Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Darth Walrus posted:

One thing I will say about Gundam X's ending is that Ennil and Toniya just deciding to elope together was hilarious.

You read some bad subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Not having will smith in the movie is like not having amuro in chars counterattack

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Wait what?

Well, that is weird.

Apparently it was because will smith was too busy filming for suicide squad and id couldn't delay anymore cause they really need that july release.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

BF-Try had a lot of poo poo against it, but it at least tried to go "girls play Gunpla Battles too :v:" without resorting to a string of pink/girly suits.

Did you forget what Fumina was wearing for half the series?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Setsuna stayed with Gundam for like 60 years.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The original goal of Operation Meteor was to drop colonies on the earth, then send the Gundams to clean-up and ultimately the Barton Foundation will rule the world. It was to be under the false pretense of revenge for the original Heero Yui.

The plan was changed basically because the scientists sabotaged it with their personal pilots.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iirc the scientists were just told to make gundams and then later found out the colony dropping part.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hey the orange islands was actually one of the better early arcs of pokemon

I do not have the same hopes for try

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kou's entire existence is to convince execs to make the longest vegeta-hates-kakarot gag in Gundam form.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kurui Reiten posted:

Tell more about this? Not sarcastic, actually like hearing about the fundamental differences of this sort of stuff in entertaining effort posts.

If you compare it to a game, QA people don't really play games based on the content. They test the boundaries of the engine itself, and correct what could be breaking it.

A test pilot is more focused on making sure the thing works, while a fighter pilot is about survival and strategy on the battlefield.

The best test pilot is possibly not a good soldier, and a soldier wouldn't necessarily know what to do when their weapons jam or backpack engine overheats.

They're looking for two completely different things as far as objectives go.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's still no beam weapons as of the end of season 1. And the only new weapon so far is just a dragonslayer for Barbatos, so still no sign of lasers yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The final boss did something, he just wasn't the actual combat boss.

Considering how much a grunt suit costs, Tekkadan having and maintaining like 20 mobile suits means they made some absurd bank off that mission. This is considering they were about to sell a Gundam just because they were so broke at one point.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only gundam that "ends war forever" is Gundam Wing and they did the most absurd things to make war come back.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Someone post the gnx grunts action scene where it's just the background going crazy

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There were olympic promos with doreman, hello kitty, and pokemon so gundam is a high possibility if they want to show their iconic media stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bandai for what ever reason is deathly afraid of putting any gundam on steam, to the point of creating a knock off gundam vs game based off nordic gods.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

White base going straight fron atmosphere entry to winds of war to killing garma in like an hour really makes you feel their desperation.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Anytime people suggest watching wing, it is with express recommendation that it's in english. The japanese dub is dreadfully boring.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's when kira and the cast appear

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The mudrock gundam is still the coolest and most advanced poo poo that died to my zaku axe because lol agar

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also it can't go into space, which was why the Zaku II was so valuable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Bimmi posted:

Absolutely nothing funny in 0083 is intentionally so. And Kou does everything he does because he's a god damned imbecile. We've been through this!

The entire reason why kou hates carrots is because he's voiced by vegeta

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Peace newbie cadets are scared as poo poo to anyone in rank. That was probably the worst anxiety for me, walking along and having to salute and figure out what a guy's rank is from his stripes at that very moment.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Build Fighters season 1.

edit: Gundam Wing, both the TV series and the movie. As much as SEED was mediocre, it wrapped up strongly if you ignore Destiny.

Tae fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 13, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Emma died to a random rock after beating reccoa

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Lalah and Char in the Zeong uninterrupted would've wiped out the remaining federation forces by themselves after the solar ray. I never liked anyone minimizing the efforts of White Base because they made it possible for lovely earth pilots to win.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Chad Chadan

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The Guntank would be useful in IBO and not in a war that has beam and heat weapons, making its advantage of heavy armor totally useless.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Anew died and that kinda sucked

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The episodes before Trinity appears in 00 S1 comes up a blank for me. Nothing really major happens until the big 3 join together to fight CBeing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

IBO is a sign that japan should stop trying to make Gundam in the US a thing and stick to UC

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, she got stsbbed directly by the barrel of the dendorium. She couldn't have been that great of a pilot

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gurren lagann basically had 3 bad episodes at the first half in a row, it can be salvaged

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gundam Wing starts off with a bang.

G Gundam also shows a good basis of how the first half goes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I love gundam 00 op 3

And whatever build fighter op with lil fang.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

Ash Like Snow is really, really good too. The only 00 opening that's not very good is the second Season 2 one.

I'll fight you

the second season op2 is the worst

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

"Oh no! I'm burning up in the atmosphere! Gotta use the reentry system!"

*Turns up the AC really high*

Mika surfing on an enemy grunt is still probably the funniest variation of that.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'll be the outlier. Gundam GP-01 FB is one of my favorites.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't like the zaku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you like the type of Gundam shows where the main gundam can't single-handily stop the war/aliens, it's one of those.