Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I haven't been looking in on this thread, which is about the only place I get my tasty gundam information, since the end of Iron Blooded Orphans. Is there anything new cooking or did I miss an OVA? Or are we still arguing about Char.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So I'm watching Gundam SEED for the first time. It's the Remastered version on Hulu. I'm only a few episodes in but got a few things to say.

First of all what the hell is with these close ups on faces. In "long shots" people look relatively normal for an anime but when it's a close up everyone's faces look like the same giant eyes over detailed weird blob. Is this due to the remaster or was it always this way? It's loving gross.

Secondly what's up with the casual attitude towards mass destruction? In the second episode Kira accidentally blows a giant hole in the colony wall and it's never brought up. Of course six hours later a mass of terribly aimed missiles results in the colony falling loving apart, and it's barely mentioned afterwards. Is there ever any consequences for the characters stupidity / bad writing?

Finally are coordinators supposed to be newtypes? They make a big deal about how a coordinator is superior in every way to a normal dude but aside from combat programming everyone's an idiot.

Should I keep watching or does SEED continue being bad?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I've watched Wing in its entirety like five times since it originally aired on CN and got me into Gundam in the first place. I couldn't tell you what happens in the back third of the series though.

Time to make that six times I think.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
After I watched BF I told my wife, sweetie this is what I want for Christmas, and showed her HLJs page for a 1/100 Sengoku Gundam and a 1/100 Zaku.

Now, today, I'm posting from an alleyway behind a Starbucks so I can steal their wifi as I get ready to meet someone who's going to show me a link to a rare 1/144 Juaggu and boy

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
We can't do that because...

*completely unrelated action scene*

... and that's why!!

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Yeah but do that high quality treatment for some later UC. Flesh out the F91 timeframe.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
And Build Fighters.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
lol Sleggar what

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
But he knew kung fu.

Anyway Io from Thunderbolt is neither a kid nor does he land in a Gundam by accident. Shiro, Bernie and Christina are also professional pilots.

The 0083 guy is also technically already a pilot when he gets his but he's also a manchild.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
The Atlas still looks out of place.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I think the psycho zaku operated like an extension of his own body.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Hey I was on a submarine for five years and our hotspring was a welcome addition when it came to our limited recreation time.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Norris still accomplished his goal in the end. It doesn’t matter since a GM ices the transport a few minutes later (too bad war sucks).

Plus, “I have found the place where I am to die” is a badass thing to say.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
For those who don’t know, ZZ is going up on Gundaminfos YouTube page. I just finished Z for the first time in a decade or so and boy, I forgot what tonal whiplash this one is.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I'd like Yazan to get a shot.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My favorite Gundam is G Gundam.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Guy Goodbody posted:

But who is the best Gundam character

Souske Sagara.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

And I think it makes decent sense, given his abilities, and the insane and frankly magical poo poo that happens, especially at the end of the novel.

What happens at the end of the novel?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I always got the impression that MS development only really went nuts because it was what the other guys were dumping R&D into.

At first the Zaku show up and smash the federation, surprising them with a new form of combat. They couldn’t quickly come up with their own way to combat mobile suits, in addition to their own MS development showing the troops they can do it too.

Zeon keeps ramping up their crazy designs because for them it’s what’s working and is winning the war for a bit. The federation keeps trying to catch up (then surpassing) and soon everyone’s wrapped up in this particular form of weapons race for the next two hundred years.

Also because giant robots are cool and sell toys.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Is there any significance to the end of December Sky when they find the Zeong parts? I don’t think it comes up in Bandit Flower.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So what was the status of all the sides at the end of the OYW? I know Side 3 was Zeon and they were relatively untouched at the end of it all I think. At lease Side 4 and 2 got blown apart right?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My wife suggested Bernard for our kids name and I said no because it would make me think of hamburger.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I had a good time reading Steel 7, but Id really like more F91 or pre-F91 timeframe.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So I’m rewatching Unicorn, is Banagher supposed to be a cyber Newtype? There’s a scene early on where he’s flashing back to being all plugged into a machine with a metal eyepatch and whatnot.

Say what you will the shows pretty at least.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My favorite bit so far has been when Papa Vist starts waxing poetic about Newtype philosophy and how its definition is being twisted by the military industrial complex, intercut with shots of a sleeves pilot fighting Londo Bell while shrieking Zeon propaganda and getting completely and ruthlessly beaten down. Then it cuts to Zimmerman looking bored as hell.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Jesus Christ the ending of Unicorn is nonsense, even ignoring Full Frontals Magic Mystery Tour.

Edit: what’s next, chronologically? Is it Twilight Axis and Hathaway’s Flash?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So as it’s easier to ask the experts than dig through half-finished wiki pages and stuff, what’re the differences in BC from the original CCA? I know there’s the Hi-Nu and Nightengale but that’s it.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Didn’t they move the actual animation from a key character moment to the title sequence and replace it with a cockpit view of the same moment in the actual show?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I likes G-Reco in all its weirdness but I just took a spin through mahq and drat if i can’t remember most of those suits.

Except for the Elf Bull, Elf Bullock, and Mack Knife. Best design in that show and I love how you can follow the design development from prototype to mass production.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I like the parts where the robots shoot lasers and then there are pretty explosions.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I will never understand how so many pilots hide their Gundams in lakes/oceans and expect to be able to get back to them. Or how they sunk them and then got out of them either. I don't see any of these guys with scuba gear.

Domon hid his inside the Statue of Liberty.

ManSedan fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jan 30, 2018

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Jesus tap dancing Christ I was in high school when Wing came to the states.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Regarding F91 and it’s follow ups, why are some chomping at the bit for a Crossbone anime? I enjoyed the manga (especially Steel Seven) but it wasn’t that great. The Crossbone itself has a terrific design but most of the rest of the suits are pretty forgettable.

I’d rather have something new in late UC.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

kirbysuperstar posted:

One can always emulate Endless Duel.

Thanks for reminding me of the summer of ‘01

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’m down with thunderbolt because the action is largely actually choreographed and I can tell what’s going on at each stage of a battle, as opposed to lines of lasers with no vanishing point or origin flying randomly with explosions somewhere.

Edit: also war is bad.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I like Dramatic Mission and whatever that Master Asia’s 1000 Person thing is.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My steaming hot take is that I enjoyed most of G Reco and can’t stand most of Zeta.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
If it’s UC, anything but more OYW. I’d like something leading up to f91 or Victory. There’s a lot of unexplored time there.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I hope this means we get more Jesta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Don’t discount the Heavygun!