Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Ka0 posted:

Judau knew what was up.

I wouldn't be surprised if 'gently caress this, I'm going to Jupiter!' was quite a common thing in the Universal Century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

What do these hard boner Zeon guys think of the Titans?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I can put up with a lot of weird and silly stuff from Victory, but the Einrad really is hilariously out of place and stupid even for Gundam. I think the funniest moment was when one more or less rapidly hula hooping around the V2 really really fast and this was treated as a seriously dangerous moment.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

There is no such thing.

For suck sake, how many times has Shakti gave herself up to Zanscare now? what, four times? I'm losing count. I don't think you are learning things Shakti.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Droyer posted:

Something worth noting about Shakti: She's 11

By eleven most children learn that touching the stove is hot so you shouldn't touch it. And it is pretty clear the plan to try and convince them with good will and living on hope hasn't worked the last three drat times.

Also, I am so so tired of this trope showing up in the grueling final five episode stretch. Let the stupid adults kill each other off already. Victory Gundam towards the end is so depressingly draining. Tomino clearly wasn't a happy man in in the early nineties.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 16, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

And on top of all that, being preassured to make this Gundam sell a shitload of toys and model kits.

Glad he mostly recovered.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm willing to work with anything but giant loving space tyres.

Gundam monobikes? sure.

A Battlespaceship with wheels? fine, okay. Our pilots all under the age of eighteen years old being super space psychic aces. Alright. A man pretending a pair of sunglasses and a silly name is the best disguise gently caress yeah. THE EAST IS BURNING RED being a pretty bad rear end phrase yeah sure.

But the giant dumb tyres themselves being a threat outside the Gundam itself no sorry.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 16, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

They're so goddamn effective, though.

Clearly the Big Zam should have been a giant tyre on legs.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Bikini commando squad. Bikini commando squad?!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

That might have been the most needlessly hateful thing I have ever seen on Gundam. Like, Uso didn't really need to kill the last one but he did it?

Whatever. Two more episodes to go.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Oh wow, the loss of the Reinforce is actually kind of moving.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Also, a fantastic song.

Logicblade posted:

To be in a position of authority for Zanscare you have to be insane, so it works... in the horrifying catastrophe sort of way

You don't need a Char to undermine the bad guys in this, most of them are happy to undermine themselves.

Last episode. Lets FINISH THIS!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Well, I guess I can't make anymore dumb Odelay jokes now :smith:.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Welp, I finished Victory Gundam. Which is an interesting name for it, as at the end of some of the more darker episodes as well as the series you don't have the feelings associated with Victory.

Just the feelings you get from surviving something draining, depressing and slightly sad. Actually, kind of a good name for it due to the events. It isn't a bad Gundam when things go right for it, just a shame there is so much needless death. So many characters too, I'd love to get to know them but they get killed off before proper growth happens. Still, the ending isn't a bad one. For all the poo poo Uso puts up with he finally gets to hopefully live out his life peacefully and never fly a Gundam ever again.

I'm going to lie down now. Tommorow, I might try F91. Looking forward to getting around to Turn A.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

The last ride of the Reinforce Jr is probably the best scene in all of Victory Gundam. It's also a complete reversal of the usual Tomino battle of the generations, with the older folk sacrificing themselves for the younger people.

Seriously, It was fantastic and I had a feeling before the bitterness this was going to be the theme for Victory. But then the depression took hold on Tomino and we got a lot of needless death and blood instead.

But yeah, dwelled on it the morning after and I really really find it odd how they just turned away the amnesiac blinded traumitised woman because her previous self did some nasty things because she fell in half love/was brain washed by a half assed Char clone instead of forgiving her and accepting her into society. It was really just a oddly distant cold moment that spoiled the ending for me. It is really weird considering the children after all this are three times the mature adults a majority of the UC cast in Victory are.

Also, still weirded out with what happened with the Halo. Like did they get sent to the same place Amuro and Char are just hanging out? teleported back to Zanscare and made childlike idiots?

I'm sad enough with the loss of so many characters I could have liked if we had writing time dedicated to them instead of space crazy bell lady who doesn't know how babby is formed and her bland as hell Admiral boyfriend.

ImpAtom posted:

Make Chronicle jokes instead.

*I pull my dumb ski mask down to stare blandly at you, then pull it back up*

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Started F91, yeah it is weird I watched this after Victory I must have mixed them up or something. Next to Unicorn, this attack on this poor colony is just as gut wrenchingly brutal. Animation is lovely, Seabook is a silly name and I find it hilarious the head of the Crossbone faction's ideals consist simply of 18th century Agarian land owners Nobleman views.

EDIT: Crossbone soldier formal uniforms win the best looking old timey uniform award, sorry Treize your reign just ended.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 16, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Theo Fairchild looks like space Lenin. Just putting that out there.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Man, Gundam villains sure do love their genocide.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Man, the people behind the music for F91 really dig the soundtrack for Star Wars.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love how he wasn't even allowed a space Gundam death. Nope, your going to die flying out your Gundam instead and leave a messy red streak behind you.

Finished F91, It was okay but could have been better had it not been butchered from what was promised. I guess if I care about closure and setting I have to force myself to read the Manga?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Srice posted:

F91 is neat but it suffers from having to cram a chunk of a planned tv series into a movie leading to some weird scene transitions that really stick out.

You aren't kidding.

'Hey dad, lets roll!
*EXPLOSION*
'Seabook, you and your sister crazy times. Welp, I'm dead....'

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

They really did, did Star Wars fandom ramp up the pace in the late eighties/early nineties in Japan?

But yeah, how light hearted and silly is G-Gundam? I need a break from the pathos, drama and suffering.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

As long as there is no images of mothers having their skulls split open by giant shell cases with their children in their arms, I'm a happy Gundam fan.

The Universal Century is depressingly exhausting sometimes.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm glad your still dead Katz.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

While I'm glad that it's going to happen I wish I hadn't read this. It's kind of on me, though.

Sorry, my bad thought it was that episode too.

Oh I didn't say how now.....he ate the last of the burgers, Bright airlocked him without a suit.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jan 18, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Bright Noa is truly the last sane man in the Earth Federation.

After that, he clutched the only remaining half eaten burger aboard the Argama on his bed and nervously went to sleep.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

DamnGlitch posted:

Bright and mirai's awful marriage and terrible children are the most realistic depiction of human life in gundam.

"I could go home to my wife and children....or command this sweet space battleship with burger vending machines for this spacenoid political freedom fighting group....."

Who am I kidding, there wasn't even a moment he thought he could choose anything but the steamed hams.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

To be fair to Katz, The AUEG has the weirdest security issues.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I like ZZ a lot, but you can't pull the "At least it doesn't have a Katz" card when BEECHA is in it.

Beecha, man. BEECHA.

At least he was being trained to be a captain, Mondo is the more useless of the pair.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Down for that, especially if the weird guy is Jerid's equally ineffective cousin.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

muike posted:

Every time I hear about Gundam Wing a little part of me breaks off and sinks to the bottom of the ocean

And then a little Duo Maxwell in a Death Scythe blows up all of the boats on the surface of said ocean.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Just sit back with some close goony friends, crack open some booze and enjoy the insanity of the dub. Think of it as Gundam satire perhaps.

Watching Wing drunk for the first time since I was 13 really was a much better experience.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

And Relena is a pretty kick rear end if hilariously impulsive character.

And like somebody else mentioned, Treize!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Ah, but what about curvy spikes?

Gundams need pom poms, epaulettes and really really tight pants.

Napoleonic Tallgeese for all.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 20, 2016

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I was expecting MC Hammer.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Xinder posted:

I just finished episode 8 of ZZ. Am I supposed to like Judau? Because I don't. I find it difficult to like any of these characters.

I'm wondering if ZZ is going to turn around at some point or if I'm going to find the whole show this unenjoyable.

How much did you like Wong from Zeta Gundam?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Stick with ZZ a little longer.

Judau was a bit of a wanker at the start and has moments where he does some pretty insane things like choking women in act of I GOT TO FIND MY SISTER rage. He grew on me in the end.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

ZZ really starts getting good when they retire the monkey shines and hit earth.

Wait until you start hating on that creepy Glemy Toto. That is the real fun of hating on a character of ZZ.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i like Anime Ja Nai beyond the novelty of the lyrics, and would disagree that it's not catchy. hell, it just started playing in my head

Same. drat thing is a major earworm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

chiasaur11 posted:

Except if Kai should be a snarky rear end in a top hat at someone. That's always the right thing to do.

Hey it worked for him through his whole life it seems.

Also, I forgot for some weird reason Reccoa was wearing short rear end shorts while stalking around in the jungles of South America. No wonder she and Kai got on so well, fashion choices!