Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
vaporwave is not internet joke music :confused: you're thinking of the dozens of parodies and clones of MacIntosh Plus - Floral Shoppe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I like vaporwave and I listen to it on the reg and I don't understand neither the serious analysis nor the meme tards in yt comments

it's haunting dream-like funk music, I don't see what's so complicated about it. yeah funk remixes are kinda a low bar but there are artists who can make it work

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I guess I don't understand all this anxiety on the "why" of a niche genre. a pretty easy listening genre too, it's not like we're talking harsh noise wall

I mean did anyone ever ask why devo made muzak covers of their own songs, because the reason is pretty obvious

• Locked thread