Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Experiment Twenty-Two prepped and ready to cry in a corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Are Werewolves and Tigerman still the same stats? In the OP it looks like they have differences.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I doubt it'll matter as my fighter is probably going to die in the first round!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Tunicate posted:

I think Bene Elim got gold boots and an adamantine shield (and the other early champions got a gold item of their choice up to the value of a gold shield), but how about just a gold crown for every champion?

That makes it unique and cool, but not actually a big mechanical advantage.

EDIT: Knowing dwarf fortress there's probably a % chance calculated of your crown blocking a headshot, but hey I don't mind getting a little advantage.

If a gold crown is the one thing that saves that fighter, I think that's just fair. And hilarious. BUT if they win the tournament again the next crown has to stack on top of the first one until they get a teetering tower of crown.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

ChickenWing posted:

On one hand, I'm thrilled to see Stephen Harper getting his poo poo kicked in.

On the other hand, it would have been cool if he'd actually hit someone :smith:

Hitting people is overrated. Experiment Twenty-two hit someone and then promptly had her hands cut off.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well, I didn't lose any limbs this time, but I did spend the whole fight getting stabbed and utterly failing to charge at people. I'll take that as improvement!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I think this is the first time Experiment 22 hasn't ended up with limbs lopped off! Looks like this experiment... is getting results.

Sorry.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

ZeeToo posted:

The arts are excellent, and inspired me to find the time for this, this morning.

:siren: Round 4, Fight 3 :siren:

Combat Log

Reading this, I'm amazed that Twenty-Two didn't have it in her to get a kill: she stabbed Trump's Vicious Discharge in the head four times but couldn't finish the job.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well, that was brutal.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Despite not getting any kills, Experiment 22 managed to hack off 4 feet in that fight, with at least 3 of them coming after she'd been brought to the ground by a good stab.

What a good tiger.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
What a great fight! If they can keep that up, it shouldn't be too long till Lightly Whipped get their first win!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Yess! Another kill for the pile! But I don't understand why Experiment 22 keeps biting all the bloody time - it's not like she has any points in it.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I am really regretting my copper sword. Reading through the last few combat logs has been repeated cases of 22 hitting people and being unable to cut through.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Whip made of love and kindness (well, it might as well be).

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I very nearly drunkenly sold all my armour - would that count?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Holy. poo poo.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Shame!

Are there any unblooded yet to fight? Who are they, so that they can be stoned and booed as they enter the arena?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Bah! I wanted to buy a better sword but couldn't afford it even with selling almost all of my armour!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
That sounds like a good idea - otherwise you're left in a position where you have to go through multiple rounds looking at the same weaknesses coming up time and again, just because you can't quite afford to fix the problem.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Pickled Tink posted:

Why mess with a winning strategy? Lightly Whipped has the best streak in arena history going. It would be a terrible shame to break it.

Oh God. In our shots at greatness, we have created something terrible.

Given the streak Worse Munki have had, Lightly Whipped look to be almost their their exact opposite. The antiparticle to Worse Munki's particle.

Have we created BEST MUNKI?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Yeah, I've really appreciated the bets being shown as well.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Forgive a relative newbie to Dwarf murders, but what are the mystery boxes?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Bad Munki posted:

I mean, telling would sort of spoil the mystery, don't you think? Then it'd just be a box.

I'm excited for them already!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I believe the base is 50, which is affected by your race. Trolls and other large creatures get fewer points, whilst kobolds get more. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Did Suck & gently caress actually steal three kills there? Good work! That's the sort of fighting I like to see.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Holy poo poo. Good work tigerwoman!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Also, with that fight Experiment 22 doubled her kill tally. Take that, people who thought she was average!

...she's still bad.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Tiler Kiwi posted:

wow there is ten thousand bucks for Worker Cooperative against their foes. As we have seen anything can happen, I recommend that everyone bet against WC to earn some sweet cash.

Probably worth noting that 80% of that figure is Cathode Raymond betting every penny they have on LW losing.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Spermy Smurf posted:

Ran more tests. 2v2 and 3v3 the team of Antwomen won 6 out of 6 times.

Alone she loses every time.

What the hell.

Something something hivemind, obviously.

Wait, might that actually be a thing in Dwarf Fortress?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
That's another decent upset. I wonder if this round's going to be anything like the last one when it comes to surprises?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Spermy Smurf posted:

Maybe it was a betting upset, but SSS had like 8 less kills and a worse record than 2CWD. Not sure why the betting was the way it was.

Oh, so they did. Don't know why I got it in my head then that it was an upset.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
That's the second fight in a row that Experiment 22's got three kills. Whisper it, but have I accidentally made her... good?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Pretty much just sell most of her armour to buy an Iron Longsword and a bundle of ranks in Fighting.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Yeah, she had a copper one which just slapped ineffectually against everyone's armour/skin.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Wow, that was really super-close. Good work, both teams!

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh, I do like that idea. It means there might be a surprisingly good new addition to the playoffs, assuming they beat the 8th place team. In terms of picking the fighters to make up the team, the remaining one could be the losing fighter with the highest number of kills.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Good fight!

Spermy Smurf posted:

Another arrow flies through the center of the arena, missing everyone.

I love this shot, just because it's as if everyone steps to one side to let the arrow fly past, then gets back to fighting/being horribly murdered (delete as applicable).

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Oh, Ghost-Trees was so close to getting his first kill. Shame he's still a worthless unblooded.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Most of it from one bet which I can only assume was a misclick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Ablative posted:

Hemmorhage. You were close.

Haemorrhage, if you live in a country with Real Spelling.