Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

While we have this pause, this other arena-related thing might be of interest to people...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3887496&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bad Munki posted:

I lost, this tournament is already over

Called it

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Just bumping to keep this thread alive, in case it turns out I have time to run a fight this month.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
So i was gonna run the final playoff fight today but noticed both the macros are out of date and my terrible 2G phone internet cant download the new ones lmao

Ill get them tomorrow from work and finish this. I even made a cool graphic for the final fight c:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

verbal enema posted:

So i was gonna run the final playoff fight today but noticed both the macros are out of date and my terrible 2G phone internet cant download the new ones lmao

Ill get them tomorrow from work and finish this. I even made a cool graphic for the final fight c:

Awesome, we're all looking forward to the grand finale!!

edit: also there is still a third place match but I'll try to run that one myself as soon as I have time, otherwise Bad Munki would give me the business because he told me the third place trophy that his fighter will be fighting for is the real championship

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Sep 4, 2019

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Awesome, we're all looking forward to the grand finale!!

edit: also there is still a third place match but I'll try to run that one myself as soon as I have time, otherwise Bad Munki would give me the business because he told me the third place trophy that his fighter will be fighting for is the real championship

Running the fake true real true final fight now!!!

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
The thread that won't stay dead!

Thanks VE!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I like the idea that in-canon, tournaments in the murderbowl never finish because everyone hacks each other to pieces in between fights or like, whenever

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

gg

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

no re

but really though I am ready to run the third place match this weekend and just charge my client for ithe time I spent working on it, I mean it serves them right for expecting me to produce 120 hours of work in a 40 hour week, but seriously what the gently caress why can't they move out their artificial-rear end deadlines when two thirds of the team is out on medical leave and I have to cover for them, I mean I would really totally stand up to them and explain how unfair it all is if I only had another contract ready and waiting in the pipeline, I will never let a third party negotiate my contracts ever again

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Galick posted:

So! I got in touch with Jazzimus and pretty soon (depends on him!) we'll be starting a new tournament with me as the primary commish (and anyone else if they want to help out!)

Since this'll be my first solo tourney, we're going for a single elimination bracket just to ease things into it. Bright side, this means I can likely put out a few fights per day unless they decide to stand there punching each other in the left big toe for the next sixteen years!

So! Sharpen your axes and offer a prayer to Armok to steel yourselves against bloodshed - the Murderbowl lives again!

(also Jazz, please give me the ability to start a new tourney on the site or something so we can get the blood flowin' again :v:)
Ya know, poo poo happens. Let's just get this over soon. Galick was one of the best....

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 9, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did something happen? :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
OKAY THE FIGHT IS DONE I JUST NEED TO GET ON SOME WIFI TOMORROW AND UPLOAD IT also edit some pics but whatever ITS DONE

and most importantly ITS SAVED

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
: It is TIME folks! The Playoff Final! Two great teams go head to head one last time with the victors named Champions! As always we have my co-ho-

: I AM ALSO HERE! ME KRANKOR! We shall witness a glorious day of bloodshed and then later belt resizing! There is a tremendous air of excitment in the room tonight with many fans considering this match to be a surprise!

G: That's silly how would a tournament end if all the matches aren't played?

K: Time isn't even real

:siren: Round 2, Fight 2 :siren:

Projectile Vomit (2-1) is on the left side of the arena.
Mole Foley (Maarak) is a male molemarian. He is empty handed and wears a steel helm, a steel mail shirt, a steel breast plate, steel greaves, steel gauntlets, and steel high boots.
Spermy Munki (Frozen_Flame) is a male dwarf. He wields a platinum war hammer and wears a steel helm, two copper mail shirts, a steel breast plate, and copper greaves.
Buy Buy Buy! (Splode) is a male minotaur. He wields a steel spear and wears a steel helm, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.
Thor the Warrior (Klokwurk) is a male human. He wields a steel throwing axe and wears leather leggings.

Feels A Bit Chilly (2-1) is on the right side of the arena.
Bowbold the Bold (Dance Officer) is a male dwarf. He wields a steel crossbow and wears an iron helm, leather armor, an iron mail shirt, iron leggings, leather gauntlets, and leather high boots.
Naked Snake (astus) is a male serpent man. He wields a steel large dagger and wears no armor.
Polybolos in Strangler Camo (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields two iron pilums and wears no armor.
Fourlearned Is (Coward) is a female molemarian. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears no armor.

Feels A Bit Chilly is a 3.26 to 1 betting favorite in this match with 9123.00 dwarfbucks in total bets placed on them, compared to 2801.00 dwarfbucks for Projectile Vomit.

K: our fighters everyone! Krankor knows much blood will spill!

G: This is truly a fight among fights! A battle amongst battles! A WAR WITHIN A WAR!

K: Hell yeah!

K: THE MISSILES COME OUT!

G: Yes they do! Look at that steel throwing axe from Thor!'

K: Spend money to make kills!

G: Bowbold fires a bolt and Poly hurls a pilum!

K: AND POLYUSBOS pilum hits but oh! ita deflected off the boobplate!

G: That's a BREASTplat-

*K shaking desk* OH! our first melee encounter! Mino1 is struck a glancing blow by mlrm2

G: Several test strikes lash between our gladiators. Shields and quick footwork prevent any from doing harm! We are seeing why these combatants have made it this far!

The weapons used in the arena are of the utmost quality. Mostly.

K: MY MAN THOR! Throwing axes is fun but so is throwing it while keeping a hold on it!

G: I believe that is called a 'chop' Krankor.

K: Thor lops Fourlearned Is' foot right off sparking his axe off the floor! The steel swings and sings clear! Fourlearned Is has in retaliation BIT THOR'S TOE AND HE AIN'T LETTING GO!

G: A bold move! Let us see how this works out between these two fighters. Mino1 dodges a few strikes from Srpnt1 and sends a few misses back to the snake man. There really seems to be difference here folks!

(VE here with a lil side note. I've almost ran/ ran/ ran and forgot/ didn't save this fight a few times since the last one and I never knew I had the old macros still lol. This fight is going MUCH different. A ton more saves happening to each side and several more armor saves as well. well minus Thor being Thor again. ok bye)

K: A smashed and hacked toe is Fourlearned Is' reward for trying to take down the mighty Thor!

G: The molemarian does not quit, and continues to bite down on the human toe! Ewuck! Oh perhaps they have overexerted themselves with their new wound! Fourlearned falls onto the ground!

K: Humans are indeed gross Geldolf and that moleman is in a dangerous situation yet still holds their fierce dental grip on Thor's toe!

G: NAKED SNAKE HAS MADE A MOVE TO PREVENT THOR FROM GOING BALLISTIC! HE HAS STABBED THROUGH THE RIGHT HAND OF THOR! BONE LIGAMENTS NERVES MUSCLE AND FLESH TEAR AND BREAK FROM THE IMPACT!

K: Thor no! Taking advantage of this Fourlearned begins to shake the human savagely from the toe ripping it right off the foot! It chews it maliciously the fiend! You have nine more toes Thor! It'll be fine!

G: And Polybos throws another pilum whatever oh! Buy Buy Buy charges into Naked Snake and bowls him right over. A scene of shimmering scales hisses and fur as the two tumble around the stony arena floor!

K: Thor has dropped his beautiful steel throwing axe! The fiendish Fourlearned has stabbed her spear into the left arm of Thor! The clatter the weapon makes against the stone sends ice into my heart.

G: Bowbold the Bold sends a bolt into the calf of Spermy Munki just decimating the area! Spermy crashes to the ground!

K: He probably shouldn't have moved into the way of the bolt. Moly Foley moves into the combat area and immediatly has bitten down on the skull of Fourlearned! The impact and crushing force has rendered Fourlearned uncconcious! The tenacity of these molemarians is scary! I would love to battle several of them on Krankor!

G: Several? Weren't you injured by a stray body part recently?

K: I was caught off guard!

G: Speaking of off guard Buy Buy Buy has sunk his teeth into Fourlearned and has torn his rear right off clean off! He chews it with vigor and determination!

K: Go Buy Buy Buy! Avenge Thor!

G: Seems Naked Snake is stil on protection as their steel dagger that is somehow unlodged, no mention of that in the report, (K: you have a report??) has not penetrated the lower leg armor of Buy Buy Buy yet struck hard enough to take the minotaur to the ground!

K: I will have to look at this snake person's skills later! (VE: srsly wtf with this timing) WAIT WHAT IS THIS!

G: MOLE FOLEY HAS BEGUN A DEATH SHAKE ON FOURLEARNED IS!

K: SNAP HIS NECK! SNAP IT! TWO SHAKES A-

FOURLEARNED IS HAS BEEN KILLED BY WAY OF SPEAR TO THE SKULL DELIVERED FROM BUY BUY BUY

K: -ND what the gently caress is that voice?!

G: ah we got an automatic kill voice incase we miss it on the crystal replay

K: what

G: FEELS A BIT CHILLY HAS LOST THE FIRST FIGHTER! IT IS A THREE AGAINST FOUR SITUATION

K: Blood! Blood now! The real fight begins!

G: Naked Snake, surrounded by three enemies, evades all four attacks and even lands another punishing crushing attack to the lower leg of Buy Buy Buy.

K: The flat of the blade isn't being used! It is the hardest swings we may have seen yet! If Buy Buy Buy didn't have armor his legs would be gone! Better a few broken bones than a leg lost on Krankor!

On the rare occasion that positioning is used it often turns the bleakest of conflicts into victory

G: see right there the bolt was deflected

K: Huh so this can replay time?

G: well not time itsself but small fragm - OH OH uh so thats the replay system folks! Moving on!

K: Thor has tackled Naked Snake and has tumbled the serpent! Oh Naked Snake stands up and immediatly full hilt stabs Buy Buy Buy in the guts! Its lodged! ITS LODGED FOLKS! Ope and its out in one pull.

G: This is a fight! It really is!

G: Naked Snake re-enters his dagger into Buy Buy Buy again getting it stuck!

K: Polybolos in Strangler Camo trundles over to Spermy Munki and thrusts his pilum into his hand removing it from the dwarf's body! Another precarious situation!

G: Naked Snake dodges attacks from Thor and Buy Buy Buy doing his damnedest to keep these two occupied. His team should hope that his stamina is greater than theirs.

K: Naked Snake lands a good hit on the Minotaur's left knee. Didn't penetrate the armor but managed to bend the joint and even damaged the boot armor!

G: Mole Foley has joined in the chase and Polybolos has embedded their pilum into the foot of Spermy Munki! Spermy quickly retaliates and swings his hammer into the right arms of the strangler!

K: Naked Snake is beset on all sides! His teammates are quite far from able to lend immediate help.

G: Naked spins his way out and tries a quick stab on Mole Foley but doesn't get past the armor. Buy Buy Buy tries again misses and gets more smashing hits delivered to his right knee! Bowbold fires another shot from his crossbow! Will he strike his target? The fighters are heavily clustered together!

K: Where did the bolt go?! I wanted to see someone get an eye shot out!

G: Naked Snake makes another move punching Buy's horn bending his neck a little. The absolute skill this serpent man is displaying has been unseen for quite some time!

K: THE SERPENT STRIKES WITH FINALITY AND BURIES THE DAGGER INTO THE CHEST SEVERING A SPINAL LIGAMENT IS THE END FOR THE MINOTAUR?! Krankor be praised!

G: A another small scuffle and a result of Mole Foley gripping the arm of Naked Snaked while tearing into it with his teeth! Naked Snake with lightning fast reflexes immediatly chomps down onto Mole Foley's foot! FINALS BABY! Polybolos smashes up Spermy's toes wrecking hs foot!

K: Naked Snake is taking a shaking, biting, kicking, beating! He has to dislodge his dagger from the guts of Buy! before it is too late!

G: Spermy assails Polybolos with several warhammer blows crushing a hand! Naked tackles Mole Foley to the ground and gets gored in the arm by the wounded Buy! Thor throws a few more kicks Naked's way! Thor grabs the fingers of Naked!

K: The fingers are still on the hand for the record folks! ANOTHER GORE! SPERMY CRACKS NAKED SNAKE IN THE NECK WITH HIS HAMMER I SEE SPINAL FLUID!! AND MOLE FOLEY TACKLES HIM WHILE STILL LATCHED ONT HIS ARM WITH THOSE RAGGED TEETH!

G: Bowbold has fired another shot!

K: Could this be the blessed bolt?!

G: Oh hey look Mole Foley put Naked Snaked in an arm lock?

K: huh no poo poo what a strange fighter

G: Well after snapping an elbow Mole Foley drops the serpent man and his team continue to pound on him some more. Polybolos blasts another toe off Spermy but can't do much else other than land a latched bite onto the dwarf's finger lets watch on!

~Several minutes later~

K: OK folks its been tense here! Lotta kicking on Naked Snake who is feeling hopeless in his situation. But Polybolos has driven his pilum through Spermy! Twice! Once in the left shin and onnce in the right! There is yet much fight on this arena floor!

G: Another bolt is loosed from Bowbold!

K: Feels A Bit Chilly really needs this to strike true! Naked Snake has past out from exhaustion! Polybolos is perforating Spermy but they need their marksman to do his work!

G: Gripping stuff Krankor! SPEAKING OF GRIPPING MOLE FOLEY HAS STARTED TO LATCH ONTO THE HEAD OF A PASSED OUT NAKED SNAKED!

K: ALL OFF PROJECTILE VOMIT IS THUNDERING NAKED SNAKE RIGHT NOW!!

K: AND POLYBOLOS USES THE INCAPACTITATED NAKED SNAKE TO STAB SPERMY IN THE HEAD ENDING HIS LIFE! ITS AN OFFICIAL THREE VERSUS THREE FOLKS!!!

G: ITS STARTING NOW!

G: Mole Foley and Polybolos begin tussling over Naked Snake!

(idk why but now bowbold is firing steel bolts? maybe they were before but they looked different)

K: Another bolt! HIT SOMETHING GODDAMN! Thor kicks Naked Snake for a final time and the serpent man bleeds to death (2 full pages of getting beaten gored bit scratched clawed punched in the head)

G: A Deadly two on three commences!

and then i hit space on accident. I would go through this and fix names to reflect the teams properly but im at the bar soooo

WINNERS PROJECTILE VOMIT!!! WITH A SCORE OF 4-2!!!

sory that took so long oh no i just realized i forgot to link the combat log poo poo https://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/view_combat_log.php?746

verbal enema fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 30, 2019

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ok so I didn't like fix the combat log so there is still a lot of my previous havinf fun fights in it i apologize. But the real fight is there inside

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oh god the losers bracket has to be run to finish the tourney

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Yay, thanks for running it finally VE

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pfft, a bunch of replies? probably not anythiAAAAAAAAA

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Wait what

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gently caress me i also just realized i picked 4-2 when it was 3-2 in favor of PV fuxking hell

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What year is this

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Killed a dwarf, works for me.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Spermy Smurf posted:

What year is this

time is immaterial within the arena

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

time is immaterial within the arena

Do you think that when the commissioner pauses, that the combatants continue to perceive the flow of time? Can you imagine the endless dread of being frozen in time, and yet completely aware of your plight? Do you suppose arena fighters dream?

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Did points get awarded for the win? I can't remember if I had banked some or not.

edit. or wait, is third place all that's left?

Maarak fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 2, 2019

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Maarak posted:

Did points get awarded for the win? I can't remember if I had banked some or not.

edit. or wait, is third place all that's left?

Third place is all that is left, that was the grand final

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think I have a fighter in the 3rd place match, so clearly that’s the real grand finale.

Klokwurk
Sep 18, 2010

I'm completely bloody shit at this!

quote:

Human 1 scratches Serpent Man 1 in the thumb, left hand and the injured part is ripped into loose shreds!
Human 1 kicks Serpent Man 1 in the nose with his right foot and the injured part collapses!
Human 1 bites Serpent Man 1 in the head, tearing the muscle!
Human 1 latches on firmly!
Human 1 shakes Serpent Man 1 around by the head, tearing apart the head's fat and bruising the muscle!
Human 1 bites Strangler 1 in the first left hand, tearing the muscle!
Human 1 latches on firmly!
Human 1 shakes Strangler 1 around by the first left hand and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The first left hand is ripped away and remains in Human 1's grip!
Human 1 bites Dwarf 2 in the neck, tearing the muscle through the XXsmall cow leather armorXX!
Hell yeah, a fight! :black101:

Man, Thor got hosed up super fast that time. He did manage to kick Naked Snake's nose in and bite one of Polybolos' hands off though. He kept that hand in his mouth for a while too.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Ok Imma bump dis so I can finish the third place match on company time next week, or maybe the week after

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just to rub it in, Kruggsmash just wrapped up an entire tournament:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONTXlT6LTKw

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
please do until i get a new comp i can't run poo poo!!

please include Krankor

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I'mma try to run dis tomorrow to finish this

The next season after this will be pay to win and will involve lewd anime. I've learned my lesson as to what keeps a game alive

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I seriously owe you guys a fight next week, and I think I can make it happen

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Huzzah!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think this means I won

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Then we all lost!? :negative:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Yeah, except me, because I won

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

These things happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I seriously owe you guys a fight next week, and I think I can make it happen

He couldn't