Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
Why the gently caress would anybody want to watch compilation movies for a fifty episode TV series. 0079 sorta works thanks to how the show was paced and structured and it's still 7-9 hours.

If you don't think you'll like it, why are you even watching it at all? Alternatively, you could watch the show and acknowledge that it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

But yeah, how light hearted and silly is G-Gundam? I need a break from the pathos, drama and suffering.

It has its serious stuff, but it's a silly campy over the top show without relenting on that even in the serious moments.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

G-Reco has the best particle effects I've seen in an anime.
https://jii.moe/EkToG2IOx.webm

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Even when I try to figure out reasons for it, I still don't understand what it is about G-Reco that makes it impenetrable to people.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I mean, I can sort of see some reasons, but based on my experience I can't see why they're such a big problem. And I don't know why some people get so upset over it.

Bellri is the son of a powerful politician, a grade skipper, and had an extremely powerful mobile suit handed to him and when he showed up again he was opposed to Mask. Mask has talent and ability but has to scrape himself up from the bottom, and his team is basically cannon fodder thanks to being Kuntala.

A lot of people see the final battle and for some reason think that Mask was just pissy the whole time, while Mask has plenty of reasons to hate Bellri from his perspective and the final battle is basically all of them spilling out as he rants while extremely angry. Even worse are the people who think he's merely imagining racism because the series didn't spend time showing Kuntala being beaten up in an alley or something.

Reds fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 19, 2016

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

G-Reco is about stopping a war from breaking out. The finale is "oh poo poo the war is literally just about to begin right in front of us, let's do something about that". I'm not sure what's hard to understand about that.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Arcsquad12 posted:

Does anyone have the gif of the Type 61s ambushing a Zaku II?

https://jii.moe/V1JtBbuul.webm

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

dogsicle posted:

i love the typical Gundam head design. it's the white/blue/red/yellow color scheme that is bad and boring.

I'm pretty sick of most RX-78-2-based Gundams, but ditching the parade colour scheme makes for immediate wild improvements.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Xinder posted:

I just finished episode 8 of ZZ. Am I supposed to like Judau? Because I don't. I find it difficult to like any of these characters.

I'm wondering if ZZ is going to turn around at some point or if I'm going to find the whole show this unenjoyable.

I liked Elle and that's about it.

You're going to hate Beecha and Mondo once they finally leave the colony.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Taking something that's supposed to be pure white and covering it in lots of little red warning stickers is a terrible idea to begin with. You're completely defeating the point of its core design.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Droyer posted:

Hey Choc, how quickly does Gaia Gear update? I've been wanting to get into it but do you think it would be better to wait until it's done?

It seems to be pretty intermittent. As far as I can tell there's no schedule, it just occasionally pops up every few weeks or so on /m/.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I have a laundry list of issues with Unicorn, but until it went full retard in the last episode it was an enjoyable series.

Now if only Torrington didn't make all of the feds brain-dead jobbers besides Kobe Byarlant. Bandai/Sunrise still haven't realised that if they want GMs to sell, they have to let them actually do something besides be punching bags.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Dangerous Person posted:

Well, I finished Zeta.

Jesus Christ. Rest in peace everybody.

There's a reason why ZZ is whiplash if you go straight into it and aren't expecting wacky antics.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

That's impressive from a model kit building perspective but holy poo poo that is too much backpack.

Many well-made kits tend to be overdesigned clusterfucks.

You look at the winning brackets for lots of gunpla modelling competitions and depending on the region chances are they're greebly over-detailed messes covered with guns and pointy things and generally overloaded with extraneous items that are nonetheless impressive on a technical level.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I don't like merch, I don't own any t-shirts of the like, but the federation jacket is very cool and subtle enough to not make you look like a dork and I wouldn't mind owning one.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I've never liked the WZC, I really don't like the angel wings.I'm fond of the Wing Ver Ka with its much more vibrant colours though.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I'm down for funny Tomino, I like his other comedic works, I just don't think that ZZ is funny at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reds
Jun 15, 2015