Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

looks like the geniuses behind the Loot Crate™ ahve come up with their next big hit: the Anime Loot Crate™

The Geniuses at Loot Crate™ posted:

A new monthly mystery subscription crate service from the makers of Loot Crate featuring an assortment of figures, collectibles, manga, apparel, accessories, snacks and more from some of your favorite ANIME and MANGA series!

https://www.lootcrate.com/anime

all i can say is MY WALLET!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

oppai shirts, titty mousepads, and underage figurines of boats as far as the eye can see

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

How much of it will be Chinese bootlegs?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's some strong competition out there

https://www.viewster.com/omakase/

lootcrate experts, what are your opinions on the best purchase

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I need monthly anime merchandise and I need it now.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

why the hell would you pay someone to send you bargain bin poo poo at a huge markup?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Condiv posted:

why the hell would you pay someone to send you bargain bin poo poo at a huge markup?

Its more convenient than driving to a convention to buy my bargain bin poo poo at a huge markup.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Its more convenient than driving to a convention to buy my bargain bin poo poo at a huge markup.

you can just order specific bargain bin stuff online at a huge mark-up, and not pay extra for random stuff you don't care about.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

アニメクレート

Macdoo
Jul 24, 2012

Bad Tabletop Opinions Haver
Lootcrate has a track record of being 80% trash. Obviously I hope this one isn't poo poo but if it turns out to be some lame badges, a piece of Attack on Titan merch / one of those ugly one-shape-fits-all models, a themed lanyard and volume 1 of a 30 part manga each week I wouldn't be surprised. The Omakase one seems more promising.

I am keeping my eye on it though.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

no

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What kind of retard even subscribe to those things?

"Oh great, I got the first volume of a manga I'm not interested in, a tshirt I'm never gonna wear because it's not my size/horrible/will make people think I'm a pedophile, and a very badly made figurine of a character that isn't my waifu, all that for only $29.99 ! What a deal"

Seriously, if you need that much anime, just subscribe to amazon prime and buy 30 bucks worth of mangas and poo poo every month. I literally don't understand how people can be that dumb.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

What kind of retard even subscribe to those things?

"Oh great, I got the first volume of a manga I'm not interested in, a tshirt I'm never gonna wear because it's not my size/horrible/will make people think I'm a pedophile, and a very badly made figurine of a character that isn't my waifu, all that for only $29.99 ! What a deal"

Seriously, if you need that much anime, just subscribe to amazon prime and buy 30 bucks worth of mangas and poo poo every month. I literally don't understand how people can be that dumb.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all I'm saying is that if you truly love your waifu, you wouldn't subscribe to something that essentially forces you to cheat on her

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

some people just dont know the joy of coming home after a long day of working in IT where you make six figures and seeing a non-descript brown box sitting on your porch. pulling your car into your driveway, the butterflies building in your stomach because you cant wait to see what the geniuses at lootcrate.com have sent you this month. picking up the box and walking in your house, your so excited that you just sit down right there in the entryway, you pull out your leatherman multitool and very carefully begin the unboxing. there is really no better feeling

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

misato katsuragi comes home after a long day working at the NERV facility, and rips the packing tape off the box her Loot Crate™ was shipped in while making her eponymous PSHUUUUU sound like she just took a sip of beer

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

some people just dont know the joy of coming home after a long day of working in IT where you make six figures and seeing a non-descript brown box sitting on your porch. pulling your car into your driveway, the butterflies building in your stomach because you cant wait to see what the geniuses at lootcrate.com have sent you this month. picking up the box and walking in your house, your so excited that you just sit down right there in the entryway, you pull out your leatherman multitool and very carefully begin the unboxing. there is really no better feeling
So basically for people with no friends to receive presents so they pay for a service to get that experience?

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Can I pay to get friends with better taste?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

misato katsuragi comes home after a long day working at the NERV facility, and rips the packing tape off the box her Loot Crate™ was shipped in while making her eponymous PSHUUUUU sound like she just took a sip of beer

This.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The brown bag convention vendor experience now delivered to your front door.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

sailor jupiter keyring with a broken leg and vampire teeth

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

segadreamcast filled with dead maggots

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Bad Seafood posted:

The brown bag convention vendor experience now delivered to your front door.

:agreed:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

OTOH if they do the category thing, unlike 30bux brown bag booths, I'll get 2 crates on righteous baps month.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Is it cool if I just throw my money into a fire instead

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

and then you see you got a edgard ilric action figure, a booklet on how to report your loot to the irs, and a pack of temp tats of ping pong club characters and you die a little more inside

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lootcrates come in a box, not a crate.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope Ashens reviews this one like he does with the regular Lootcrate. Spoilers: it's usually poo poo(though the last few months have been decent).

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

hosed up if true

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it would make more sense if you actually had some idea what you were getting, like omakase. but i guess it's harder to make money if you're upfront about selling stuff nobody wants

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

The Devil Tesla posted:

Da fuq

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Eponymous?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pen-pen has already taken a dump in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

do penguins poop like birds

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

yes

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

penguins are birds you fucken idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

haha. this is full of things i remember from the past!!!!!!!!!!

• Locked thread