Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Who What Now posted:

Cool casual homophobia, bro.

So now you're going to get all upset and offended by that but not by your fellow travelers advocating and mocking suicide, and the outrageous racism displayed by the side that wants to keep the poors and minorities disarmed ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tezzor posted:

By "trolling" gun nuts mean "sincerely posting my awful idiot opinions"

You seem pretty easily trolled by that.

Pauline Kael posted:

So now you're going to get all upset and offended by that but not by your fellow travelers advocating and mocking suicide, and the outrageous racism displayed by the side that wants to keep the poors and minorities disarmed ?

I advocate immediate suicide for anyone who wants it because god drat get on with it already or don't but don't loving draw it out for attention.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Panzeh posted:

You seem pretty easily trolled by that.

I advocate immediate suicide for anyone who wants it because god drat get on with it already or don't but don't loving draw it out for attention.

Unironically agreed

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Pauline Kael posted:

The most important priority is that you be disarmed because you're a danger to yourself and all those around you, and the poster child for "SHOULD NOT HAVE A GUN"

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

C.M. Kruger posted:

"America was the real bad guy in WW2 because this holocaust denial website says so"- Forums user Tezzor.

Actually, America was not the bad guy in WWII, but its decision to drop nuclear weapons on civilian populations was an indisputably evil and unnecessary act that cannot be justified by any coherent factual or moral argument, and, as this is true, the only thing that mass murder apologists can seize on is that I unknowingly used a bad source among many, and bring it up solely in an attempt to drag my moral stance down to their slavering, subhuman level; not because it disputes anything I said, or because it makes any of their own arguments stronger, but because as blood-crazed cave goblins who enjoy making excuses for mass murder, they inherently dislike moral righteousness. Pretty severe error you made here.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Pauline Kael posted:

I bet you'd cry with joy to see open-carrying blacks and Puerto RIcans in the street, topping your arsenal. It'd be a flutter in your heart of pure love, and no other emotion.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pauline Kael posted:

I'm upset when you do all those things, so IDK what you're on about. Well, no, not upset, that's far too strong a word. More concerned for humanity that such morons exist among us.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Why is the not racist gun supporter refusing to tell me what suspicious thing Mr. Martin was doing that night?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
There's an interesting discontinuity here. The gun advocate argues that guns are necessary for self-defense, but also accepts that certain people, such as the mentally ill and convicted felons, should not have access to guns. Thus, they should not be allowed to defend themselves. Indeed, given that the gun advocate argues that police will not defend you, this is really saying that it's okay to do whatever you want to someone with depression, or who was convicted for stealing a car, because they have no right to defend themselves against you, and no one will defend them. Either guns aren't really necessary for self-defense, and gun advocates are lying, or suffering from a mental illness makes you subhuman. I'm sure the conservatives, well aware that this is one of the few chances they will have to freak out the squares, will go for the latter, or else squeak about how liberals are fat, gay, women, work blue-collar jobs if at all, etc. And the rest will call this a shitpost, because talking back to missionaries is morally wrong. You're supposed to sit back and be converted.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Effectronica posted:

There's an interesting discontinuity here. The gun advocate argues that guns are necessary for self-defense, but also accepts that certain people, such as the mentally ill and convicted felons, should not have access to guns. Thus, they should not be allowed to defend themselves. Indeed, given that the gun advocate argues that police will not defend you, this is really saying that it's okay to do whatever you want to someone with depression, or who was convicted for stealing a car, because they have no right to defend themselves against you, and no one will defend them. Either guns aren't really necessary for self-defense, and gun advocates are lying, or suffering from a mental illness makes you subhuman. I'm sure the conservatives, well aware that this is one of the few chances they will have to freak out the squares, will go for the latter, or else squeak about how liberals are fat, gay, women, work blue-collar jobs if at all, etc. And the rest will call this a shitpost, because talking back to missionaries is morally wrong. You're supposed to sit back and be converted.

Anyone released from jail should be able to have their rights restored. Anyone incapable of having their rights restored (Likely to reoffend, have reoffended many times, completely loving nuts, etc.) should be held until such time as they are capable of rejoining society with full rights.

Generally speaking, our mentally ill populace should be in some sort of supervised treatment if they're incapable of taking care of themselves and engaging safely in all their rights, up until they are capable. Should they never reach such a point, they should be in a state where they are protected by someone else from threats external and internal.

I just don't know where all the money will come from to pay for all this supervision. Legalize weed and tax it like cigarettes and I bet you'd come up with like... a third of the cash in a week.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

PCOS Bill posted:

Anyone released from jail should be able to have their rights restored. Anyone incapable of having their rights restored (Likely to reoffend, have reoffended many times, completely loving nuts, etc.) should be held until such time as they are capable of rejoining society with full rights.

Generally speaking, our mentally ill populace should be in some sort of supervised treatment if they're incapable of taking care of themselves and engaging safely in all their rights, up until they are capable. Should they never reach such a point, they should be in a state where they are protected by someone else from threats external and internal.

I just don't know where all the money will come from to pay for all this supervision. Legalize weed and tax it like cigarettes and I bet you'd come up with like... a third of the cash in a week.

This doesn't really address the substance, you know. Either self-defense is an absolute right and felons should get guns back on release and suicidal people should have all the guns they want, or self-defense can be abrogated, or guns are not necessary for self-defense. Those are your only choices, and derailing about how depressed people should be put into camps won't get you out of it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Gunthread II: The Sound A Wet Fart Makes.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

PCOS Bill terrible opinion #137

Institutionalize all mentally ill people. For safety.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

I wouldn't mind more resources made available for mentally ill people. It would give you a place to go to before posting stupid extreme strawmen of peoples interweb statements.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ogmius815 posted:

I think institutions should be banned- the world is better off with 'mentally ill' people, meaning people who aren't made to be office drones.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ogmius815 posted:

If someone is so mentally ill that they are a danger to themselves or those around them, yes, they need to be supervised for their/everyone's sake.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

Might as well just save time and say blacks with a misdemeanor don't ever get to have their rights back.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Might as well just save time and say blacks with a misdemeanor don't ever get to have their rights back.

You have a really weird tic

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

JohnGalt posted:

I wouldn't mind more resources made available for mentally ill people. It would give you a place to go to before posting stupid extreme strawmen of peoples interweb statements.

Okay. Here's a question for you. As a "faghot", why would I want gay-haters to be welcomed into the political party I sympathize most with? Isn't all this "gun control hurts Democrats" just an incrementalist effort to annihilate liberalism?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

PCOS Bill posted:

If someone is so mentally ill that they are a danger to themselves or those around them, yes, they need to be supervised for their/everyone's sake.

Okay. Why should we do this over the objections of psychologists and psychiatrists, who only institutionalize when the person is in imminent or continuous danger of suicide? Or are you suggesting that suicide-prone people be given means to make killing themselves easier? Or are you just not a coherent thinker?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Effectronica posted:

Okay. Why should we do this over the objections of psychologists and psychiatrists, who only institutionalize when the person is in imminent or continuous danger of suicide? Or are you suggesting that suicide-prone people be given means to make killing themselves easier? Or are you just not a coherent thinker?

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm not sure you're literate.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Tezzor posted:

Actually, America was not the bad guy in WWII, but its decision to drop nuclear weapons on civilian populations was an indisputably evil and unnecessary act that cannot be justified by any coherent factual or moral argument, and, as this is true, the only thing that mass murder apologists can seize on is that I unknowingly used a bad source among many, and bring it up solely in an attempt to drag my moral stance down to their slavering, subhuman level; not because it disputes anything I said, or because it makes any of their own arguments stronger, but because as blood-crazed cave goblins who enjoy making excuses for mass murder, they inherently dislike moral righteousness. Pretty severe error you made here.

Just when I feel like you can't get any dumber, you come out with this. I only wish I had a time machine to send you to any number of battles in the pacific war.

I thought I was done with it, but this thread is a gift that keeps on giving. I mean, youve managed to make perrenial TFR pariah PCOS Bill sound reasonable.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm not sure you're literate.

So, you're picking the second option. Why, exactly, is it just to make suicide easier for depressed people? Wait, I probably shouldn't have mentioned justice to a conservative.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey Effectronica, our previous conversation got interrupted when you got probated because of your violent tendencies, but I would like to pick it back up.

I believe when we left off you were claiming that the NRA encourages domestic terrorism. Just wanted to remind you that I am still waiting on a source for this. Feel free to respond whenever you are able :)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

You have a really weird tic

I'm not sure pointing out where your position is rife with potential abuses against racial minorities is a "tic" but whatev

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

stealie72 posted:

Just when I feel like you can't get any dumber, you come out with this. I only wish I had a time machine to send you to any number of battles in the pacific war.

I thought I was done with it, but this thread is a gift that keeps on giving. I mean, youve managed to make perrenial TFR pariah PCOS Bill sound reasonable.

I wish I had a time machine to send you and everyone else who advocates targeting civilians to get hanged with Tojo as a fellow war criminal. It's cool that Radhabinod Pral was, in the end, right about the war crimes trials.

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012

Effectronica posted:

Okay. Here's a question for you. As a "faghot", why would I want gay-haters to be welcomed into the political party I sympathize most with? Isn't all this "gun control hurts Democrats" just an incrementalist effort to annihilate liberalism?

The better question is: why do gun haters resort to attacking party politics when discussing the specific issue of gun control? It's almost like the idea of being the group that wants to limit personal freedoms/rights causes you to break down and scream about the big bad Republicans. It would be easier to admit that you're all closiet racists.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Effectronica posted:

So, you're picking the second option. Why, exactly, is it just to make suicide easier for depressed people? Wait, I probably shouldn't have mentioned justice to a conservative.

How are you reading "people who are a danger to themselves should be in some sort of supervised care" as "make suicide easier for depressed people"?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Rahu posted:

Oh hey Effectronica, our previous conversation got interrupted when you got probated because of your violent tendencies, but I would like to pick it back up.

I believe when we left off you were claiming that the NRA encourages domestic terrorism. Just wanted to remind you that I am still waiting on a source for this. Feel free to respond whenever you are able :)

Alas, I only respond when people can hide their disingenuity better. Or you're just stupid. Wait, why am I saying "or"? Those two conditions are rampant among gun advocates.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

I'm not sure pointing out where your position is rife with potential abuses against racial minorities is a "tic" but whatev

Everything can be used to target any particular group, good luck coming up with something that can't be used against a subset of the population unfairly.

Though maybe, just maybe, if that group wants to not be targeted by laws that punish criminals they could stop breaking the laws?

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ah yes, i forgot that asking for sources is disingenuous, apologies.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

PCOS Bill posted:

How are you reading "people who are a danger to themselves should be in some sort of supervised care" as "make suicide easier for depressed people"?

You're saying that major depression should only be used to deny guns to someone who is institutionalized, meaning that you are in favor of making suicide easier. Use logic, hard though it is.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Rahu posted:

Ah yes, i forgot that asking for sources is disingenuous, apologies.

Do you think this fools anybody? I mean, for gently caress's sake, you didn't even pretend to read my posts, you miserable cockroach.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JohnGalt posted:

The better question is: why do gun haters resort to attacking party politics when discussing the specific issue of gun control?

Because the vast majority of gun owners are single issue voters who vote straight ticket R, which is the party that is consistently trying to take away the rights from minorities.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

PCOS Bill posted:

Though maybe, just maybe, if that group wants to not be targeted by laws that punish criminals they could stop breaking the laws?

See, there are words here, but all I can see is a gigantic *fffrrrrrrrrttttttt*

Also, score for basically using the Legality defense. Maybe if those Jews had stopped being criminal scum that violated the law, they wouldn't have been murdered.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

Everything can be used to target any particular group, good luck coming up with something that can't be used against a subset of the population unfairly.

Tell me more about how blacks can't help but commit crimes and how you totally aren't a racist :allears:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Effectronica posted:

Do you think this fools anybody? I mean, for gently caress's sake, you didn't even pretend to read my posts, you miserable cockroach.

Please settle down with the personal attacks friend, we are all gathered here in this thread to discuss how guns are cool and rad :)

Now to focus on your the words in your post, that I read.

quote:

The NRA does more to encourage domestic terrorism than Anwar al-Awlaki ever did

For this example we will assume that Anwar al-Awlaki did absolutely nothing to encourage domestic terrorism, as that is the least amount of encouragement possible.

To encourage domestic terrorism more than zero, they must have done something, anything at all, to encourage domestic terrorism. I am asking you what that is.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Rahu posted:

To encourage domestic terrorism more than zero, they must have done something, anything at all, to encourage domestic terrorism. I am asking you what that is.
Maybe Timothy McVeigh had one of those flimsy NRA duffel bags full of his unmentionables in his getaway car.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Effectronica posted:

This is a good post that has yet to be addressed.

PCOS Bill?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Tezzor posted:

Hmm.
  • Thinks his opponents are subhuman
  • Describes them as "goblins"
  • Rants about how morally superior he is
  • Wants to ban guns
  • Cites holocaust denial websites
  • Thinks the atomic bombing of Japan was a war crime

Tell us Tezzor, have you ever shot your niece because she wanted to date a dashing young Stormtrooper instead of you? Have you ever fled to Argentina via U-Boat? Are you a vegan?

• Locked thread