Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is Advance of Zeta worth a read? I've recently taken a shine to the look of some of the Hazel Gunpla kits, so got interested. Wanted to see how well the explain all the extra Gundam suits inserted into gaps in the timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Yeah, sounds fun. I just buy the disk and put it in my PS4 right, no shenanigans? I don't think I've imported for a home console since the Naruto Gamecube fighters. Any recommendations to ship to the UK?

Do parts scale to fit together, or can you do like an F91 with Sazabi gorilla arms or something?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is Play-asia the go-to for import games? It's giving me 4 weeks to get Gundam Breaker 3, wanted to see if there's faster options to the UK.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Watch Regular Show and enjoy the vocal talents of Blum, Mark Hamil, and the dad from that 70s show.

Blum's also a regular on Star Wars: Rebels, which is great. Australian accent this time. I did like his Green Goblin/Starscream mind.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Anthrovore posted:

I was unaware they had released an English version of gundam breaker 3, ended up importing it and drat if it isn't worth every single extra penny. Currently wrecking poo poo as a kampfer headed, zeong armed-gouf martial artist with hidden ranged weaponry. I've never played a game with such incredible customization options. This almost makes up for the fact that i'll never be able to play macross 30 in a language I understand.

Can you grab a screenshot? Because I'm picturing some crazy gorilla arms there.

quote:

also as someone who hasn't watched build fighters

Rectify this, seriously. There's an argument that it's no a Gundam show but it's super fun.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Anthrovore posted:

(un)fortunately, the zeong is downsized to near normal MS size in the game so no crazy knuckle walking with the arms

They are, however, fully functional :getin:

That looks pretty great actually! Can't wait for the game to show up! Without the Barzam I'd probably go with the Kampfer or Jagd Doga head. Or the GN-X.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Urg, made a mistake with my order of Gunpla Breaker 3, it's the Vita version. The eBay outfit I wen't through don't have the right version for PS4, but at least take returns. I think I'll need to wait a month for Play-Asia now. Pisses me off, was really looking forward to that.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Just watched the first few Origin films, made me fall for Ramba Ral all over again.

I just got Gunpla Breaker for PS4. I'd just like to confirm again, if I play on my normal account, will I be able to use DLC from another account, ie the HK one I make for the purpose?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

So Gundam Breaker 3: do parts become available in much the same order for everyone, or is it random. I was playing a sort of Gelgoog J/Jesta hybrid with the GN Sword III you get at the start, but the first boss dropped, among the other apparently random parts, the 00 Seven Sword backpack, and the Buster Sword and Blaster seem to just be nuts. So now I've just assembled Gundam with that and it's actually hard to imagine how anything else can be better.

And is it me, or is the GN Sword III rifle mode just broken good? It seems odd you start with a piddly machine gun equipped as your gun when the alt mode of your sword is so good. Whatever, having fun even if I seem to have no agency in the story. But I get to break face with Gundams, so that's fine.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm still not really clear on how I should be updating my Gunpla, there's 4 types of merge and I don't understand any of them, and I can throw plastic at things to level them up. And I can access extra systems through certain parts like Trans Am from the Twin Drive.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Okay, so a few things seemed to not go right: I have a GN-X saber and an uncommon MK II saber with a + dps on it. But if I hit Pair Merge on the first saber the second isn't on the list. I wanted the red GN-X saber with the MK II stats, since I like the red blade.

I was able to Pair Merge stuff into a GN-X backpack so it has the GN-Drive skill, but my suit equipped with it can't use Trans Am. Doesn't it meet the requirements? Again, I want the red particle effect.

And lastly, my Barbatos 4 code doesn't work. Is that to do with not being in HK, even with a HK account?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kurui Reiten posted:

3. The Barbatos code will work, but only if you're playing it with the same region account as you bought the game from. IE, if you buy the Asian English version, which is a Singapore region game, you'll need a Singapore account on your PS4 to get patches and such; however, you can PLAY it using your native account. The problem arises that that code will only give you the free stuff if you play with the SG account.

However, it's not a big deal. It's not DLC, it's an early extra set of parts. You'll be able to unlock them normally as you play, and if you're in a major rush, use the Arena's Bounty Hunter mode and keep refreshing until you find opponents with those parts equipped. They can drop them like anything else, and if you're in a HUGE rush, once you get half a suit's parts, they show up to buy from the store. So, don't worry, you're not missing anything.

I thought it was Hong Kong region, or is it both? I have the Asian English version and am playing on a Hong Kong account.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

It is, yeah.

Bugger, I wish someone had said something before. Do I have to start over if I want to use DLC?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

PBS Newshour posted:

Kai is great I hope he never dies when I am watching any of these shows. I would be devastated.

I have this odd thing where i'd like him to be a (probably still somewhat reluctant) MS-piloting protagonist, whilst knowing that would be a backwards step as a character. He's a pretty badass journalist though.

That's a pretty good setup for a side-story manga actually, has anything like that been done. I quite enjoyed the Ghiren Assassination Plot and Johnny Ridden's MSV series (which I think might have got canned? Stopped seeing updates) even if there is a recurring thing where Zeon suits are painted in Gundam colours. Gouf White Rose Custom does look awesome actually.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ActionZero posted:

If I recall correctly there's a G Generation game which has a route where Amuro dies at the beginning so Kai steps up and becomes a super newtype hero pilotting the Nu Gundam.

I think I remember reading that it was a book (or maybe it's been both) and possibly it was the RX-78-3.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Or he could just be one in a long succession of clones/gholas.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I like that in the novels Kai went and rejoined the Federation while everyone else defected to Zeon entirely out of spite. He rejoined the losing side specifically to get his chance to gently caress Char's poo poo up.

What, everyone on White Base?

I'm thinking I should watch the MSG movies again. Or should I actually watch the original TV incarnation?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Droyer posted:

I don't have a source on this so pinch of salt and all that, but i vaguely remember reading the Montero was gonna be Aida's suit before they changed it to the G-Arcane, so that is what it would mean.

I think the intention was that she had a Montero initially, but upgraded to the G-Arcane early on.

Guess I should watch the last few episodes of G-Reco. See if that thing ever transforms.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Lances are pretty great in Gundam Breaker 3, I've got a nice configuration with Epyon's heat rod that lets me smash face. But I liked Trans Am with the teleport sidestep, which I previously needed the 00 Twin Drives for. I just got the 00Q pack, which has a GN Drive, but it doesn't enable Trans Am, the torso does. Just wanted something less massive than the 0 Raiser or Seven Sword pack until I unlock the ability.

Going to try and share once I've figured out how.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kanos posted:

Jerid becomes the most elite MS pilot in the Titans besides Yazan by virtue of being the only one to come back without dying on a consistent basis, yes.

And I've just realized he's probably inspiration for Patrick in 00.

Jerid had a good story arc in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2, even though it was born of a nonsensical alliance between the Titans and ZAFT.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is there somewhere good for talking about Gundam Breaker 3? I finished the story (bleh) but would like to try some new builds, maybe do extreme mode. I feel there's still a lot I don't know, like I can't seem to do much with martial arts for one.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Martial arts are kinda awkward in that you either have to blow a slot on the aura builder or you effectively have two cooldowns on your skills though they're very strong. I had the best luck using the Destiny Arms with Martial Arts arms because you can cancel from melee attacks into the Destiny Finger and back again for effectively long infinite combos.

Yeah, I used Destiny's arms for a spell, mostly changed to Sandrock custom ones for aesthetic reasons and because I made the Legend's Dragoon system my main option.

Trying to find a good shield weapon right now, I found one with something like +15000 shield weapon DPS, initially had it on a Banshee shield's megacannon but the cooldown sucks, as impressive as it is. I previously used the Epyon's Head Rod shield and wondered about bringing them together, but it seems a bit of a waste since it just does what a primary weapon can do.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

muike posted:

I actually like the cloaks more because they're always on and you basically never have to worry about them.

They're not on for the launch animation, which annoys me. They don't always look right either.

I have just thrown together a suit with Hazel's legs and the Powered GM pack which seems neat.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Caros posted:

The best shields in the game are the unicorn or banshee shields assuming you don't worry about the shield damage (which you shouldn't).

Both of those have an on board ifield generator that activates automatically when you'd get hit which is as ridiculously good as it sounds.

I'm trying to assemble some high-power suits for Extreme mode, should I be looking at "unique" abilities? Full Psychoframe and Nanoskin both seem good, or should I focus on increasing those stats through the normal abilities for them?

And do all the "Trans" type abilities do the exact same thing, boost speed and let you cancel with boost? The only variable is the shader applied to your suit when you do them?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm on PS4, but also in the UK if that's an issue. I didn't even know there was another level over Extreme!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Some more DLC was announced for Gundam Breaker 3, the Ball, Kimaris and AGE-FX, which will come after the Rick Dias and Hyaku Shiki customs on Thursday. Don't know how they will be released in relation to Barbatos form 6.

Kimaris and the FX have bits I'd like to use, but I would have liked the Graze. Also Reborns Gundam but that probably won't happen.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Is there an actual date for the first Gundam Breaker 3 DLC? I'm still not quite sure I'll be able to get it on the account I'm playing on.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Has DLC started showing up? I set up a PSN account for Hong Kong, apparently wrong, but thought it would show up in game updates rather than going through the PSN store?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The presence of the Blue Destiny suits and Pale Rider in Gundam Breaker 3, and the Efreet, have got me a little interested in the Side Story games (I believe that's the series name?) are they any good/available in English?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I watched the first episode of the Brave series (Brave Exkaiser?) and have every intention of watching the rest, in part due to it's shared DNA with Transformers. VOTOMS and Macross are very much on my radar too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Does The Origin explain why Char doesn't wear a normal suit whilst piloting at all?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Has a date been set for the next batch of Gundam Breaker 3 DLC? I'd really like to muck around with Kimaris and AGE-FX parts.

Is there somewhere I can read more about the relative success or otherwise of various Gundam shows, I guess in terms of viewership and merch pushed? I thought it was fairly interesting that Gundam Breaker 3 has I think six AGE Gundams (some parts get reused) and the Gafran from a show widely held here as a failure, whilst G-Reco only had the G-Self. I would have thought they'd at least get the G-Arcane in too. I know that saves carry over, so AGE may have just come out before one of the previous games and now the Gunpla can't be removed from new games.

Maybe it's just arbitrary/the whims of the developers, since a bunch of "sets" are incomplete, since a bunch of the 00 and Wing protagonist team suits are missing.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Saw the art for IBO S2's Gundam Andras yesterday, looks pretty rad: http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2016/07/asw-g-63-gundam-andras.html

Seems to have a lot going on, nice colors looking a bit like the Banshee, really nasty looking blade and head. There's also art of the pilot, which is why I linked it, because to me it looks like Eugene? I used a translator app on it and a different name is given, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions? His outfit is in Tekkedan colours but between how evil Andras looks and the marking on it's shoulder looking like a faction badge, I'm thinking not.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

It looks bland and boring and I'm not expecting the new BFT stuff to be good, but this actually looks like a kitbash, which is a good thing. One of the problems with BFT is that a lot of the new designs didn't actually look like something put together by a model maker.

I like the ZZ II for much the same reason, though this is cheating a bit as the base for this one is another supposed kitbash, but at least one with an aesthetic consistent with one of the Gundam settings. The R-Gyangya was good too, but there is the problem of the base kit it's supposedly made from not existing. If I were to get the Transient Denial or whatever I'd be painting over the clear parts. I would have liked the Hydra/Deathscythe fusion we saw in the flashbacks as a precursor to Gundam The End too.

But I got the impression the "enemy team" will be the ZZ II, Gyancelot and the "00[N]yant" so at least one set of cool suits and characters.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I get a bit of the GP02A from those legs.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Baal posted:

I watched both and felt like they're perfectly fine ways to experience Gundam

I've watched the films and thought they were a great introduction, now I want to see the full series (I started recently) out of intereste about content I missed and now knowing about the production issues they had toward the end.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Gundam Breaker 3 DLC news just broke:

http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2016/10/gundam-breaker-3-for-playstation-4-and.html?m=1

More suits TBA, but Scramble Gundam soon, Arche Gundam, pre-restoration Gusion, Barbatos Lupus and Aegis. One DLC a month starting this month, which include new builder parts.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Hahaha do they seriously sell a "twin ball set."

Yup, they come in pairs.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I just sort of picked up the first 2 paid DLC for Gundam Breaker 3 on a whim. Sort of due to how difficult it was to get funds onto the Singapore PS Store when I thought I could just use PayPal.

I've not finished #2 yet, but it's not grabbed me, it uses the existing levels, in fact Misa even says "Oh, it's just the same old levels.." or something. I think It came with the Barbatos 6th Form, Scramble Gundam and Phenex,

Part 3 is kind of fun, so I finished it in the one sitting, you fight with Misa's dad and the other shopping center guys, so a nice change from constantly pulling Misa's rear end out of the fire, and it uses a bunch of new maps, I gather from GB1, although the aesthetic looks totally different. In many ways they seem nicer than a lot of the GB3 content. It also comes with AGE-FX, Gusion (the Brewers version,), Asteroth (asymmetric pre-recondition version) and ReBawoo. So overall much stronger than the previous one I think.

The new builder parts seem pretty cool, there's a crest antenna like the Sazabi or ReBawoo, and the skirt thrusters from Asteroth and Barbatos #6, stuff that really let you change the suit's look. I'll wait and see on the rest, but I enjoyed an evening with it and would like to figure out a nice new design with the parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

rincewind101 posted:

While we're talking about fun UC stuff, I just watched Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky out of curiosity (watched the episodes as they got released) and the sequence they put in at the end of the film got me wondering: what the heck is this? It has hands that detach and shoot lasers!

I think it's a psychommu prototype High Mobility Zaku II.