Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

gently caress yeah new thread. Let's celebrate by all talking about how great G Gundam is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Erg posted:

I watched like 4 scattered episodes of G Gundam as a child and forgot about it until recently, and that's all my Gundam experience. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a robot show though.

Actually I also remember a chibi gundam show with a weird CG artstyle? No clue if that was a sugar induced fever dream from when I was a kid or what though.

There's also the Three Kingdoms SD Gundam series, which is somehow even more insane because now you have stuff like Cao Cao being a Gundam X and the Sun family being based on the GP line. And Lu Bu is a Tallgeese.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Well yeah, every mecha thread should at some point recommend Giant Robo.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Should I watch the new Gundam anime?

Also I've only ever seen Wing as a kid and the movie for that growing up. What gundam should I watch (I know I should watch the original, but confused what order like aren't the movies supposed to be better than the normal anime?)

The new Gundam series is pretty interesting so far, and it continues Gundam's current streak of having loving fantastic fight scenes that was started by Build Fighters and Unicorn.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Gundam-00 Meisters don't really count, as those were all codenames to protect their identities. Lockon's real name is a much more mundane Neil Dylandy.

That's a little more case by case, since Allelujah Haptism was just some weird kid that got that name from another weird kid. That being said, mentioning great 00 names and missing Daryl Dodge is a crime.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 22, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'd be ok either way to see wacky arm flailing combat.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

All future Gundam series will have their own genre of music. I can't wait for Tomino's next series with a Yoko Kanno soundtrack that's entirely reggae.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

OP and ED were pretty as hell for Unicorn v2. It was pretty funny how they spoiled a good chunk of the deaths in it though. Oh well, at least they confirmed that my best friend Jesta Cannon will be in this one.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Droyer posted:

Why wouldn't it be? it was in the OVA.

I don't remember it actually doing anything apart from landing on a dude on Earth who was eating Doritos or some poo poo.

EDIT: oh wait, it blew up the Garencieres didn't it.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

muike posted:

is there any reason for me to watch re0096 if im literally watching the ova right now

Eventually maybe? Right now it's literally the same thing as episode 1, but with the whole "Unicorn activation" bit at the beginning for some reason.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

26 episodes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm probably going to watch it all since I haven't seen Unicorn in at least a year and I enjoyed the music and animation at least.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Well I hope you recognized Campbell Lane in Gundam Wing.

The new dubs for Gundam have been really good, but part of me misses the Ocean/Blue Water dubs. Having Scott McNeil scream in your show is never a bad thing.

By far my favorite thing about the dub in 00 was Scott McNeil as Ali Al Saachez, he was clearly having the time of his life playing a massive piece of poo poo.
EDIT: Went to NT with my buddy, we both liked it. He overall decided he really likes UC Gundam until I told him that they dropped a colony on Dublin.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 21, 2019

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Is there any indication on whether the live action movie's going to be 0079, an original story, or is it way too early to speculate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

It's gotta be 0079, Bandai has tried to shill it over here for years and only really got successful with unicorn for UC works.

That'd be nice if they did, assuming they can find a vaguely charismatic guy to play Char.