Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
ess links to music that noone will click on

also feel free to ask me questions about music and i will do my best to answer them also any others who want to answer questions are welcome to answer the questions themselves or ask their own questions. i hope this is better or i give up o nthis forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
man i sure love music PSYCH haha time for some music links motheruccker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ajhzlq42f0

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
heres some trivia: did you know that classical music makes up most of the grammy awards? they're also generally quite sought after and don't have the stigma of the glitzy awards which can be controversial (see daft punk's album win a while ago, most people think it's a buy from their earlier albums like discovery and homework)

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

why arent theremins taken seriously they are prett. cool iytai

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I feel like ur holding urself hostage OP., which is really unhealthy way to start out a new thread, even in GBS where all the threads are really unhealthy.

Also, I like post-hardcore music probably the best. Like Smart Went Crazy is a goodband for me to listen to.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

i want a good study music with no lyrics what should i listen to?????

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
post some links people I swear to GOD I will click on all of them

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Ork of Fiction posted:

I feel like ur holding urself hostage OP., which is really unhealthy way to start out a new thread, even in GBS where all the threads are really unhealthy.

Also, I like post-hardcore music probably the best. Like Smart Went Crazy is a goodband for me to listen to.

hello, i hope im not coming off that way, noone will miss me. just have no idea how this thread could be breaking rules and i hope it isnt

is this "hardcore" the electronica metal fusion thing or the screamo thing cus ive heard some refer to the latter as the former before

lonesomedwarf posted:

why arent theremins taken seriously they are prett. cool iytai

they probably are in certain countries. like the recorder is a serious instrument in many parts of europe.

ExplosionFactory
Oct 4, 2007
birds know everything about music.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

Happy Bear Suit posted:

it depends on what your taste is and how much you can get sucked into melodies. try looking up "ambient music" for a more modern take on this sort of thing, there aren't usually any melodies to get sucked into so it works quite well as background noise

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
alternatively there are always really really long piano albums on youtube such as complete collections of chopin's nocturnes, those work pretty well as background noise for a lot of people. not for me though!

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Cantaloupe posted:

You better click on all of them

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

owl milk posted:

is this "hardcore" the electronica metal fusion thing or the screamo thing cus ive heard some refer to the latter as the former before

Hardcore started with like Bad Brains or minor threat. So, uh, fast hard punk with lots of changes and jazz sensibilities, but then post-wise, so you throw in that lurching Spiderland poo poo with guitars workgin across each other and you can do time signatures outside 4/4. I guess.. Pixies is a popular example of post-hardcore?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
The music you listen to is just godawful terrible crap with no redeeming qualities.

However, the music I listen to is very good.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Ork of Fiction posted:

I guess.. Pixies is a popular example of post-hardcore?

I actually like this label way better than "alternative".

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
i wil have to listen to some of it sometime.

did you guys know there is a job where you listen to a piece of music and say whether its a rip-off of something or not? it's called forensic musicology

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

owl milk posted:

heres some trivia: did you know that classical music makes up most of the grammy awards?

Classical music? Or do you mean scores for movies. :colbert:

Happy Bear Suit posted:

MF Doom's Special Herbs series.
Also John Fahey is cool and he doesn't say poo poo.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
i don't have any opinions about music but I like this thread. good job op!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

keytars are pretty cool. Would like more front and center keytar players in bands.

Happy Bear Suit posted:

classical music is good study music. Or try some different piano covers of other songs/bands you might like. a lot of it is poo poo, but some of it is pretty chill for reading and studying.

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 15, 2015

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

Attitude Indicator posted:

keytars are pretty cool. Would like more front and center keytar players in bands.

classical music is good study music. Or try some different piano covers of other songs/bands you might like. a lot of it is poo poo, but some of it is pretty chill for reading and studying.

thyere called gitboards

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I like Hector Berlioz

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I think a lot of pop music is cool and good, just like there are good things about every genre

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

music is nice on the ears

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
music owns except if its music you like, then it sucks

well bye

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
pink floyd goddamn owns

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Did u know that all contemporary classical music is bad? Schönberg, more like shut the gently caress up-berg

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
All music is terrible. Grow up people.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i like this music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGAJzraCbPQ

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

my favourite band is called master musicians of bukkake

i have made many poor life decisions

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gonna listen to this at home later, SV.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

milkingmycow posted:

Gonna listen to this at home later, SV.

i hope u like it 2

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
gently caress you im just gonna post some vaporwave no one will click on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8LbBcC7bD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meP-GLKPekk

unzercharlie
Aug 23, 2005

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Delicate Steve

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
im a big music fan.

i like to play music during the day that is appropriate for whatever situation i am doing. then i go home and make a mixtape of the day and give each thing that happened a witty name. i add these to a vast library of daily OSTs to my life.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

i have a guitar and its p fun to play even if i dont really know what im doing

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Roy posted:

Did u know that all contemporary classical music is bad? Schönberg, more like shut the gently caress up-berg

Schoenberg....contemporary....................?

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
drive invented dubstep

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Cantaloupe posted:

https://www.goatse.cx
edit: what the gently caress, that's not goatse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

music is like the pizza of sounds

• Locked thread