people that he is attracted to other men.

You think I don't know words?

On an unrelated note, Asuka killing Dana Brooke made my girlfriend like Asuka. It normally takes a lot for her to like any wrestler because she hates wrestling, so Asuka is that cool.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Delsaber posted:

Yes, but how good is Asuka at Windjammers? This is important.

Asuka/Rusev Iron Man Windjammers match.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Dias posted:

Asuka/Rusev Iron Man Windjammers match.

The earth would shatter

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I don't think windjammers lets you jump over and do the move, so Rusev might not win that one

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Now that the main event is over and I know it lived up to its hype, I feel okay talking about the two moments where I was very worried that it was going to get derailed by injury (I did not want to be the guy who jinxed it). The first was Sasha's bad bump on the Japanese armdrag. It was such a simple spot and so early in the match that it could have been utterly disastrous. I couldn't tell if Sasha was selling or legit concussed at first and I was ready to be really let down. The other moment was Bayley tweaking her knee when she hit the floor, mostly because it looked realistic and had no part in the story of the match. We are all lucky that both women survived those scares to deliver a MOTYC, but man, Sasha needs to quit landing on her head. My heart can't take it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm the goony guy giving the thumbs down after Bayley won.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I'm the goony guy giving the thumbs down after Bayley won.

and then clapping at the celebration afterwards, clearly looking like he got (rightfully) yelled at for being a loving twat

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Went back and caught the opening 3 matches. The Mechanics are quite good. They really have the team part of tag team down to a science. They don't have much charisma, but they have the double-teaming thing down to the point that they're really promising.

Jason Jordan and Chad Gable were goddamn amazing. They're not as team-y as the Mechanics but they each has tons of charisma and ability. I like them a lot and look forward to watching them going forward.

Baron Corbin is getting better. Even though he still doesn't know where his opponents' legs are when he tries to hook them for a pin. He still doesn't have charisma or a character worth caring about, but his ring work is getting better. Sticking him with Rhino was probably the best thing they ever did for him.

Asuka. What is there to say? She's slightly too fast? I haven't seen her previous work, but other than going a little too fast in the beginning, I can't remember a new NXT arrival picking up the WWE style so quickly. And she's so loving smooth. To the point that she made Dana look super smooth. Her kicks look safe and her grappling is just unbelievable. She's easily the most legit competitor to Bayley after just one match.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

AlmightyPants posted:

Asuka. What is there to say? She's slightly too fast? I haven't seen her previous work, but other than going a little too fast in the beginning, I can't remember a new NXT arrival picking up the WWE style so quickly. And she's so loving smooth. To the point that she made Dana look super smooth. Her kicks look safe and her grappling is just unbelievable. She's easily the most legit competitor to Bayley after just one match.

And she's adorable when not actively engaged in murder.

Yes, Asuka, congratulations on you.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WHERE

IS

CAINKANE

TAJIRI.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

I don't think windjammers lets you jump over and do the move, so Rusev might not win that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYPhdSOyyBQ

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
You guys complain about the Full Sail crowd all the time, but when can we get WWE to stop circle jerking themselves at the end of every good women's match? It would be nice to see the heel act like a heel, or set up the next contender.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Astro7x posted:

You guys complain about the Full Sail crowd all the time, but when can we get WWE to stop circle jerking themselves at the end of every good women's match? It would be nice to see the heel act like a heel, or set up the next contender.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last time Sasha appears in NXT. I can forgive giving her a slightly kayfabe-breaking goodbye.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm also afraid of human emotions

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Astro7x posted:

That was the first time a women's match main evented a ppv or special or whatever you wanna call it. It's a big deal and deserves some recognition. Plus yeah, it was probably Sasha's last one in NXT.

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJAx8LsXHHk

Guys, I think Dana is gonna be ok.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Jerusalem posted:

WHERE

IS

CAINKANE

TAJIRI.

Schemes take time.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

McNutty posted:

Bayley has the most potential since CM Punk and it is not even close.

good to know they'll use her natural starpower to put over the total divas and everyone will be worse or gone in the end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ruggington posted:

I'm also afraid of human emotions

Are you serious, it's a valid complaint

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like what, do you think REvolution should have ended with Owens murdering Zayn, following by them hugging and celebrating that they did such a good job at setting up that angle? Wtf

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
That was better than Sasha/Bayley 1. A few minor botches but just fantastic storytelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Remember when Shield was running roughshod all over the WWE but then they spotted Randy Orton and just left him alone because "that fucker's crazy". Just do that with Asuka. Stay out of her way and hope you don't randomly get put in a match with her.

• Locked thread