Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Nintendo Kid posted:

Shot through the heart

And you're to late/
You give debate/
A bad name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

dj_clawson posted:

... I don't believe in the second amendment. I mean, I understand it's a law, but I don't think it should be. Where's my candidate?

fishmech 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

NotWearingPants posted:

No, this is a major point. For Hillary to compare her situation of working through college to what students face to today is completely out of touch and insulting.

Her solution, student make-work jobs, is typical of the republican mindset, and typical of the Clinton's actions on welfare during Bill's presidency. There is no evidence at all that results would be better if students were forced to spend an additional 10 hours week doing a low wage job. It's an off-the-top-of-her-head suggestion that accomplishes nothing except appeasing people that hate any form of government assistance.

I'm really not sure how it's insulting to point out that the experience of her generation is no longer applicable?

She literally articulated the problem with tuition hikes and student loans and people are acting as if she had said exactly what she was arguing against.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

NotWearingPants posted:

Did anyone need the problem articulated?

The problem is her solution is more of the same: throw some grants at lower income people and continue to milk the gently caress out of everybody else.

Yes, actually, that's kind of what stating your position on something that concerns a portion of your coalition to the country as a whole in a national debate is.

Attack her solutions by all means, but don't go "you didn't build that" x 2 by pretending she said the opposite of what she did.

e: Like imagine if Bernie said "America's problem with race is the result of white supremacy" and then people attacked him for saying that the problem was economics.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Is anyone here actually believe any of the candidates on the right have a shot at winning? Against Hillary? Against Bernie?

loving mittens was more impressive than this lot.

Honestly, Trump is their only hope, and I honestly think he has a glass jaw and will evaporate before a less friendly crowd. The dude cannot take a joke and will not react well to being burned by a genuine rival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

ChairMaster posted:

I'm genuinely curious as to why a black person would be happy about Obama's presidency so far. As far as I can tell he's done nothing to alleviate the problems that black people face in modern America and plenty to make those problems worse.

I don't feel like an 85% approval rating doesn't mean poo poo when you consider that 90% of all people are stupid as poo poo regardless of their skin color.

Basically, there is no black person who has the slightest difficulty picking up on the racism in the Republican stonewalling of Obama.

• Locked thread