Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Zeon is cool. Zaku FTW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

Barbatos can kill the tankiest unit in the game(Sazabi) in under two seconds, completely unassisted and without the use of an ultimate. Its primary kill combo incorporates an AoE stun that prevents the target from doing anything, to boot. Just as a bonus, part of its kill combo has an effect that if it kills the target, they are destroyed instead of downed, which means they can't be resurrected and are forced to go through the full respawn - the only ability in the game that does this. It doesn't even require any aiming ability, just basic positioning and knowing when it can safely engage without being focus fired by 3 people(which is roughly the only thing that can stop it, because despite being an instagib assassin with insane mobility it has average durability). It's wildly, hilariously, incredibly broken and unreasonable compared to every other unit in the game, and most games I've seen are decided by which team's Barbatos does Barbatos things more effectively.

Other than that, game's pretty fun.

I used to think Barbatos was sick but have discovered most of them are rendered hilariously impotent by back dashing and jumping if they can't get the blind jump on you.

Turn A Gundam is my new top tier I think, the gun is absolutely ridiculous.

Your two tools are just to keep you using your gun for longer, healing you and shutting down melee ambushers respectively.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It totally can just 1 2 wombo combo you touch of death if it does get the blind jump though, they probably should and will tone it down before launch.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Zeon FTW, looks very cool.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

That Works posted:

Cool robot explosions at least.

Thats mainly what I'm expecting, neat visuals and shot composition. The story of the zeon squad in the dying days of the one year war is one thats been told across the whole franchise at least 30 times now, its pretty well trodden. But looking neat can be a worthwhile quality all its own.