Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prophets
Oct 11, 2015

Space Police
DAMIEN - based on the original classic horror film series "The Omen" - debuts on A&E in early 2016.

Created by Glen Mazzara ("The Shield," "The Walking Dead")

Produced by Fox 21 Television Studios, A&E, Ross Fineman, Pancho Mansfield, Nick Copus
Casting by Rebecca Mangieri & Wendy Weidman ("The Shield," "Cold Case")

The story follows the adult life of Damien Thorne, the mysterious child from "The Omen," who has created a name for himself as a war photographer. Haunted by his past and those around him, he must face the ultimate truth: his destiny as The AntiChrist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM4U9MInmhs

Starring:
Bradley James as Damien
Barbara Hershey as Rutledge

Supporting Cast:
Omid Abtahi ("Homeland," "Better Call Saul")
Megalyn Echikunwoke ("House of Lies")
David Meunier ("Justified," "Aquarius")

Special Appearances:
Scott Wilson ("The Walking Dead," "In Cold Blood")

Season 1 Episodes:
101 - The Beast Rises
102 - Second Death
103 - The Deliverer
104 - The Number of a Man
105 - Seven Curses
106 - Temptress
107 - Abattoir
108 - Here Is Wisdom
109 - The Devil You Know
110 - Ave Satani

Prophets fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I didn't know anything about this, but Bradley James was incredibly likable on iZombie last season and I was actually bummed when they killed him off. I will definitely give this one a shot just based on the fact that I'd like to see him try something else.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hmmm. Wouldn't it have made more sense to connect it to the remake than the original film? In any case, it'd be cool if the series expanded on the most interesting moment of the second film, where he finds out and freaks out over it, playing up the human aspect of it more.

Prophets
Oct 11, 2015

Space Police

Sentinel Red posted:

Hmmm. Wouldn't it have made more sense to connect it to the remake than the original film? In any case, it'd be cool if the series expanded on the most interesting moment of the second film, where he finds out and freaks out over it, playing up the human aspect of it more.

I do believe they are paying homage to the entire film series (the original plus sequels plus remake) in a number of ways. This could mean scenes, key dialogue, key plot points, or just (seemingly) random throwbacks.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Did anyone watch this?

Wondering if it's worth adding this series to all the other crap I'm watching. :P

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

He's stolen the fire chief's hat!
It's not good. But it's fun to watch Bradley James doing an American accent, and I guess there's a chance they could get their poo poo together post-pilot and make it interesting.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

so has anyone watched past ep1? I sure as hell haven't

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I've been watching it. It's hardly great television but the material is fairly interesting and it delivers bizarre and graphic death scenes with regularity, so it's managed to hook me. It's honestly about as good as Bates Motel, but minus the two excellent lead performances.

I never saw any of the original films, so I feel like there is some backstory that I'm only half understanding (there were several references in the latest episode to Damien's time living in the White House, for example).

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Still bad, but with potential.

(It's not going to get good.)

Comedy option: Add Colin Morgan to the cast.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
One of the creepiest scenes in the films to me as a kid was when grown up Damien takes a private helicopter to an island in the middle of the night, stands in front of a crowd with torches blazing and private bodyguards all around him, and he delivers a speech about finding and killing the new christ-child and ushering in a new era. When they reveal his audience to you, you think they're an army of jackbooted thugs or guys in robes or something, but they're just regular looking people (including some kids) holding up the sign of the devil hailing satan. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but the scene really spooked me way back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShakeZula posted:

It's honestly about as good as Bates Motel,.

Poppycock, Sir.

• Locked thread