Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

I also like when Amuro remembers he has a gun.

Just "I wanted this guy to stop bothering me so much I forgot I could just shoot him. That's so much better!"

Sadly, Quess had to ruin everything. (A running theme with Quess.)

Quess-a is the besta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If Hathaway and quess hadn't been there amuro and char would have ended up kissing

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Synthbuttrange posted:

In my heart it's always Suletta Sunday.

Just hold a tomato in your hand and squish it as you put your hand to your heart.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Quess already recognized they were a married couple, they would kiss when they got home.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/zeonicscans/status/1782332860856185153?t=22DtVUv-L2TeF8yOMTDlgQ&s=19

So it's like just a story or a manga

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 22, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Yeah probably.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If it was a manga it would be in a magazine, this is going to just be on the G Gundam website. It really sounds like it's basically going to Imagawa describing more G Gundam lore he's thought up

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
I am completely down for Imagawa describing more G Gundam lore. I will probably enjoy it much more than I would enjoy watching more G Gundam

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Man, I remember even as a wee baby child staying up too late to watch Gundam 0083 on Adult Swim, thinking South Burning's death was way too telegraphed. I had forgotten that his last 30 seconds of life are literally

1) "I have taught you all I can, now it's up to you to finish your own journeys"

2) meaningfully looks at a photograph of his estranged wife

3) "Boy, we sure have come a long way since the events of the first episode, haven't we?"

4) "Oh my god! I know Gato's plan! The ultimate target of Operation Stardust is" *explodes*

And he didn't even know he was about to explode. That was supposed to just be a normal conversation

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

Gripweed posted:

Man, I remember even as a wee baby child staying up too late to watch Gundam 0083 on Adult Swim, thinking South Burning's death was way too telegraphed. I had forgotten that his last 30 seconds of life are literally

1) "I have taught you all I can, now it's up to you to finish your own journeys"

2) meaningfully looks at a photograph of his estranged wife

3) "Boy, we sure have come a long way since the events of the first episode, haven't we?"

4) "Oh my god! I know Gato's plan! The ultimate target of Operation Stardust is" *explodes*

And he didn't even know he was about to explode. That was supposed to just be a normal conversation

He has maybe the most death flags I've ever seen

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

chrome line posted:

He has maybe the most death flags I've ever seen

What's Gundam's record for death flags survived? I'm still thinking Takaki, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Caros
May 14, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

What's Gundam's record for death flags survived? I'm still thinking Takaki, but I'm willing to be proved wrong.

Nah, you nailed it in one.

IBO was drilling down the idea of 'no one gets out of this alive' for most of the second season (with a subversion at the end). So many groups and factions get ground up by the war and you have this c-list kid in way over his head with a little sister he adores who is thinking that maybe he should find an off ramp just as things are heating up.

He was biscuit 2.0 and it was a miracle that he made it out of that show alive.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mwu

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/GreatCheshire/status/1782604422293450970

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://x.com/retroanimechris/status/1782421691957686278

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Caros posted:

Nah, you nailed it in one.

IBO was drilling down the idea of 'no one gets out of this alive' for most of the second season (with a subversion at the end). So many groups and factions get ground up by the war and you have this c-list kid in way over his head with a little sister he adores who is thinking that maybe he should find an off ramp just as things are heating up.

He was biscuit 2.0 and it was a miracle that he made it out of that show alive.

The one gal that gets it in the shop at near the end of S2 was both telegraphed and shocking. I was genuinely surprised.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DamnGlitch posted:

The one gal that gets it in the shop at near the end of S2 was both telegraphed and shocking. I was genuinely surprised.

Lafter?

That one was brutal

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'd give up Iok's death if it meant Lafter could live.

Tho iok getting squished was alright compensation to soothe the pain.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Synthbuttrange posted:

I'd give up Iok's death if it meant Lafter could live.

Tho iok getting squished was alright compensation to soothe the pain.

Yeah agreed on both

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i want both to die, as i enjoy story beats that elicit emotion

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/gundampixel/status/1782984688933748999

He was 15 years old!!!!!!

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Where was all the crying for Rusty, Athrun.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

McTimmy posted:

Where was all the crying for Rusty, Athrun.

Athrun didn't really know Rusty, is the thing. He's unknowable.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
Zeta Gundam re-watch: So the Titans have switched from black federation-style uniforms to black zeon-style uniforms. They're just going to say the not-so-quiet part out loud now, huh?

Lazy Fair fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Apr 24, 2024

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I like the comment that the takeaway is not to play piano in the Cosmic Era if you want to live a long life.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been building gunpla for a bit and have watched WfM but otherwise haven't watched Gundam at all. Decided to start watching the original series last night, made it thru 5 episodes. The music is so 70s and also rules, and I'm enjoying the characters and plot so far. I think I'm hooked on the series already so I'll probably end up watching at least all the series at this point if not the movies/manga at some point too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Mr E posted:

I'll probably end up watching at least all the series at this point if not the movies/manga at some point too.

Godspeed.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Lazy Fair posted:

Zeta Gundam re-watch: So the Titans have switched from black federation-style uniforms to black zeon-style uniforms. They're just going to say the not-so-quiet part out loud now, huh?

The Titans are not masters of subtlety. Also yes.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mr E posted:

I've been building gunpla for a bit and have watched WfM but otherwise haven't watched Gundam at all. Decided to start watching the original series last night, made it thru 5 episodes. The music is so 70s and also rules, and I'm enjoying the characters and plot so far. I think I'm hooked on the series already so I'll probably end up watching at least all the series at this point if not the movies/manga at some point too.

:toot:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Witch from mercury lures in another one.

Next thing you know you will have strong opinions on SEED and SEED Destiny. This is when you know you are doomed.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

Mr E posted:

The first Gundam is a fun ride all the way through, I just finished my re-watch on it recently and enjoyed it way more than I expected.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mr E posted:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mr E posted:

heck yeah

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Witch from mercury lures in another one.

Next thing you know you will have strong opinions on SEED and SEED Destiny. This is when you know you are doomed.

I already do because they keep making kits for those instead of any of the Gundam I want them to make entirely based on looks. It's kinda funny that I have watched pretty much every other mecha show, Evangelion is one of my favorite anythings, and I just never watched Gundam til now.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

chiasaur11 posted:

Athrun didn't really know Rusty, is the thing. He's unknowable.

People without eyes deserve respect too...!

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Nice of them to make sure they spelled the names correctly.

Mind you, we found out recently there's a UC character whose official, canon name is "Eric Manthfield."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mr E posted:

I already do because they keep making kits for those instead of any of the Gundam I want them to make

This is good and correct

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mr E posted:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yup