Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It's time to talk about the toys you never had as a kid, but your friend did; drat that friend who had all the toys. Just kidding, post all that good stuff from yesteryear!

Always wanted the deluxe Megazord but never got it :smith:

Perhaps the greatest toy ever? I had all the Jurassic Park stuff, that stuff was amazing. Infact.....

The movie accurate brown rex was on the back of ALL the packaging, but they never realeased it. Cunts.

Witchcraft?

Micromachines were a thing in the USA right?

MILITARY MUSCLE MEN.

Dr Dreadful's make your own [insert rubbish]. Pretty sure I never made anything. I can't find what I had, I think it was a foodstuff. Google images only shows post 2000 products judging from the graphic design on the packging :(

The BLUE WWF wrestling ring. I got into wrestling figs just on the tail end of the 'LJN era'. I loved the box for this, and especially the line drawing on the back.

Crash dummies were a UK brand I think? They were literal crash dummy figures and they would explode (all limbs would disconnect) at the press of a button on their chest. The cars were awesome and deformed when smashed into stuff.

Scalextric looked cool; I liked it when they had the touring cars in the Argos Catalogues (Audi Racing pictured). I tracked down a 1999 Argos PDF and i'm overloading on nostalgia.

Stretch fuckin Armstrong. Enjoy it before it breaks.

Just a few for now, roll on the nostalgia.

Sevalar has a new favorite as of 10:47 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I always wanted the yellow turtles van :(

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Gerry Anderson's (Thunderbirds) Space Precinct was awesome, as were the toys too. Very under rated stuff. The cruiser was amazing

Terminator had some cool toys too, with a line of totall weird poo poo. I remember the horned devil from the films too!

Come to think of it, I hated it when toys had goofy non-accurate poo poo included in their lines. Look at this poo poo from Jurassic Park's line. SKINNER!

Time for a palate cleanse, the classic red rex :)

ps - the guy in green pictured above is Dennis Nedry, the fat computer nerd - remember when he had a flamethrower?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Pogs!

'Milkcap' aka cheap pogs, maker.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Dogz and Catz on Pc were awesome, I love how each one was better then it stopped after 3.

I remember trying to figure out early internet trying to download litterz(?) but I never understood that poo poo

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Jurassic park obsessed [if you can tell]

I had a little pamplet catalogue which I loved looking at as it had the whole line of things to get, pre internet I thought i'd found the motherlode.

Series 2 came about in 94 I believe. Baring in mind I was around 6-8? when I got into these toys so in the UK these were still knocking about in shops(96-98, maybe 99!). Series 2 had some awesome/lame stuff depending on your interests. I disliked the 'rad' stuff and preferred the more grounded stuff from the main toys. What's a skinner!

My immersion was breaking as a young child, this guff wasn't in the films!

The vehicles are larger things that came in boxes, rather than packets had really cool art on.

Too rad for me but looked cool!

Sevalar has a new favorite as of 12:06 on Oct 25, 2015

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Davros1 posted:

"Dennis Nedry's arms rip off to reveal Dino Damagetm"

Well, that's horrific.

At least it was film accurate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Parsley posted:

There was also a more well-known dog version, but I liked cats, so...

I just. I like cats.

For some reason, I had a tub of these (cats and dogs) and ther was a big shaggy beige dog that was posed laying down on it's belly. And a brown lab who was bending down with it's tongue out. The 'te he' thing to do was to make the dog lick the other one's rear end.

ha found it, thanks internet.

• Locked thread