Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
jesus christ everyone in this town needs to catch a bullet, they're all annoying as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving hell Jesse Plemons retarded wife needs to die first

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dangerous Person posted:

You just know he's going to die for her.

Ugh, I know :*(

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ICHIBAHN posted:

Pretty sure misogyny has a lot to do with it but ok

Do you see the boogeymen boogeyperson everywhere you go?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MullardEL34 posted:

:yikes:
Time to take this thread off the favorites list.

shoot, now we dont get to read all your hot takes

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Steve2911 posted:

Looked like a belt buckle to me.

Yeah thats what I thought.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Based on the selection from war of the Worlds I'm guessing the aliens, whether or not they actually figure into the plot, are meant to be a parallel to the Reganites and corporate types represented by Brad Garrett.

star wars!!!!

Where did the popped foil balloon come from again? Is it possible the guy was so hosed up on adrenaline from killing people and getting stabbed that he mistook the balloon under the streetlight for UFO lights?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Pretty sure misogyny has a lot to do with it
You see it is about ethics in prestige dramas

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lutha Mahtin posted:

You are a moron who has never looked at loving map of the Upper Midwest, much less lived here. You are also an rear end in a top hat. Here, I made a guide that's hopefully not too hard for you to wrap your head around:

(all towns with major plot relevance in the franchise (so far))

First, let us show why you are a moron.

The Gerhardt crime family lives outside of Fargo. It is the largest town for hundreds of miles in every direction, is not "tiny", and is a major highway nexus. Hmm, wonder if that's why the writers chose to base a crime family there. Nah, that wouldn't make any sense.

The Waffle Hut murders happened outside of Luverne. Fuckin' Luverne! So yes, your stellar analysis about how the local small-town cops should be taking down a crime operation hundreds of miles to the north (in a different loving state, even) is spot on.

The crime syndicate is from Kansas City. Note the major highways connecting KC with the other towns. Hmm, maybe that is relevant to the plot? Nah, couldn't be. It wouldn't make sense for a mob to expand from one hub city to another, especially a strategically placed city like Fargo, that would offer more access to Canada and points west.

Second, why you are an rear end in a top hat.

I grew up in rural Minnesota and there was definitely crime. Drug manufacture and trafficking, embezzling, arson, murder, hate crimes, you name it. Just because the media focuses on urban crime doesn't mean it doesn't exist elsewhere. Most importantly for me though, a dear relative of mine was unable to escape the availability of drugs even in your mythical "nowheresville", and this was one factor that contributed to his suicide. :frogout:

Getting real mad about being from an unimportant nowhere town itt

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm watching the leaked episode now and holy poo poo this turtleneck gold chain guy is killin' me.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You're a poo poo cop. Y'know that, right?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Oh, I was thrown off when he told mike that he was the butcher of leverne and mike said that he liked his style or something

That was all just a last-minute story change by Dodd to make Ed seem like he was this bigshot hitman out of KC when in reality he's just a local butcher who got in over his head.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KoRMaK posted:

Lol the kid with the hand is stuck in prison without a lawyer.

Oh poo poo forgot about him. Season 3 starts with that guy getting out of prison, calling it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lutha Mahtin posted:

"ed is a cow" --noah hawley

yep

Died amongst his brothers

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

perfect.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

centaurtainment posted:

I just rewatched season 1 and Lou says that the last time he stood watch was in 1979 when Molly was 4 years old, but in episode one of season 2 Betsy says that Molly is "six, not Pol Pot." Why make her two years older? Is old Lou just misremembering?

Is this a detail that literally doesn't matter?
:tinfoil:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alien_abduction&redirect=no#Return

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Both of my favorite actors on one of my favorite shows. Loving it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Escobarbarian posted:

Pretty good trailer, but my main takeaway from recent posts is that there are still people who think making a Rick and Morty reference every time they hear the phrase "two brothers" is funny :v:

Why, Escobarbarian? Why expend the effort?

• Locked thread