Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol, this show's season 2 is better than True Detective's season 2.

Both season are really good. This ep is already real fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

At first I thought it was just some no name that looked like Dunst.

Then I googled it. :eyepop:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Meth Daemon

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Double Whoops, eh?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

*prog rock music plays quietly in the bg*

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Season 2 is the spiritual successor to True Detective season 1. Holy poo poo

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I want a show around this Cableworld commerical. Good lord, the actors they got in it.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I like NightOwl

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Wow, they really end their episodes well here in fargo.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

I want a show around this Cableworld commerical. Good lord, the actors they got in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9yH7jPpjA

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Jake Armitage posted:

Even more interesting (to me, anyway) is the real world UFO encounter by a state trooper in Minnesota in 1979. If you want to know where this UFO stuff is leading, that's probably a safe bet. I'm pretty sure the X-Files did an episode about that particular case as well.

[edit] Sherrif Deputy, not State Trooper. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Johnson_incident
Yesssssssssssssssssssss.

More True Detective than True Detective.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Is that mcually caulkin???!

*googles fargo mcaully caulkin*

Brother of Mcaully Caulkin? :laffo: Well, guess that's another point for me in the "doesn't suffer from face blindness" tally

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I thought that scene was very well done.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

7 minutes in

This is a very good season

*ppfshssssp*

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol That kid from the wire is gonna be the new rocky movie lead

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

centaurtainment posted:

Where's Wallace, Rock, where's Wallace?

Oh, the rocks gonna be in it?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Whoooooooooo

The duaghter is a real cutie. Would let her snort whatever off of my whatever and reminesce about the hippie 60s

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Witch Doctor?

Which Doctor?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lifts cats over head posted:

It took me a few moments to realize that Lou was doing exactly what he did in season one,
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Neat! I'm not following any of the names so this triggered me to lookup character names.

Molly.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

gently caress nightowl, don't get too clever.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

She really wants to make this work.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol how was that guy so bad that he couldnt hear where the shotgun blast came from?

The ear muffs?

The granddaughter is bein reall hosed up.

This season is better than got imo (ive never watched got)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Meth Damon gotta kill his wife or else she gonna kill him.

Or the mob is gonna get them both.

I'm wth meth, she got him into this and now she gonna sell her out.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

I knew this before but what

What what?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lol at these idiots thinking meth damon is the butcher of anywhere mob affiliated.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Eh, on second thought the mobsters wanted this to happen. I dont think fear motivated them, it was more like they used fear to justify it.

RADICAL loving OPENING 10 MINUTES THOUGH HOLY poo poo.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

HOLY poo poo RED MAN - like a silent stealthy....rambo? chole from td? i dunno, he's awesome.

e: loving BRUCE CAAAAAAAAAAMBELL.

This is a very good show.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

Somebody explain to me why you keep referring to the butcher as Fat Damon.

He looks like a fat matt damon poster wtf.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

nopants posted:

What was the music that started right before the kid went into the butcher's shop for the throw down? It was so familiar, but I can't place it.
some prog rock sound stuff like from earlier.

A subtle reminder of ALIENS

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm pretty sure this show, this season, is making me feel like how breaking bad did. The sounds, the characters, the events, and by not killing the girl, the kid, or meth damon they resolved the issue momentarily and let me be relatively happy with the outcome.

A handful of shows think that good writing is making you care about a character and then killing them. To me, whats more challenging is writing them into situations that seems like they have a slim chance of getting out of and while baiting the viewer into beleiving that anyone can die at anytime and finding an inventive and beleiveable way for the character to get out.

I mean, lol at a loving richochet. A richochet, which causes confusion and allows a moment for people to breathe. Sure I'll take it. Thanks mr alien

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The kid looks kind of Native American. Is he the indian's kid or the oldest gearheartd son's?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The song Children of the Sun that played when Rye killed the judge seems to talk about some aliens coming and everyone on earth being scared and greeting them or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OPVATsLoA0

So uh yea maybe Alien Regan or whatever.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Was this episode called Home Turf or Home Field advantage?

Lotta home base stuff not going so well. Like the police station being seiged, an escape into the woods which then becomes redman's home turf.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Just remembered Odenkirk was in S1. Connects with the lawyer talk again. :)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i guess my interpretation of its significance is that it shows a group of cows all together and one cow off on its own. it's been shown more than once and i think the point it to show that ed (and maybe peggy? i don't remember her looking at it though) understand the tension in the relationship has a lot to do with the choice between whether to focus on the collective or the individual. the first time ed looks at it i got the impression that he understood himself to be with the group of cows, but peggy wants to be the solitary cow going to her hippie self-actualization seminar in sioux falls. then once the butcher shop burns down, ed looks at it again and he realizes the irony that peggy is now joining the herd by selling her car and he is the solitary cow by wanting to bolt. you could also read it as ed trying to pull peggy at first toward the herd, and then once the poo poo hits the fan trying to pull her toward the solitary side.

poo poo, didn't read this at first becasue of the word count but

Ohhhh now I understand that loving painting

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ohhhh, foreshadowing

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Inspirational poster for the parinoid schizpophrenic.

I forgot that in the fist couple epsiodes of season 1, and really the whole season, that I had thought billy bob's character may not be real and just a manifestation of Billbo's evil

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Who the gently caress is the shadow men that ramonds brother has a talk with? What kind of syndiycate has researchers and a payroll to get a powerpoint printed for a meeting about taking over a mob terrotiry?

The first 2 times i thought not much of it, but after a third and fourth and aliens and ron swanson talkin conspiracy in the first ep for a fith time i finally realized: who the gently caress does that? who has the resources to do that?

The NSA? .... thats too modern, they are recent. The CIA? The fbi?

The smoking man?

this show is very good.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Accretionist posted:

Now I know where I've heard Mike before: Dave Chappelle's impression of a white dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ3dk6KAvQM

i may have posted this already, but i keep getting the guy playing mike confused AS chapelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Epsiode leaked?

• Locked thread