Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
If we say any thing that has the word Gundam in it, then War in the Pocket is probably my favorite, if we specify it needs to be a not-ova I'll say the first season of 00, if it has to be a show as a whole then the original Mobile Suit Gundam. Favorite robot is either the Zeta or Exia. Though the Barbatos is rapidly seeking to supplant those two.

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
...okay i clearly need to get back on the wagon so I can go and watch Victory

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Srice posted:

When you fall off the train of one of those 50ish episode behemoths it's real hard to get back on it

oh man can i relate

i thought i was on like episode 40-something of ZZ but it turns out I was ten off, goddamn

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Nah not every Gundam OP ever, just probably the ones they're still selling or something. But yeah King Records has been on a copyrighting roll...like literally what do you have to gain from like, axing all the cool Steam Detectives songs, who even remembers that show exists???

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Eh, the first time I heard of Gundam was pretty decisively back from Toonami - but I don't think I ever saw more than five seconds of an episode of Wing. I feel like I could've easily recognized a Gundam face but I'm not sure how considering I basically didn't know anything about any of it until I poked at SRW J like three or four years ago.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
who does the face in the middle of the tag belong to

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
meanwhile raraiya is looking like she's about to go and marry noredo

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Katejina being the char makes a hell of a lot more sense tbh

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
chuchumy

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
gundam forgets that usually its bits outside the robots are really cool and good. i was legit interested in politicians scheming at each other in gundam 00 and I was very sad when they opened up the second half with 'okay no more of that now the antagonists are exactly the same thing as the titans', even if it was there for a decentish reason

they do so many robot fights to sell toys, in truth, but to be honest it's probably in their best interest to make a handful of really striking and iconic designs rather than dozens upon dozens of somewhat forgettable ones, and just make more varieties of figures for those. it means they stick out better in the audiences memory, are more greatly appreciated down the road and thus can be remade a lot, and you have to animate less fancy shiny robots swerving around

IBO, so far, is doing this right

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

tsob posted:

I've never read it, but I do like the the fact that it has a giant backpack that's actually just living quarters for the pilot. I'd love to see an adventure series with a similar mecha, even down to to photographer angle, about a guy or gal travelling around and living in their giant robot.

the Ideon already looks like it transforms into an RV so that's sort of close

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Droyer posted:

It does sorta doesn't it? It's made out of three vehicles that form one big robot

conveniently two of those vehicles are pretty much actually RVs

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
tbh that's not too hard to believe, Kamille doesn't start off opposed to the Titans or anything he just ends up hijacking military equipment to bully a soldier who called him names and this was very convenient to the aeug at the time so they brought him on board.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
yeah I generally enjoyed 0079. it was rough around the edges for sure, but beneath all the 70s awkwardness and troubled production is something really good. I agree some sequences were well choreographed, in particular the fight against the Gyan really stuck out to me for reasons I can't explain.

And I really like the mechanical design, especially how kitschy the Zeon mobile armors were. The Zakrello and Big Zam are funky superweapons straight from the front cover of some pulpy sci-fi novel and it's great.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Gaia Gear also has the best music for a gundam entry that doesn't even have an anime

Voice of Gaia is one of my favorite things

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
today i learned: apparently in the dub of war in the pocket, bernie was voiced by david hayter

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Arcsquad12 posted:

Rapeface RX-78?

i'm afraid i'm going to need this one explained

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

i'm dying

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
thunderbolt is pretty great so far, I really hope this isn't another Unicorn deal and it's only finished after like the decade is out

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
oh god daryl D:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
so how is Gundam Unicorn For TV compared to the...not-that version. apparently some stuff is re-done??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
what exactly was the point of twilight axis again

it sure was a thing with a gundam in it