Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hi Droyer I'm going to post to say that I don't think turn a gundam is a good first gundam and people should watch the movies of original gundam instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Turn a is better, imo, once you have a bit of gundam under your belt

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Droyer posted:

I already said this though?

quote:

If you’re a complete newbie to Gundam consider starting with 1) War in The Pocket, which while being set in the UC requires no outside information, is quite short and is generally considered very good. 2) ∀ Gundam, which is generally considered the best full length Gundam show. Or 3) Iron-Blooded Orphans, which has recently started, had a promising start, and you can watch with other goons. It has its own thread (link below). If you want to get into UC It's generally recommended to start with the Mobile Suit Gundam compilation movies.
I'm saying that the movies should be a rec for newbies and not just people who want to get into UC

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am namtab and I have opinions regarding robots

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I want the OP to include official Droyer reviews for every gundam

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Droyer posted:

People asked for a neutral op, so that's what i gave them.

Do it in the second post or right now after this post. I need to know how many Droyers out of 10 gundam evolve gets seeing as I've never heard of it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Now do that but for every gundam

E: also thanks

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What's everyone's fave gundam (show) and gundam (big robot)

I'm gonna say 00 season 1 and Wing gundam.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I liked the vaguely real world trappings of 00, and the fact that the heroes were being knowingly hypocritical. Exia was also p.rad. season 2 fell apart for me though.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As for wing gundam it has big lasers and was my favourite to play in dynasty warriors gundam 1

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Amuro was jewish?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to ask now that people give reasons for their choices like I did so that we don't get pyf tier posting tia.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Droyer posted:

Turn a and V2.

I don't recall mermaid gundam having a v2

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

muike posted:

I will edit it into my post at your request, however I am very unhappy that I have to explain why the original is the best

We all know that new coke was better

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Oh I also like wing (gundam) because wing (show) was the only gundam on toonami when I was a kid

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I dream of a thread where the op can be both serious and funny

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Droyer posted:

Please never do this again tia

I uh.... I disagree with you

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Droyer posted:

I'm not saying you can't post hot babes, if it's appropriate to the conversation. But don't put 2 dozen images in the same post, and don't make two dozen posts that are nothing but that in a row either.

Namtab posted:

I uh.... I disagree with you

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Is that really controversial or would a better term be divisive

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I hope you cleared that with the mod

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Are we going with casual spoiler rules or extreme tviv danger rules?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gyra_Solune posted:

who does the face in the middle of the tag belong to

Me

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The population of a few villages or a small town

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

A question wrt Origin Part 2: how is the english dub? Is Kirk Thornton still mumbling as he tries to sound like a hardass?

Who does he play?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If he's ranma then yeah he's mumbly but I could make out what he was saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Srice posted:

If you want to be infected with fail-AIDS, watch 0083.

I don't need to watch 0083 to have fail-AIDS!