Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Entertaining and brutal. And it means that we have a new kill leader! A hat-trick means that Chaz Steadyfist now has the coveted 'Most killy' blood-spattered jersey with seven kills to his credit, overtaking his teammate Srirarcha Fartstorm Returns, who contents himself in the hallowed company of Albirik, Three Gremlins and Stumpy on the second tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Kill tally is correct and verified, Smurf. You did nothing wrong.

In Like Flynn joins Chaz Steadyfist on 7 kills. I thought one of the all-Dwarf team might join them, but with Qwarf taking an early fatality and Dusseldwarf only racking up one skull taken, Dusseldwarf only gets as far as the 6-kill second tier.

However, the Subterranean Animists stand head and shoulders above the rest, their perfect 4-0 record giving them 16 kills, two ahead of Worse Munki.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

grobbendonk posted:

I'm almost embarrassed by this as Flynn's skill level is pathetic. He's kill stealing like a pro, but I think it shows the effectiveness of picks

Interesting thought. Let's go over the builds of the kill leaders.

7 kills:
In Like Flynn (grobbendonk) is a male dwarf. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper helm, an iron mail shirt, a copper breast plate, copper greaves, copper gauntlets, and copper high boots.
Chaz Steadyfist (Segway Rave) is a male werewolf. He wields an iron halberd and a wooden shield and wears a silver helm, leather armor, and leather gauntlets.

6 kills:
Dusseldwarf (decoy badger) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron spear and a wooden shield and wears iron gauntlets and iron low boots.
SRIRACHA FARTSTORM RETURNS (Pittsburgh Lambic) is a male elf. He wields a silver war hammer and wears leather leggings and leather high boots.
Stumpy (Mygna) is a female dwarf. She wields an iron great axe and wears no armor.
Three Gremlins in a Blender (AJ_Impy) is a male strangler. He wields an iron pick and a wooden shield and wears a copper cap, copper gauntlets, and copper low boots.
Albrik the Insignificant (Tiler Kiwi) is a male kobold. He wields an iron battleaxe and wears leather leggings and leather low boots.

Weapon choices: Two picks, two axes (one battle, one great), a halberd and a spear, all of iron. A hammer of silver. A very eclectic mix.
Armour materials: Four wooden shields, three in leather armor, two in copper armor, two in iron, of which one in both iron and copper; one in silver alongside their leather, and one naked.
Armour layout: Three with head protection, four without. One full layered coverage. Two with brass knuckles and hobnail boots for better kicks and punches. Two with leather modesty coverings below the waist, one with leather above the waist, and one eschewing armour altogether. The full gamut from tank to berserker, with very little in common.

Looking at it, I think we've got the balance right: Nothing stands out above the rest as optimal, with the possible exception of piercing over bludgeoning.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Hmm. I'm going to dispute that bleedout going to Jameson. I usually go by the last to land a significant hit, and that was Unthrottle, who both disarmed Goku and caused him to give in to pain. Up to that point Goku was active, after that point he did nothing and nothing was done to him until he died. Anyone want to weigh in on this?

For the time being, I'm crediting this to Unthrottle on my kill tally sheet.

Edit: Also, in one of the most unexpected upsets, someone with no hands and no kills and a team with only one kill takes out one of the deadliest fighters in the tournament before he can add to his massive kill tally. This really is anyone's tournament.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 24, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

What happens if no one touches him for 45 or 50 lines? That's what happened here. Do a highlight-all in your browser. You'll see how they pound him to dirt, cut off limbs, and then no one touches him for like 5 minutes.

He bled to death, being untouched.

Yeah, this is a bit of an edge case. Multiple lacerations, a massive gory facial mutilation, multiple finger removals, two lower limb removals and then nothing for ages. Can we tell whom the game awarded the kill to?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Both counting methods are reasonable, logical and internally consistent with what we've each done before, and the kill is flagged on both tallies, on the report and on my unofficial spreadsheet, should people disagree.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

I'm a regular House.

Since neither Jameson nor Unthrottle are Werewolves, we can categorically say it's not Lupus.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Kill tallies updated, no changes to the top of the leaderboard.

7 kills: Chaz Steadyfist (Worse Munki), In like Flynn (Hell's Dentists).

6 kills: Stumpy (2 Chicks with dicks), Sriracha Fartstorm Returns (Worse Munki), Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary Skeletons), Albirik the Insignificant (Worker Cooperative), Dusseldwarf (Subterranean Animists).

Onto round 5!

Tie of the round is Worse Munki versus Subterranean Animists, the leaders of Boatmurdered and Bronzestabbed divisions and indeed of the whole competition, with Worse Munki ahead of Spooky Scary Skeletons by a single point of kill difference amongst the 3-1 records.

Looking at the first round of interdivisional fights, we see some intriguing trends. Bronzestabbed, home of the overall leaders, lost every other match. Is the position of the all-dwarf Animists inflated by poor opposition? Boatmurdered, on the other hand, won three matches, only the Heavyweight Horrorshow falling short, ironically against the Animists. Gemclod and Syrupleaf ended up with honors even, 2 wins and 2 losses each, but with the Skeletons earning bragging rights over the Plump Helmets, it will be interesting to see if the Worker Cooperative can salvage Syrupleaf honor against the Gemclod leaders.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

jon joe posted:

The answer is yes.

You've barely staked over a tenth of your dorfbux on that. I've set every penny against it. Let's see which team pleases Armok more.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

jon joe posted:

Eh, that's okay too. Mostly, I just want BLOOD!

Amen! Armok demands it!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
With that one fight, This Bites just doubled their kill tally, and Knife Toseeu earns a hallowed place upon the second tier of the most killy. Congratulations, Cool Rad Awesome Pals, you have demonstrated your utter crapulence in the face of all opposition. (Except Lightly Whipped. You're not even good at being the worst team.)

Edit:

Ramc posted:

Not the last I hope. Also, after the tourney I want to see the Krying Kobold and Bad Munki(Coward)'s builds side by side. I want to see why the first one barely finds his mark, and the second is the goddamn terminator.

Bad Munki (Coward) is a deadly sniper whose team can take advantage of their lethal aim through bloodthirsty aggression. The Krying Bowbold isn't.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 27, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

Krying was only using common sense when picking his targets. That elf knocked out a yeti with one punch. Can you imagine what he'd do to a kobold?

The phrase 'Injured part collapses into gore' springs to mind.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
It's more a lack of support. The rest of her team consists of a comedy boxing insect, a pile of armour with a brace of cheap hammers, and a guy with a whip. Bad Munki (Coward), on the other hand, has teammates with a pick, a halberd and a bigger, heavier hammer. The Skeletons follow up the deadly opening salvo from their archer by taking off limbs and causing mayhem, buying time for Bad Munki (Coward) to continue raining death. The Pals follow up the opening salvo by getting squished and not distracting the enemy from incoming fire.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

I just mean getting eight teams of four people to agree on their preferred lineups and get them in in a timely manner.

Set it during initial team creation. first come first served on choice.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Welp. :(

knuckledusters and skullcap surprisingly effective posted:

Combat Liberalism (Worker Coop) slashes Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary) in the second right hand with her large copper dagger, but the attack is deflected by Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary)'s small copper right gauntlet!
Unthrottle the Axolotl (Worker Coop) lashes Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary) in the first left lower arm with her copper scourge, but the attack is deflected by Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary)'s small copper left gauntlet!
Unthrottle the Axolotl (Worker Coop) lashes Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary) in the first left hand with her copper scourge, but the attack is deflected by Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary)'s small copper left gauntlet!
Unthrottle the Axolotl (Worker Coop) lashes Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary) in the head with her copper scourge, but the attack is deflected by Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary)'s small copper cap!

Wasn't expecting that, they're mainly there to make opportunity attacks better. Then again, the weapons are also copper.

Albrik the Insignificant is pretty drat terrifying The axe-wielding Kobold is now out in front with 8 kills, enough to solo two entire teams, as many kills as This Bites have managed across the whole tournament.

The second tier is now 7 kills, with Three Gremlins in a Blender stepping up alongside Chaz Steadyfist and In Like Flynn.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A first win for a Tarantino Film, though they remain rooted to the bottom of Syrupleaf. Snarls Barkley's hat trick pulls her ahead in one match from teammate Uma Thurman's tally for the tournament, and until now she was the only Film with any heads taken. Still, can't argue, losing both hands and then ripping the arm off one enemy with her teeth, then chomping a minotaur's face until it passed out is :black101: as all hell.

No changes at the top of the kill boards, but the ranks of the killless unbloodied shrank significantly.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 1, 2015

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

And Antwoman has had what? 5 limbs bitten off so far this tournament?

Must be a Honeypot ant.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Lightly Whipped are now an impressive zero for five, despite managing to paralyse one of the opposition. They failed to add to their tally of two kills, by far the least productive team in the tournament. A gelding strike indeed. Stumpy joins Albrik on eight kills at the top of the leaderboard, Richard Kyanka rises to the third tier.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Evenly matched on paper, but the Arena isn't made out of paper. 3 Wolf Moon is now on 6 kills.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

GreyPowerVan posted:

Thanks... :smith:

How the gently caress are you biting with a broken neck and spine :eng99:

Jaw muscles. If Three Gremlins hadn't tried to murder-eat after getting his spine broken in his second fight I would have been most disappointed. :colbert:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Turquoise Tonic joins the hallowed 7-kill second tier, A Furry, Farmer and two cows wallow in the mire of patheticness alongside Lightly Whipped on two kills, no wins.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
A first defeat and a whitewash at that for Subterranean Animists, with Worse Munki overtaking them in total kills. both Chaz Steadyfist and Sriracha Fartstorm Returns ascend to the highest tier of eight kills apiece, but no-one has as yet claimed their ninth despite numerous potentials in that last fight alone.

The last fight of the round will see Hell's Dentists versus the Plump Helmets: In like Flynn needs two kills to emerge as the sole 9-for, whereas Dory would need to execute the whole opposing side by himself to claim top spot.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ramc posted:

Well you heard the man, mydad. :colbert:

drat it. The man in this case made a fundamental error. Dory needs to kill everyone by herself. Sorry.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
In like Flynn has done it! After five rounds, we have a new leader on the kill tally, that martial trance taking him right to the top of the standings. The leaderboard after 5 rounds:

9 kills: In like Flynn (Hell's Dentists, Gemclod)
As many kills as Team 13: Heavyweight Horrorshow.

8 kills: Stumpy (2 Chicks with Dicks, Boatmurdered), Chaz Steadyfist, Sriracha Fartstorm Returns (both Worse Munki, Boatmurdered), Albrik the Insignificant (Worker Cooperative, Syrupleaf)
As many kills as This Bites.

7 kills: Three Gremlins in a Blender (Spooky Scary Skeletons, Gemclod), Turquoise Tonic (Team Laser Explosion, Syrupleaf)

6 kills: Knife Toseeu (This Bites, Boatmurdered) Richard Kyanka (2 Chicks with Dicks, Boatmurdered), Dory (The Plump Helmets, Syrupleaf), Dusseldwarf (Subterranean Animists, Bronzestabbed) 3 Wolf Moon Shirt (Go Big and/or Go Home, Bronzestabbed)
As many kills as Cool Rad Awesome Pals or A Tarantino Film.

5 kills: Candy Corn Tiger (Spooky Scary Skeletons, Gemclod), Antwoman (the Petting Zoo, Gemclod) James LargeSausage (The Plump Helmets, Syrupleaf) Jameson the Unruly (Worker Cooperative, Syrupleaf) Qwarf (Subterranean Animists, Bronzestabbed)

4 kills: Eight Gladiators.

3 kills: Three Gladiators.

2 kills: Nine Gladiators
As many kills as Lightly Whipped or a Furry, Farmer and 2 Cows.

1 kill: Sixteen Gladiators

The unblooded: 11 disgraces to their profession.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Name them, call out their owners so we can all point and laugh.

They don't deserve names yet. One belongs to the Petting Zoo, one besmirches the Spooky Scary Skeletons, one befouls Cool Rad Awesome Pals, one blights A Tarantino Film, two cripple a Furry, Farmer and two Cows, two execrate the name of This Bites and three render Lightly Whipped even more of the ultimate laughing stock.

Until any of them kill someone, they are dead to me. :colbert:

(Except my teammate. They alone have merit amongst the unblooded.)

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Frozen_flame posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Hypocrit Impy refuses to disown unbloodied on his team. What does this mean for the statisitician's reputation?! CLICK HERE FOR MORE

My reputation as a staunch backer of my teammates through thick and thin is undiminished. Skellies before Statistics. :colbert:

Pickled Tink posted:

Without names, how can we mock them? (Said as a person who's gladiator only barely escaped the unblooded category last round).

Mock them as the nameless dregs (Or nameless Clods, Matul Remrit stylee) who have not yet earned their name in blood. :black101:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Bad Munki posted:

Yay, I'm not the worst! But someone sullying my good name is. :colbert:

See, this is why my teammate hasn't killed yet. They have invoked the curse of Bad Munki.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
I got deadlier.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Maugrim posted:

Bets placed. Keep on betting against Laser Explosion!

Gotta say I am enjoying this tournament format. Just hope the commissioners won't get too bored with running fights by round 18.

As requested, every penny I have against Team Laser Explosion.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Never in the annals of Dwarf Fortress Arena history has so little effectiveness been demonstrated by so many. Still, Roland Gorchik pulls off the very rare clean sweep, four kills drawing him level with teammate Knife toseeu and taking him up into the ranks of actually getting noticed on 6 kills. Jupis Tooki Mcgannel earns his escape from the despised ranks of the unblooded with a brace, which doubles Lightly Whipped's kill tally for the whole tournament. They're still nought for six, but at least they've now killed a teams worth of opponents.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Excellent. Dwarfhalla applauds your dedication and commitment to bloodletting. :black101:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Subterranean Animists are the first team to make the landmark of 20 kills: The all-dwarf gimmick seems to be working for them. Dusseldwarf reaches the heights of 8 kills total, whilst Baldwin overtakes Qwarf on his way to 6 kills.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Folks, please be upstanding for Chaz Steadyfist, who has reclaimed the 'Most Killy' blood-spattered jersey with ten kills! While you're up, offer a respectful nod to Sriracha Fartstorm Returns, only one kill behind his teammate. Dwarfhalla, honour your frontrunners!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Looks like the spotlight was on the wrong top-tier killmaster, as In Like Flynn was ahead of Albrik going into the bout, and that kill means he's challenging Chaz Steadyfist at the top of the standings.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
With that hilarious half-a-week win, the Plump Helmets are the most impressively even team, 20 kills on the board and all their gladiators within 2 kills of each other. Meanwhile, every single one of the Petting Zoo gets a kill... except for their useless unblooded. Shame, shame!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Want one of my daggers? I'm not doing poo poo with them.

Tradition dictates donating it at high speed pointy end first repeatedly.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
It's even better than that. Bad Munki (Coward) is blooded! :D Every single member of the Skeletons has earned the privilege of being named a gladiator, worthy of honour and respect. Candy Corn Tiger overtakes Three Gremlins as the most killy skeleton, 8 kills to 7.

Intriguingly, the most lethal member on each team going into the fight was the first to die on both sides.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Also, Three Gremlins' indestructible head was the MVP there. After getting KOed, it withstood:

9 stabs with a spear
6 buckler smashes
9 tendons torn
6 arteries opened
2 skull fractures

Before finally getting cloven asunder. Fifteen attacks, tying up half the opfor, giving Tiger, Tash and BM (C) the time they needed to kill Turquoise and cripple Anthony.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
People seemed to be forgetting that A Tarantino Film are also really, really bad. Hardly an upset, though kudos to the furries for lifting both their unblooded out of the quagmire.

Seven unblooded still blight the tournament, with one third of all matches played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Hey now. Take that back! My team had a 2 day slogfest against them.

I dont even know who won but I assume it wasnt us.

So that would make us... superbad?

Sub-bad.