Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Oh my god, why the hell is Lupe getting a flashback after her death? She was probably the least sympathetic character so far. And I'm counting her death, pippi's death and his battleship blowing up all as Usso kills, because why not. Put that together with the other three mechs he took out this episode and he's at a cool 1960 kills. Seems like I forgot what the killcount was some time in the thirties and recounted from the wrong post (I jumped from 1825 to 1831 back down to 1826) so I'm adding those six kills here again. Lupe is still the weirdest. Well... no the competition is actually getting stiff now that Fuala is back.

They went a bit more into what the Angel Halo does, apparently it's a giant mind control psycommu system? That means there needs to be a newtype controlling it, right? Oh boy, I can only start to imagine how well this is going to turn out.

Another episode down. Oh. Of Course Fonse Kagatie came from Jupiter, it's the only reasonable explanation to explain why he is such a colossal rear end in a top hat. Three times the gravity, one third the soul. In any case, I take back what I said about Loopy Lupe, Fuala is already way worse. Floating out in space for two days will do that, but at the very least they explained why she's still alive. She also shot her own subordinate in the head... for doing exactly as he was ordered. I would say there is no way they can top her insanity, but I feel like that's just asking to be proven wrong at this point. R.I.P Zanneck you were a great mobile suit.

Usso had one kill this mission, bringing his total count up to 1961.

Logicblade fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Episode 44 ended up being another Shakti makes a terrible choice episode. You have to know by now that every single person in Zanscare just wants to use your mother and she has no real power. She let's her self get captured, and Tomino does one of the stupidest tragic love stories I have ever seen with Kisharl and Karinga. Oh no, you killed my hubby... OH NO I tried to kill my hubby all along and he murdered me because I was being stupid. Jesus H. Crust.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Holy poo poo, it really is a massive brainwashing device. That's uh... wow. It's frightening how effective it is, turning Usso from a hardened soldier back into a scared 13 year old boy using only the power of flashbacks. The Angel Halo's power if terrifying and the first thing Kagatie thinks is wow the queen gets tired too quickly, we need a replacement. Dude, no. Another pair of kills for Usso today, bringing the count to 1963.

Next episode... Tasillo finally makes his move I guess.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Yeah well I was expecting like a biological weapon, but psychological weapons are just scarier. It sure needs a lot of human batteries to run, so it's effectiveness seems sort of short sighted.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Props to Shakti for at the very least trying to negotiate with Chronicle, and when that failed, go for his weapon. I mean it was a losing proposition to begin with, but that's the best line you can take in a bad situation. Usso went oon a killing spree today, enough of one that he could the last screams of the people he killed. The Angel Halo's range is wide enough to affect earth, which is pretty insane. Is nothing safe from that monstrosity? At the very least Tasillo kidnapped the queen, but unknowingly brought a stronger much more dangerous power source for the Halo. On the battlefront, Usso got a Buster upgrade to his machine, meaning his now has anti-ship weaponry! He even took out two of them and a few mooks before fighting Faula for the rest of the episode.

Usso's Confirmed Kill Count: 2171

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

It only needs to work once. It's a genocide weapon, designed to wipe Earth clean of sentient (not just sapient) life by shutting down their higher brain functions until they starve to death (which would be accelerated by the physical degradation it also causes in its targets), letting Zanscare move in and colonise the planet unopposed. All the freaky psychic visions for anyone in its vicinity are just a side-effect. And the poor fools powering it think they're just broadcasting messages of peace and goodwill to help stop the fighting... and also serve as useful human shields if anyone tries to stop the damned thing.

Yep, Fonse is a really good candidate for 'worst person in the Universal Century'.

Oh my god, the angel halo just gets worse and worse. I know you guys warned me about this poo poo, but seriously, it deteriorates people cells and makes them age faster too? This really is a terrifying weapon, you would think in the testing stages they would be like "no this is inhumane..." Wait, I almost forgot who I was dealing with, Zanscare was almost certainly going for mass horror factor, and preliminary tests were like "ok but how can we make this even worse, how can we kill even more people with this?" Horrifying.

Also horrifying, "A women's ideals will only bring suffering" is a pretty hosed up line. Tomino has problems, I'm glad he's worked them out a bit, Gainer did a good job with it's ladies, and I heard G-Reco was pretty similar in that regard. Faula freaking out over Marbet being pregnant is pretty hosed up too, but she's already waaaay off the rails... and now she's dead but she became a woman at the end of her life so I guess that's fine... Ugh. Anyway Tasillo is about to bust a blood vessel, and he's gonna kill Maria isn't he? She has outlived her usefulness as it were, and it wouldn't be Victory if she wasn't just killed her.

Five more kills for Usso today, including Fuala. The total is up to 2176.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

So quite a few things happened, but this was definitely a calm before the storm episode, or at least half of one. Maria got shot in the back, and then Usso blew up the ship she and Tasillo were on. Maria's death forced the Angel Halo offline for a short period of time, giving the rest of the feds time to recuperate and muster before the final battle. Chronicle finally showed off a hint of his ambition, and the Angel Halo is finally in range to hit all of earth, and not just a small portion of it. I guess it's time to prepare for the bloodbath. I say Usso, Shakti, Marbet, everyone on the White Ark and Odelo end up being the only survivors of import. The replacement shrikes are sure to die, and the original (Connie) made it at least episodes further than I thought she would. Other than that, no one is safe...

Usso's Confirmed Kill Count: 2281

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

+120, at least 9 half naked women

Well they had to destroy the angel halo somehow. A few thousand dead civillians doesn't mean anything! And after the commercial, they're gonna send a platoon of women at Usso who wearing nothing but bikinis and bazookas? The hell is going on... Seriousy explain to me what the point of that was other than showing Katejina is insane? Also now two people have had Kagatie at gun point and failed to shoot him, c'mon guys. And of course, they fail to shut off the doomsday machine when hey had the chance... because doing so would kill all of the people sleeping inside. loving hell, Kagatie could you be any more of a giant turd? Oh dear god the Angel Halo screams. It screams. That's gonna make for some unpleasant dreams. Usso's kill count, including nine bikini babes is 2401. Two episodes to go...

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Katejina snapped, and the two replacement shrikes got destroyed. R.I.P. Reinforce's old guys as well, at least they got to go out in a dramatic heroic charge and not get completely wasted doing so. Fake Jin turned out to be an alright guy in the end. The Angel Halo is changing into it's final form, and Usso and Chronicle are having their final dramatic fight. And Katejina just killed the last Shrike team member. And... oh god what, Katejina really thinks Usso and Chronicle are fighting for her love, she is completely bent. Weird would be putting it lightly, it's like Victory just keeps trying to top itself with insane women, but I think Faula still barely takes the cake.

One episode to go. Usso's kill count is 2436. It turns out the Buster Rifle drops mechs like no one's business.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

And... it's over. I did it, I stood up to the Victory. Odelo got wrecked by Katejina, so R.I.P. Odelo. Chronicle got chumped, it was tragic for half a second, but then you just hear this crunch sound and you can't help but laugh your rear end off. Usso went full newtype so his Gundam got super powered for the last half of the episode, and the Angel Halo newtype ghosts haunted Kagatie right before he died. At the very least people who deserved to die did, and Katejina ended up having everything she ever knew shattered and is left a broken husk of a woman. A very complete ending, if utterly head scratching at times.

Usso's final kill tally is: 2437

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

DamnGlitch posted:

I remember fondly the gundam wing boys and their image song album and man, they were the fujoshiest bait

Gundam 00's group is pretty drat close lol.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I've been rewatching Gundam 00, and I just want to say that Graham is awesome. <_< that is all. His organs should really just be a pulpy mess by now.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

TNG posted:

After the 2nd season at least.

Gary Biaggi was a cool dude

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I'm reminded again how awesome Sergei Smirnov is. And I'm just laughing at how hard the Trinities got played in season 1.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Victory was fun, in the "I'm a horrible person for saying that" sort of way.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Reds posted:

Kamille hasn't got poo poo on Uso's level of trauma, which says a lot about Victory Gundam. Kamille has a bad start which mostly levels out, Uso starts bad and gets worse.

Usso is basically a hardened veteran with no regard for human life by the end of Victory.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

In every day, in every age, the deeds of Gundam remain the same.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Dirty Deeds Done posted:

I've also started Victory

Docker Iqq is the loving man and the best part about Victory.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

G-Reco needed some space to breathe a little bit, but also I didn't like any of the characters and it almost felt like I had no point of reference to ground myself within the story. Other than looking like people, everyone in G-Reco were basically aliens in the way they acted, so it was very hard to have any pathos for their actions.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

To be in a position of authority for Zanscare you have to be insane, so it works... in the horrifying catastrophe sort of way

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

The last ten episodes or so were just Zanscare officers trying their damnedest to one up each other with their insanity and I can't decide if it was the worst or just bad.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Never Forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ogJDVcmBCM

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

I really wish that one quote that said Durandal was the hero and Kira/Lacus were the villains was legit.

In any event, we still have no idea if that attack at the start of Destiny was organized by anybody. The crazy guy who tried to drop...something on Earth, I forget what.

The blown out remains of Junius Seven IIRC

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Why did I read that... I think I'm gonna be sick.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

ZZ was good except for the parts that were bad.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

Are you implying that a chance to kill more Coordinators, however small, is not adequate reason?

Gotta preserve that blue and pure earth somehow.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Don't talk to me about real names in Gundam.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Gundam anagrams sound loving amazing.

Cereal Uterus was just misguided, he did nothing wrong!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

NikkolasKing posted:

Thee last ten episodes of SEED were outstanding. Some of the most enjoyable stuff I've ever seen in Gundam.

I don't remember any of the stuff before this, though. No wait, I remember
ATHRUN!? ATHRUN ZALA?!
ATHRUN!? ATHRUN ZALA?!
ATHRUN!? ATHRUN ZALA?!
[repeat about fifty more times]

KIRA!? KIRA YAMATO?!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Kuvo posted:

Speaking of hosed up childhoods I'm 15ish episodes into Victory and every episode so far has ended with Uso sobbing into his hands trying to deal with some hardcore PTSD

I was told this show only gets darker? :gonk:

Victory... Victory is a trip. The opening is a warning, you need to stand up to the Victory, don't let it destroy it.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Kuvo posted:

holy poo poo this guy loves motorcycles so loving much he wants to make a BATTLESHIP MOTORCYCLE

Yeah Duker is the best character.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I think the thing I remember most vividly from Gundam Wing was the whole Assassinate Tsubarov scene where they introduce the mobile dolls.

"I AM ASSASSINATING YOU ON ORDERS FROM COLONEL TREIZE!"

Dunno why that cheesy line stuck out for me above all else.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Chronicle really never felt like the Char of the series, more like a Kycillia if anything. Katejina was the real Char, but only slightly more insane.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Hey Heero, wanna come to my birthday party?

*Rips up invitation* "I'll kill you."

Heero love points up!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I think it's more determined to break the viewer with "No... No this is dumb. Stop please this is stupid."

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I just called him Banana Links.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

I really like the Graze from a utilitarian perspective.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Droyer posted:

I like how they're the only mech Gjallarhorn uses. They're an incredibly powerful world-spanning organization, of course they have a standardized unit. Makes the world feel more cohesive.

Yeah like even the Ace Custom suits are just like Here's a Graze, but with a lance instead of a rifle and a few extra boosters to zip around faster. It's really neat.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Baal posted:

I'm in the last 10 episodes of Victory, i can do it. I can push the rest of this dumb show, that being said I've been enjoying it more as of some of the latest episodes I've watched, so I can't say I'm not enthused to see how this turns out.

Stand up to the Victory. You're almost there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

SEED was great when you take the alternate interpretation that Kira actually died against Athrun and that the new Kira was just Dark Lord Lacus' political revolution bot.