Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

vaperwave. linux is the operating system of vapers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

I thought it was made by people my age who grew up with that aesthetic around them, rather than younger people trying to fake it.

And then after a while vapourwave becomes the reference itself not the 80s poo poo it stole from

the internet means that "time" and "space" are less of a barrier to these things, there is more choice in the cultural artefacts you consume. but in any case it's internet joke music. that's it. many trends and scenes began in irony, that's fine. "no wave" was ironic. the amount of words people have wrote in think pieces are the domain of idiot academics. it's not worth thinking too much about.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

I'm gonna slow LP down by five bpm, package it as a single sound cloud file and release it as "Capitalist Robot Future Mall" on my label Crumpled Sales Receipts it will be $$$$$$

or

"I Cry Every Night Because I'm Not James Ferraro" written in kanji

hackbunny posted:

vaporwave is not internet joke music :confused: you're thinking of the dozens of parodies and clones of MacIntosh Plus - Floral Shoppe

lol yes it is. the origin, which was being stupidly discussed above, was a joke. it can also be more than a joke - things move past origin, origin isn't even terribly important.

• Locked thread