Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm down loading now. I've pretty much avoided all pre release content so hopefully will go in completely blank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I finished the game yesterday and really enjoyed it. The voice acting is obviously brilliant. I thought I wasn't going to like it at first but within a few minutes I realised how well it worked with the radios.

The far cry 2 style map/compass/locator thingy works really well. Some one mentioned earlier that there was a radio interaction with delilah where you hear her talking to some one else possibly about you. I missed a reply to this because I was still trying to put my map away and get down this cliff.

I'm not sure if that was intentional but it really planted an early seed of doubt about her and it was the first thing I was going to ask when I came in back to the thread (it was answered earlier).

Anyway I'm going to write more later.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Macaluso posted:

You can bring the boombox with you all the way back to your tower from the lake :psyduck:

What is that tune?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Fans posted:

If you call Delilah while doing it she bitches about the music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc6S6Mqr8Oo

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah I didn't realise olly had so many irons in the fire:

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I quite like that, it's sort of what made the story grounded and not cheesy. For a video game the dialogue was genuinely believable. I liked the way you could queue up responses and he would naturally say instead of cutting himself off with the new line. It's little things like that.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Was so looking forward to this, but when I downloaded it I kept getting "Failed to find executable" messages and just couldn't get it to work :smith:

Have you tried the usual right click on game in library - properties - local content - verify integrity of game cache?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Calico Heart posted:

Yeah, nothin. Super super bummed

Try finding the .exe in the folder and right click and "run as administrator".

I just checked and it's:

this pc - local disk c - program files (86) - steam - steamApps - common - firewatch - firewatch.exe

Jippa fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 12, 2016

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/02/19/firewatch-ethics/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Great news.

• Locked thread