Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Droyer posted:

Yeah Chronicle's definitely one of the weaker Chars, along with Mr. Bushido and Zeheart.
Not that it makes him better but wasn't it sorta the point of Mr bushido that nobody took him seriously and could see right through his disguise. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Good, cry more Noredo :getin:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

closeted republican posted:

Don't forgot his fellow character made to sell more model kits in arms, Shin Matsunaga. Everyone forgets about Shin.
His Zaku is much cooler so he's alright in my book. :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The entire point of the character is that she is a lot more cunning than she lets on and only rarely lets anyone see it. She's not Haman Karn but there's a reason the "Lacus Clyne masterminded everything" jokes have an edge of truth to them
I always loved that part where she has her boyfriend give her a lift, in his state of the art weapon of war, so she can join in on the broadcast of her sister-in-law, the heir/ruler to not-japan, so she can pretty much just casually tell the world about how lovely the government is and it should be overthrown.
The government was lovely and her having an impostor was indeed true, but its still an act of sheer balls and arrogance really. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Dub Rau is the best thing in the cosmic era, but Dub-Azrael is trying his best.
Dub Djibril has only 1 good line, hammy, line. More proof Destiny is the worst.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Nah, he'd have started his own Rau Faction to fight another civil war in OZ/Romefeller and then done the same speech he did to Kira to Heero, except Heero would have shot back and it would have been beautiful.

Edit: Listen to his words (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOpN1r-C_CM, and don't watch the video, it's the most horrendous thing I've ever seen) and then imagine a three-way battle between him, Heero and crazy Zechs. :allears:
181 seconds of scenery chewing. :allears:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I like this thread, please don't get it closed again guys. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Nothing should be adapted before Glory of the Defeated Losers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That's a funny way to spell Frozen Teardrop.
Yup, especially cause I meant that. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

MORBIL SOOTS MADE IN OUTER SPEEZ

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I just want to say that I love everything about the title The man who could not ride the rainbow It makes complete sense in context but otherwise sounds weird as hell.

Midjack posted:

There is no canon but Guncannon and Kai Shiden is his prophet.
Not an emptyquote.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are you making fun of him, dammit?!
Those MORBIL ZOOTS are no laughing matter sir.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

While I won't say SEED is good, it is an entertaining enough watch due to the weird mix of bad storytelling, good moments, a great OST and overall being a fun ride; the real problem with that timeline is mostly in DESTINY and the way it sours stuff from seed (Vestige is a cool song the first 2-3 times it shows up in DESTINY).

That said its worth it all for Dub Rau, Dub rau is a gift to humanity.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 17, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Graham is barely in S2, there is this ~Mistah Bushido~ guy but no idea who that is, no sir. :v:
The 00 movie for all its faults at least makes Graham cool again.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

3 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7SloE7AjqI

I feel like posting this video is obligatory whenever Wing comes back up in the discussion. Someone else can post General Septum and his wonderful voice :toot:

Enjoy the MORBIL ZOOTS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtI0Aal3C6w

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I love the Exia, Dynames and Quant, Overflag and Tieren ground type. I think the Arios and a bunch of other designs are cool as well. I also think IBO has a ton of good designs.

tsob posted:

Marina? She's not a love interest, and is never treated as one in the show - she's a maternal figure for Setsuna given that he killed his own mother. Someone for him to discuss morality and peace with basically. One of the things I like about 00 is that while Setsuna does become a really powerful being by the end, and things work out well for most of the cast Setsuna never gets over his social and emotional issues. He freaks out when Nena Trinity kisses him in season one, and he's still emotionally incapable of returning someone's romantic feelings by the movie despite having changed a good bit in the interim.
For all its flaws I like how Setsuna goes from pretty much unable to grasp the concept of romantic love to being able to recognize it and handle responding to it; but still not being interested in it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

The tieren is the second best example of what a mobile suit designed by a foreign country would look like.
Cherno Alpha being the first?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I always welcome more effort posts, I should make one about why the Strike Freedom is a good design. Irregardless of the show it's in. :v:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

No Ash Like Snow (00 #2)? Boooo.
00's OP2 and OP3 are great.

The best ED in recent history is probably Age's first one imo.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

00s1 is cool and worth watching, s2 is ok (I liked it but it became a lot more run of the mill)
Seed is fine if somewhat bland, Destiny is where it really goes to poo poo.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Does it come with a stick of dynamite to blow the box up? This is important.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I unironically support a full anime adaptation of the :catdrugs: that is frozen teardrop.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Pretty good, seeing the 30 min timeframe I have little complaints.

Maoh's GX owns as usual.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

wrt Build burning/Star Burning:
They are obviously 2 very different models kits in the real world version, but they are similar enough that the Build Burning could be a reworked/rebuild model after Sei and Reji trashed each-other's suits in their fight.

IBO:
IBO is a flawed show, and a show that sometimes sets up expectations and executes them in a unconventional way; but it is a good packages overall.
I personally liked it a lot, but I don't mind flawed shows if I can see what they where going for, and I can easily see that with IBO. Top-notch MS designs as well.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

Naze is legit the only part of IBO that I think was pretty much total garbage from a writing standpoint. Yikes.
P much, I don't have any issues with poly relationships (I do wish people good luck on it not exploding into a ball of drama) but the writing makes him treat his wives as both daughters and lovers and when it overlaps it's just wrong. Naze just as their shady ally is fine, the ladies as individuals are pretty decent, but as a package there are issues.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 26, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The best way to raise the stakes in BF is by putting even more weight into something that is in the end not important.

Make them all duke it out for the title of prom king or something.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

If Rau gets redubbed the dub is worse. :colbert:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

tsob posted:

Conversely, I think the Exia is okay but I really love the base 00. The Raiser ruins the design, but the regular version is great. Especially the swivelling shoulder mounted GN drives, which a lot of people seem to find the worst part of the whole thing. I think they give the unit a fairly unique silhouette and make sense since they give it so much maneuverability. It's just a shame the show only did the GN drives facing forward forming a shield thing once (maybe twice, can't recall) and quickly forgot it leaving a massive OO symbol as thruster wash too. I thought those were neat and would love to have seen more of them, especially the second bit.
The 00 releasing burst of particles directly from the engines to basically strafe into different directions was a really cool detail they didn't show enough.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wonder if they'll do anything for the tenth anniversary of 00, like an OVA.
Well they are releasing a Perfect Grade Exia, but that's the gunpla side of things; not anime.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

Hiling Care.
Anew Returner.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kanos posted:

I'm okay with the designs but I hate how they're color coded.
I sort of liked that, because everybody had a different color; even the ones without a MS.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

The other best gundam sound effect is when you're in the cockpit and something goes dididididididi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgtV_byet7s

Also also that weird rear end sound on the White Base bridge that's like booo booo booo beeee bbeee beee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDsqJrTdPeU

Dont forget the "bhhhhhiing" of the 00 suits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsEO-eNT3cw&t=4s

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Seed also has Kira and Lacus actually bang while TM Revolution sings about it, right? My teenage brain didn't just make that up did it?
We get some "after the act" semi pillowtalk with Kira and Flay if you wanna stretch the definition of pillowtalk. P sure the most Kira and his ~pure~ waifu ever did was exchange promise rings and look at eachother.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

That song. :stare: I used to love this one AMV (don't laugh) using this song and Gundam 00 s1 footage, and I can't find it any more.

AMV's are dumb, but I still want to complete my nostalgia playlist of them.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Marie - allelujah seem stable.
Setsuna became gundam so he is happy. didn't he revitalize and marry Marina in the manga adaptation?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

X is a flawed show for sure, but I do think it ends up in the "good gundam show" category overall.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Gundam X is overly long, has a really really thin plot where not a lot interesting happens, has what is probably the overall worst voice cast in Gundam history (and I'm including 'has loving Soichiro Hoshi as the main lead' SEED here) and while it has some really awesome and dynamic visuals it overuses the strongest of them. It's by no means even in the worst 5 Gundam series but it's just not very strong aside from a few amazing songs and a couple of good scenes.
I will fully admit that Garrod Gundamjacking with a pipebomb, and Jamil's sideburns contribute a lot to my appreciation of it.

Jokes aside the first episode(s) are really cool.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Sekai should have been the overly enthusiastic teammate, and everything else happening (every girl crushing on him, him just wanting good fights etc) would be ok, but Fumina or even Yuuki (with better development, and let's be real he's a boy so he'd get the lead over fumina) should have been the actual lead; at least in the fights.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Don't be silly, nobody likes Age.
I would have bought an MG Age3 Orbtial, but that's about it yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

My favorite Gundam show is the one with mobile suits
But what about the Morbil Zoots from outer spaze?