Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Broenheim posted:

private property is a myth op, nobody owns anything
Okay Bernie Sanders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
serious response if they left the house abandoned for years you could conceivably move in and legally acquire it via adverse possession

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Broenheim posted:

Dude, that totally blew my mind.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
lowtax if u reopen lf i, a property/tenancy lawyer, will answer youre question.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lowtax posted:

I think my neighbors across the street are on vacation or something because nobody's been there for days and I was wondering if I could rent their home out to people on AirBNB or HomeAway. I dont have a key to their house but I assume I can find one if I break in or maybe just remove the front door from its hinges. Is there any way I could face any legal action with this? I think it's probably okay as long as I try to clean up their home before they come back, but I don't know when that will be and truthfully I'll probably just be too lazy to do it anyway so whatever.

Thanks in advance.

Will give you £10 for SA

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
The pound is still going strong against the dollar so it's a good deal

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Broenheim posted:

:objection:
Private property is NOT the same as personal property!

Geeeeeeeze guys
:eng99:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Geeeeeeeze guys

suck my privates property

E: the cum from my dick

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

As an internet lawyer I advise you to rent it out to meth cooks and make a reality show about your life.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Check to see if your state has a "Milkshake Law".
If so you can tunnel into their house from underground instead of using a door or window and do anything you want.

Gaybee
Jul 16, 2002
Just let them know you are test driving (living) their home, they'll understand and then you can toss back a couple of ice cold Coors with your new best friends.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

drat horror queefs posted:

Its a thorny legal issue, all right. I'll need to refer to the case of Finders v. Keepers

Not sure if you know this but finders keepers is actually an old common law legal maxim.
IIRC if you find something that's been abandoned you can keep it.

So op looks like that house is yours now.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
if you can drive through the front door in aluxury sedan the house legally belongs to you if you make it to the kitchen

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pray that Astrofig does not find this incriminating thread.

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation
I called my lawyer, yeah you're good
GO HOG WILD

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Why don't you just ask Leonard J. Crabs

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Actual honest to god lawyer here.

My actual advice: this is probably illegal and will get you arrested/sued.

That having been said, do it because the news story would be hilarious.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Geeeeeeeze guys

everything belongs to everyone, no one has to right to deny any of the earth to his fellow men

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Lowtax what ever happened to fragmaster, his dating video has recently got alot of girls looking to date him

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Fluo posted:

Lowtax what ever happened to fragmaster, his dating video has recently got alot of girls looking to date him
He works in advertising now, he's married and in NEW YORK CITY

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lowtax posted:

Then he is lost forever

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Broenheim posted:

everything belongs to everyone, no one has to right to deny any of the earth to his fellow men

That's dumb

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Fluo posted:

He journeyed away with honor to fight the glorious fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
perfect time to start up a diy meth lab project imo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Is there any AirBNBs that also double as brothels? That should be a thing for sure.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

lowtax i am not a lawyer but you can totally do that. careful not to cut your hand breaking windows :ohdear:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Lowtax posted:

I am imaging him now in a coffee shop in new york asking for qoffee

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
All property is theft. Lowtax, you are already breaking the law. Can't get in trouble for breaking in because you've already done the crime. Double misdeminity or something. Frankly, its your duty to go through with this.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Pissssss

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Lowtax posted:

I think my neighbors across the street are on vacation or something because nobody's been there for days and I was wondering if I could rent their home out to people on AirBNB or HomeAway. I dont have a key to their house but I assume I can find one if I break in or maybe just remove the front door from its hinges. Is there any way I could face any legal action with this? I think it's probably okay as long as I try to clean up their home before they come back, but I don't know when that will be and truthfully I'll probably just be too lazy to do it anyway so whatever.

Thanks in advance.

the only legal way you can do this is post an add on craigslist saying you are giving away all the furniture at that house first, then you can rent it out because it will be nice and clean. again only list on craigslist or it will be illegal.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Lowtax posted:

I organized hella goon meets in NYC and he never showed, what a jerk, I even play poker too

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
Post your Penis online

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm just a small town pizza lawyer

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Fluo posted:

I am imaging him now in a coffee shop in new york asking for qoffee

I'm imagining him standing outside a Starbucks wearing a sandwich board advertising the specials

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Just write DEED on a piece of paper along with your name and you should be in the clear. Remember possession is 9/10ths of the law and the fringe on the flag means you're in a naval court and it holds no authority over you.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
It should be legal UNLESS YOUR NEIGHBORS ARE FLYING AN AMERICAN FLAG WITH A GOLD FRINGE!!!

IF that's the case then they are fully incoprolated AMerican CItizens (TM) and can only be served Legally in an International Tribunal under Admiralty Law!!

It's not all bad, you can maybe claim salvage rights to stuff in their yard, like their garden hose or the rusty swingset out back. They never use it anyway.

Otherwise, yeah under Adverb Position you can rent out "their" "house" (since it isn't and they don't exist in the eyes of the Law and all "property" is held In Trust for all real USA incorporal critizens)!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Post a craigslist ad for a shady meth head to cook, have huge parties, score some chatterbate tokens, etc. Take like a tenbuck tarrif but u don't know wtf is going on there.
Kind of like your website.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Serious answers only please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

smilingfish posted:

Actual honest to god lawyer here.

My actual advice: this is probably illegal and will get you arrested/sued.

That having been said, do it because the news story would be hilarious.

Obvious troll. 'Honest lawyer'? Yeah right.

• Locked thread