Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

chrome line posted:

Ple vs Lockon is a very funny matchup

yeah ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I'm re-watching Turn A and god drat I love this series all over again, I love its designs, the art; the characters. I need to get the turn A and X model kits.

yeah

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I was surprised at how rudderless a decent chunk of Zeta felt, after a pretty good first arc. Also good god the Rosamia arc was a rough watch

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

Rosamia is probably the low point of Zeta. The show ends really strongly though.

Oh yeah its ending's an all timer.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I remember A New Translation coming out and then some morons online thinking this meant ZZ wasn't canon anymore.

Then obviously Unicorn happened.

What an odd time that was.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/PikefishPosts/status/1767600921230582042?s=20

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

my god

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gripweed posted:

The entire SEED franchise has a much higher average quality than the entire Dune series.

let's be fair

you could say that about almost any media property, brian set the bar so low we had to dig a trench

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Now, for today’s matchups!
In what’s sure to be one of the most contentious matches of this tournament, we have Suletta Mercury up against Amuro Ray! Will Amuro get slapped again, or will Suletta be taken Beyond the Time?
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1768985648323543318

https://twitter.com/ZakuFan0079/status/1768993268535071158?s=20

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

G-Witch discourse in general:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQonKS7dv4

G-Witch discourse in the gundam fandom, because of an unofficial popularity contest:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'd be shocked if Bright and Sayla weren't neck and neck

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that can't be possible, bright knows what kissing is

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

most of unicorns characters are good

shame about banagher

and Marida's the best of the bunch so this matchup isn't even a contest

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I voted Loran, no regrets

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

For similar reasons to those stated, I am also uneasy about the Netflix Zeon anime made by the Unsatirical 40K Fan Film guys.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Onmi posted:

That's a whole lot of words for "We introduced dumb bullshit in this story to justify dumb bullshit in this story that affects the entire timeline."

yeah

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It really is dumb bullshit though. Though instead of being funny dumb bullshit, like the entire existence of the colony of Moon Moon, it's just the sort of plot point that when you see it play out, you don't think, wow, the people who wrote this document are stupid. You think, wow, the writer of this work is stupid.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

but imagine the historical revisionism and fascist apologia internet arguments if that were the case

lol

thanks I needed that

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

It's so transparently just fan service that I respect it.

same

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

i may have had this and the bravern thread open at the same time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's fine, that post was worded a little ambiguously.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

One final effort is all that is needed. Will the forgetful tanuki defeat the depressed 30something office lady?

https://twitter.com/DarthVeda00/status/1774059000813809971?t=rYsqUq6RjSAPp4axClk8rw&s=19

I can't say I'm surprised at the current running tally, considering suletta v miorine had twice as many total voters as haman vs ple

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah regardless of how you feel about it, SEED still brings in money

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuebot posted:

SEED is the Mr. Beast of gundam?

I'm not gonna say you're wrong

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/GreatCheshire/status/1774555147340763590

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Seemlar posted:

Gundam Seed Freedom if it used the same 20 years of technical improvements Hathaway did:

we need to go deeper

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuebot posted:

:shepface: elaborate more, I am deeply curious

Despite the tragedies, the world state is in a genuinely better and more optimistic place than when the series began. And the people who survived mostly have closure.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I think it works as an incredibly cynical look at how positive social change is accomplished. The revolutionaries who shocked the world into action are maladjusted outsiders who end up dead in a heap and remembered as terrorists and murderers, and their enemies take all the credit for the reforms they fought tooth and nail against. Big Civil Rights Act vibes.

Yeah, it gets more depressing when you realize how realistic the situation is when divorced from genre trappings.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

Iok dying is another victory for Rustal, but this time it's a victory for the audience too.

That Works posted:

Im glad Iok is dead

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

After 0079 most of the sequel shows in the UC feel more like their given conflicts follow the central cast, rather than the cast brushing up against a wider canvas like the original. The AEUG rarely feels like a larger movement and more like the entire war effort is centered around the Argama and whatever allies they currently have nearby.

Not gonna lie this was one of the reasons why large chunks of Zeta felt aimless compared to the OG. There's just not a lot of feeling of the context around the Gryps Conflict outside of what Kamille can immediately see.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Zeonic has been translating the G Gundam story bible and

Govern of
Universe
Nation
Decide
Advanced
Mobile Suit

lmao bless

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Good soup! posted:

I really wish I liked G Gundam more than I did but yeah the fights leave a lot to be desired

as much as I kid about not liking it, I didn't have any interest in witch from mercury because I wasn't interested in the setting*, the character designs looked really dumb, and the protagonist looks like she has brain damage. Also, any time I saw a clip or something pop up on YT the descriptions were always like "(CHARACTER) SLAP A BULLY ON THA BUTT 😱😱😱🤣🤣🤣😱😱😝😝😝"

The LGBT representation is nice and I'm glad people are enjoying it because Gundam is cool but, man, it just seemed like it's the kind of anime that is not made for me

*not that every Gundam needs to be some serious rear end war drama but it just didn't appeal to me

Hey now

She later upgrades to slapping a gunman with a Gundam

There was a lot of blood flying (microgravity envrionments are a real pain to keep clean)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mr E posted:

I've been building gunpla for a bit and have watched WfM but otherwise haven't watched Gundam at all. Decided to start watching the original series last night, made it thru 5 episodes. The music is so 70s and also rules, and I'm enjoying the characters and plot so far. I think I'm hooked on the series already so I'll probably end up watching at least all the series at this point if not the movies/manga at some point too.

heck yeah

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/umedachanka/status/1784319877013983594?t=b4wYwT-DB9DTDgSNFnu_zg&s=19

Lol even cities on the way to Brussels had the movie, just not Brussels itself.

lmao

Bandai does it again

Glad the GunEvo private server effort is doing okay

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fon Spaak died on the way back to his home planet

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It definitely gave the first episode a fun vibe

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm now convinced SEED Freedom is good

(I'm not actually interested in watching it though)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Finally finished Turn A and man, Sochie really gets a raw deal.

absolutely