Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I think Carta Issue was probably the best handled of the lot in that she was a loving horrible person responsible for Biscuit's death and her death is still painted as this horrifying brutal thing where she gets bashed to death and dies crying and miserable and there's no real sense of catharsis to it because even if she was objectively awful, it underlined just how terrible a death she faced.

going a bit in this direction is more what i was thinking tbh, undercutting the catharsis of iok dying by giving you a bit too much of it and prompting the question of, even if they deserve it, should you really feel this good about watching this happen to someone

i don't think that pulling that catharsis away entirely by having iok walk out fine and dandy would've made for a better ending though, the catharsis is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

my gut feeling is unicorn 2 over hathaway 2

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

They should but they won't

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

0083 is hilarious and i love how the eyecatch is a jumpscare

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

...does bandai ever farm out their IPs instead of just making the game themselves? Does paradox ever develop games that they let someone else publish?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Wing's dub is perfect

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

chrome line posted:

Having just watched G Gundam my take is it's a show I would really enjoy if the fights were good

This is kind of the unfortunate reality of g gundam

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i want both to die, as i enjoy story beats that elicit emotion

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Mr E posted:

I've been building gunpla for a bit and have watched WfM but otherwise haven't watched Gundam at all. Decided to start watching the original series last night, made it thru 5 episodes. The music is so 70s and also rules, and I'm enjoying the characters and plot so far. I think I'm hooked on the series already so I'll probably end up watching at least all the series at this point if not the movies/manga at some point too.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Patrick colasour is both a top tier gundam name and a top tier gundam character

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think you can do gundam with aliens if you have a good writing team that isn't horribly handicapped by some other element of production, and i'm not sure there is any factor remotely as important than that

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Silver Bullet Suppressor is so funny

lol

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly prospera's mask/helmet is kinda dumb looking

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The best part of 00 period is this gif.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The children yern for the melodrama.

holy crap sales went up after 2022

nearly a 50% increase that's insane

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

now tell me how much of that got sunk into metaverse

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

How much of that gundams revenue is going to be reinvested into cool shows and movies and how much is going into propping up stupid bullshit like metaverse

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

the GUNDAM METAVERSE already bombed

it will instead be redistributed to japan only arcade games and premium bandai kits

Wait is bandai actually giving up on that instead of continuing to barrel full steam ahead

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

They're probably gonna make a MOBA as a second attempt to prop up the esports pillar of the Metaverse initiative, but otherwise, it seems like it's been a dud, and especially after it accidentally leaked a bunch of kits, it doesn't seem worth throwing good money after bad. Especially since the whole fad seems to be on the downswing.

I'm going to be very disappointed if they release a gundam moba and dont call it moba suit gundam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

An arc system works gundam fighting game would be Neat