Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wait, did sayla get some extra kills in the tv series, or did hayato/Kai had a massive kill drought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Once Sayla gets the G-Fighter she's generally getting multiple kills any fight she contributes in, including pulling off some stunt flying poo poo in one or two episodes. Kai is probably the most effective MS pilot behind Amuro.

I just remember Kai getting a big headstart on the killcount starting with the Winds of War battle, then the Garma Ambush, the desert battles, etc. He still got a lot of kills at Jaburo and space as well, but I haven't really watched the TV version in a long time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

Also iirc tomino was working on cca at the same time so he would have been more hands off on zz most likely.

CCA wasn't approved until about halfway through ZZ.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Amuro and Char have the problem of fighting each other, thus severely reducing their kill counts in the long run.

In quality, Amuro probably killed enough aces and mobile armors that would've made the war last a lot longer, because who else is going through all that Elmeth bullshit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I remember there was a manga about Ridden where he "forgot" his memories, and everyone's like "You're the legendary Johnny Ridden!" "Nope, sorry. Wrong guy."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The first time I watched 0083, I bought the 1st VHS which had the first 2 episodes, and then the DVD that had the last 3 episodes.

You can imagine how that went.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Federation Vs. Zeon had a lot of missions where you fought Zeon's version of the Gundam and that thing was a bastard, because it one-shot everything and you had to basically stunlock it enough to kill it before it kills 25 allies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Realistically, the OYW should have a ton more defections and insubordinations.

White Base stopped like 3 during their short run.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Keep in mind the Leos have the specs to be protaganist suits in most other Gundam shows, so the Talgeese is like absurdly powerful by normal standards. Gundam's main difference is their armor plating, which doesn't matter as much if it's a one-sided fight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's easier to look better than Char when you're not facing arguably the best pilot in UC in Amuro. Unicorn was cool, but let's be real, everyone there except maybe Marida were scrubs compared to Amuro.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you just want pretty robots hitting each other, watch 0083

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't think Monster wasted their episode count

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Uh, does Thunderbolt take place in space Harlem or something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Graze is a good mobile suit because it doesn't blow up in 2-3 hits unlike every other grunt unit in the past decade

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMqu-iHKaT0

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Missing Link posted:

This is mostly true, but you're forgetting the Big Zam. Only the manliest of men pilots one of those bad boys.

Also 0083.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The best in-joke was Destiny literally flipping the Freedom's beam spin upside down, and then that became a separate attack in SRW.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The battle is bigger than I thought if 24 units can instantly be killed and it's not an automatic loss.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kamille's mother dies by like episode 4 and his dad not too far off from that. Usso had a lot more poo poo happen to him technically, but Kamille had a lot more super personal losses.

He did throw Jerid off a mountain though, at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Red Comet, Sha.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TTBF posted:

My first exposure to Gundam was from a translation of the first book, so I was very surprised the show wasn't about Amuro fighting Sha of Jion.

A guy that's been translating SRW stories for years will fight people every time they tell him to correct "Jion" into "Zeon"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The episodes following the introduction of Naze were some of the best, but you expressed IBO isn't your type of show months ago.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Imp, I wasn't saying that to you

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sayla killed a Black Tri-Star I guess.

I laugh everytime Char has that scene when he's informed the Gundam is part of a combination, because the most feared villain in UC is afraid of the loving G-Bull.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's no way the GP-02 is improved with a GM head, come on.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm pretty sure Heero has a higher kill count with a Leo than the Wing Gundam, who he wastes a Buster Shot on like 3 grunts before leaving it in the middle of the battlefield like it was garbage.

For a super hardcore soldier, he was the least logical in military tactics apparently.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

DamnGlitch posted:

TBF the buster rifle for the Wing gundam has a limited number of shots. They don't pay too much attention to it usually but it's a legit enough reason to explain that one away.

I know it only has 3 shots and that's why he wastes it on a small number of grunts instead of using the fact that Gundams are literally invincible in the universe and just use his beam saber.

Instead, he gives up a machine that 99% will come back and get used against him but doesn't because HONOR by Treize's troops or something.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gundam Build Fighters Season 3 Main character

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

To be fair, Lacus's money and political power basically won two wars. Don't piss her off.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Thunderbolt OVA production is going way too well and fast. I don't trust it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Winning gundam was great, it just was used horribly 90% of the time. Fumina using the legs as cannons when interrupted in transformation was one of the few highlights.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

How long is the TV run supposed to be?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

G reco and unicorn are the only gundam series I started to watch seriously and never saw the ending , or was tempted to.

Closest after that was probably 08th ms team because the romance subplot became the main focus into high ger.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mwu is absolutely a newtype, the gently caress

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The worst aspect of SEED to me was the first half of the show was Kira against 3 professionally trained soldiers in Gundams and it was an even fight.

The White Base with 3 high-tech suits and newtype powers could barely keep afloat.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Heero probably spends more time piloting non-Gundams than actual Gundams. Dude's constantly in a Leo, even in the movie.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Katz deserved to die

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Srice posted:

Vifam is v good but I shudder to think what the reaction to it would be from folks that wish death on anime kids

The only kid-aged character I wanted to die is Katz. That has nothing to do with his age, he's just written in a way that irks me, a person that constantly explains why Shinji is emotionally dead in the start of EoE.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have to assume IBO will be on Adult Swim, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Toonami promo for IBO: https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/videos/1603190709971770/

They are showing the murder scene already just so everyone knows going in.