Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Pepsi zero is nice but I can tell it's no real pepsi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
What's up, failed gundam vs buddy. On a positive note I changed that game for nier automata, I like to believe I came out on top.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

You could try 0083 because until Unibore came out, it had the most consistently well animated battles, but beware the terrible characters. Story is inspired by top gun (as in "squint your eyes")
Also that time when Kou helped the zeon guy fix his mobile armor has unintentionally hilarious moments.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

A world where we still find Z'goks is a world worth living.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Seiko is releasing gundam themed watches and I think the Zaku is just gorgeous

Casio did the same with Gshock but it was a bit of a fail since they did unicorn and banshee as well as the RX78 and char's zaku.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

You can make build divers try an incredible series by simply deleting Riku from it. The easiest fix imaginable. All of the adult characters that were brushed thin could be further developed. They could have the final episode be meeting Rommel in person and it turned out to be meijin Kawaguchi all along

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Divers has a thing over Try in that they do not reuse the water-drop JigenHaoh-- poo poo every drat episode to pad out those minutes.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I hope the documentary interviewed award-winning videogame director Akihiro Hino and how his terrible story nearly killed off the whole franchise.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

He's an elderly and confused person, much like George Lucas, Ridley Scott and Francis Ford Coppola.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Blaze Dragon posted:

It instead padded them out with everyone pointing out how good Riku is and how much they should all follow Riku's example. I'm not sure which I prefer, even considering how Try also liked to point out how good Sekai was. At least Sekai had a personality, boring as it was, Riku didn't even have that.

Not really. I just went back and watched the whole thing again because I hated it the first time around. Not only that, the instances where I thought I remembered all the Riku praising did not happen. There's a poignant latter episode where Riku's buddy and the Ogre's kid brother must navigate an obstacle course on their own, precisely on the erroneous assumption that one has to be "more like Riku" and "as strong as his older brother". Sekai didn't even get an arc, he starts out the series as a martial artist who speaks through his punches, straight out of the generic shonen handbook, and ends that way. They don't show us him getting closer to Fumina, they don't show us him learning to build gunpla with Shia and they don't show us him growin passionate about gunpla.

Riku on the other hand builds his own kit, goes on battles online, loses a bunch, wins some, improves his piloting and fighting style from playing soccer in school, goes on a duel irl with the edgelord and gets his rear end handed to him, but for a good reason, rescues Ayame's former force buddies' gunpla, falls for the anime loli in game and even stands up to her. Terrible as his character is, he had more to do than just punching people and moving on because of plot.

_____
/
goonsay

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Look just let me irrationally hate on Level 5's dumb layton games and their garbage tier gundam story which caused tons of gunpla kits go unsold and Bandai going premium service for future releases.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

This single page on this thread has put forth more thought into build divers' story than its actual screenwriters.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Having a carrot be his copilot.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The best defense is high mobility. Everything always boils down to trans-am this or FX-burst that.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

This Heisenberg driver unit hooks up to the main reactor. It enables the mobile suit to maybe exist at one spot for a short period, thus avoiding beam weaponry altogether. It may or may not work sometimes see.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Merilan posted:

come to think of it doesn't Seabook end up being a baker and happy with Cecily

or is he disqualified on account of being married already

No he changed his name to Kinkaid or Kincade and began piloting the Crossbone. I think.

TenementFunster posted:

was G ever not popular among english-speaking fans? it’s been well-regraded for as long as i can remember. turn-a hasn't had a 1/10th of the exposure in this country a G

I have no clue how this works. I absolutely loved Turn A and completely rejected g gundam. I went in to both shows without any expectations or ideas.

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Seed is incredible in that, Astray, its side story, has been going on longer than the actual main story.