Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Decoy Badger posted:

Renamed Team 16 to something thematic, given the species.

I'm fine with this. :v: Do we want to strategize as a team or anything like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Holy poo poo, I bagged a yeti! :allears: Good job, team!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Decoy Badger posted:

Huh, I honestly thought Braun would be the first dwarf to die. She always got injured first and the worst in every other fight.

It's my punishment for putting a small bet against us. Never again!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ramc posted:

Rampant drug trance abuse continues. Qwarf? More like Lance Armstrong! Flynn? More like Barry Bonds!

We have no comment on this at this time.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Haha, goddamn. Glad to see someone else take us down!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

A brilliant display for dwarven teamwork and eventual mercy!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Sun Tzulander the Philomodel (Keru) is a male elf. He is empty handed and wears a leather cap, a silver mail shirt, silver gauntlets, and platinum low boots.

Is the offending line I think

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Captaindirtnap posted:

Yeah, this is a pretty cool thing. Thanks Dark Off.

Hopefully Decoy and C7ty1 make their way in.

Will do so later this evening.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

Damouse or whatever and one of the Animists are the only two that need to upgrade their poo poo.

CT2K1 or whatever his name is. Christ I suck with names.

Everyone else locked into their builds, or are some of you still experimenting?

Yo. Yeah, I'll get that up in a short bit. Thanks for the reminder.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758791

Something I lost at! :v:

It's a weekly writing flash fiction contest thing where the critiques are pretty brutal/honest. I highly recommend it if you have an interest / an interest in getting better at that kind of thing.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spermy Smurf posted:

That thread looks fuckin great. Bunch of assholes in there swearing around and stuff.

It feels like home, except for the whole "write a story about a man agonizing over a specific kind of purple potato set in South America and you can't use commas" thing

That's brutal.

Yeah, sometimes there are flash rules and poo poo that can make everyone / (or in this particular case) one person's life writing a story a little more complicated.

It's great fun, and the judges (which change weekly) aren't afraid to tear you a new one if you gently caress up and pointing out how you did. This week is still open if you want to sign up! :v: edit: It's TD's 200th week, and the judges would ""love"" if we hit at least 50 signups this week. And new blood is always ""loved"" plenty!

Anyway, I think I'm good for my points.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maugrim posted:

Well I did vote for double elimination and this is why...

Grats to GBa/oGH! Here's hoping Laser Explosion can also swing an upset.

Well goddamn. Grats, GBa/oGH!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Braun getting taken out early sucked and did us no favor. Looks like we chose wrong on the direction to go in: re - sharper spears. Oh well!

Will losers at this point get a shot at the loser's 'bracket', whoever was running that? :v:

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I'm so glad Go Big Didn't Go Home won! after beating us in the quarterfinals!!

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mr. Vile posted:

No kills for Panty, but he mangled a werewolf and a dwarf pretty good. And...somehow did this:

:psyduck:

quote:

1660.Yeti 2 stabs Dwarf 5 in the head with his {large bronze dagger}, tearing the muscle, fracturing the skull and tearing the brain through the small adamantine helm!
1661.A tendon in the skull has been torn!
1662.Dwarf 5 has been knocked unconscious!
1663.Dwarf 5 has been struck down.

rip qwarf (I think?) - stabbed a bunch of people, then the first injury was fatal

e: Iron spear, adam helm? Yeah, that's Q. rip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

jon joe posted:

Watch someone else make another team of 4 spear + shield dwarves :effort:

Hey. :v: To be fair, we never really super coordinated to do the spears thing. 'Spears are good, right?' and so it was, pretty much. I don't think we even planned the 4x dwarf thing??