Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Sham bam bamina! posted:

your parents didn't have the combination of self-indulgence and entertainment industry clout to saturate media with the idea that the '70s were the Coolest Decade Ever twenty years after the fact and convince 13-year-olds everywhere that they had been robbed of something meaningful by growing up with pokemon instead of pet rocks so they would later try to fill that perceived void by desperately pretending that they were around for it all the first time and making lovely carpenters-core or whatever the equivalent would be in this tortured parallel scenario i've walled myself into

idk man, i think it's parents who had kids young and just wish they were still kids instead, so parents project things of their childhood onto their kids, who then grow up wishing they lived their parent's lives. turns out any decade looks cool and not as boring as this current one if you compress it all to a couple memories, movies, and songs

i've heard people reminisce about the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s. middleschoolers are currently reminiscing about the 00s, perhaps some of this is them trying to fit in with an older age group strawman. im sure in a few years middleschoolers will be reminiscing about the 10s

a lot of bad poo poo gets forgotten and thrown away over the years so all that remains of that era reflects better than the reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

echinopsis posted:

the late 60s were objectively the best becaus of LSD

lsd was everywhere in the 90s

• Locked thread