Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm surprised they haven't gotten the idea to spin off a 30MM version of this yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That Works posted:

Chuchu knocking a motherfucker out was peak catharsis of the franchise’s misogyny of the past

Not just delivering an absolutely brutal OHK, but actually letting Chuchu and the other girl slug it out instead of arbitrarily breaking up the fight before it could get going in earnest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Exia posted:

There’s absolutely no guarantee that increasing the episodes would have drastically changed things. It’s the same writer as Geass, which did have 50 episodes, and was still a mess. I don’t think WfM was ever gonna be the show some wanted, no matter how many episodes it had

Geass' problems were more because of the year gap between the two 26-episode seasons and Producers Notes about bringing new viewers up to speed. iirc.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kanos posted:

Prospera's plan was 100% always "make a place for Eri to be happy", with revenge being something that's great if she can achieve it without compromising himself but she's willing to put it on the table and forget about it if she needs to in order to achieve the primary goal. Besides her willingly working closely with Delling, the example here is how she has numerous opportunities to kill Kenanji - the guy who personally murdered her husband and several of her colleagues in front of her - which she passes up completely because revenge isn't actually her main driving force and never was. Quiet Zero was always the plan, we just don't find out about the specifics of how it works until the latter part of the show.

As for other dangling plotlines, uhh..I guess you could give another episode to Lauda? Another couple episodes building up the SAL? I'm a bit at a loss, because I already felt some aspects of S2 were dragging even in the runtime they had. The Plot Isolation Closet sticking around for multiple episodes wasn't great and the deliberately forced separation between Suletta and Miorine already lasted long enough.

I'm honestly surprised, and a little disappointed, she didn't take the time to quietly take Kenanji out while false-flagging the port riot. Even just to take a potential threat off the board.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nuebot posted:

Isn't that part of the whole point? Like, the group has this whole mythology behind them that McGillis bought into, thinking if he had this sick rear end gundam and destroyed a mobile armour he'd be heralded as a hero or some poo poo but the group isn't that same group anymore, all of that poo poo is just dressing for a bunch of people who play political games now. Rustal being ranked third doesn't matter because he's very clearly the one with all the power.

Different parts of the mythos. MA kills are still the core of the heirarchy, McGillis got it into his head the Bael Gundam was Excalibur and having that made him Super King above all that.

That was the part the Seven Stars said "Uhhh, what?" to rather than stand and clap at their new self-declared king.

And it's great from an audience perspective, as you realize McGillis is short a few screws and Tekkadan really backed the wrong horse. And it's driving their cart towards a cliff...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I like the comment that the takeaway is not to play piano in the Cosmic Era if you want to live a long life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Can I play the Piano anymore?

Of course you can!

Well, I couldn't bef-:gibs: