Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I love Dodd's little double-take when he stops to confirm his nephew asked for an Old Fashioned donut. There was something so charming about it :3:

Dodd knows that Old Fashioneds are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Frostwerks posted:

I didn't know whot Brad Garrett was off the top of my head but sweet jesus the dudes a loving giant.

He's 6'8". Basically every joke at his expense on Everybody Loves Raymond (shut up, my parents were always watching it) was about his size.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

SHOTS FIRED.

Somebody explain to me why you keep referring to the butcher as Fat Damon.

e- I was just going to post that I couldn't wait to see The Kitchen Brothers vs. Red Man.

Jesse Plemons at normal size looks kind of like Matt Damon, so people started calling him "Meth Damon" when he was on Breaking Bad. To me he's always Landry.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Unzip and Attack posted:

The store owner called the police when he realized who Hanzee was. How the cops got there so fast was a little iffy but that's how the authorities found out. Why there weren't other local cops swarming the place is also a bit of a mystery, considering the huge manhunt that was on for Hanzee.

I think Ed also mentioned it was his uncle's cabin. Probably not something that requires extended interviewing in a little town like Luverne.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

I couldn't hate Meth Demon in BB because Landry is such a swell guy in FNL.

Those of us who saw him in FNL first know that Ed is just the grown-up Midwestern version of Landry, right down to killing a dude and getting with a blonde who's out of his league.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

King Vidiot posted:

I love that the paper has both that and Hanzee's portrait on the first page, and all Ed had to do was flip it from prominent Hanzee picture to the half that mentioned Mike Milligan by name and where he was staying. And then the paper blew on over to the store, where the owner reads another copy of the paper to notice Hanzee's portrait front-and-center.

I mean yeah it feels "cheap" I guess but it was so deliberate that I'm not bothered by it. The writers/directors knew what they were doing and played on the old trope of the Convenient Newspaper, related to the Convenient News Report That Happens Just as a Character Turns the TV On.

The store owner just looked at a copy he already had for sale in his own store. It wasn't THAT cheesy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Game of Thrones is definitely not in the miniseries category. I think whoever wrote out the nominations meant to include the word "Movie" as in "Best TV Movie/Miniseries"

All I know is it's not going to be True Detective.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Krispy Kareem posted:

Apparently they're going to do a flashback of Hank's time in the Great war.

Is that Gus' grandfather with him?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I can't imagine hating an actor so much that I won't watch something solely because they are part of the cast.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

precision posted:

It's pretty ballsy to end a season with a real, no kidding entire-episode epilogue/denouement. Even though I suspected that's what the finale would be (since we'd already seen the Massacre at Sioux Falls) it still impressed the poo poo out of me.

Just absolutely top notch head to toe. Better than season 1 even.

I think Ed getting murdered counts as more than an epilogue

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Lester is an absolutely fascinating character and watching the fallout from his actions in that spoilered section and how he reacts and adapts to things is a really incredible ride. Don't be put off, you'd be missing out on some exceptional television.

This. Also you don't really need to spoil the first episode in the whole series in the Fargo thread. You're probably the only one who's newly experiencing it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Stuhlbarg hell yeah. Two A Serious Man alums.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Landry finally got over Tyra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't even know there was a trailer for the new season until I saw it tonight while watching Legion.

I somehow missed any and all news regarding Season 3 and seeing that Ewan loving McGregor is one of the main characters blew my loving mind.

Actually he's two of the main characters.

• Locked thread