Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Out of all those shows I've only seen From the New World so this will be epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

When I was first getting into anime, it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out Mononoke had nothing to do with Princess Mononoke. I'm excited to finally figure out what it's all about.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I've begun watching Ayakashi and just wanna say this OP is really dope.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Wow that was actually quite sad. I don't know why I didn't expect that, these kinds of spirit-possession stories usually have tragic beginnings.

That was very well done. The filter or whatever it was over the whole show looked so cool, and the blurry effect during some of the scenes went well with it. Also when it comes to spooky things, I love most of all listening to the sound effects and music. I especially liked the sound of the papers being attached to the walls for some reason, and then transforming images on them too.

The second act actually creeped me out a bit when the lady of the clan started freaking out and the dead girls mouth opened up. And then the third act was pretty badass. The medicine peddler seems like a more hardcore version of Ginko, got the cool medicine backpack mixed in with supernatural mojo. Good stuff, can't wait for the proper show now.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

I want to hug my cats now :(

I had no idea what this was about so watching it with a cat in my lap was quite fun :3:

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Mononoke's OP is not as dope, but still interesting and fun.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I see we're not holding any punches in the first arc. Whole lotta baby killing to start things off.

I really dig the facial expressions in this show. Also love the design of the medicine peddler (does he get a name?). He's really creepy looking for being the hero of our story. Dude definitely looks like a vampire.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Tell me... what do you truly fear?

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

That was a nice boat to go along with a nice story.

I just love the music in this show. The parts where evil starts coming in sounds like a boss fight theme or something.

Also every time the ED music starts playing, I swear it's some other song based on the piano. I don't know where it's from but it's going to bug me until I figure out what it reminds me of.

That epilogue was mysterious as gently caress... wonder if it'll come back or just one of those things you're meant to think about.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

The scenes where the sword unsheathes are my favorites I think.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

almost forgot it was mononoke night, here we go

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I liked seeing him go 1v1 with the masked guy, was a nice contrast to how he usually solves problems.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

drat this may be my favorite one so far. i love how the medicine seller interacts with all the side characters, and the three stooges from this arc were really fun to watch. seeing the medicine seller mess with all of them was cool and i'm glad it turned out they were already dead to begin with.

also did not see that twist coming at all, i love how i'm always surprised by how the mononoke turns out.

seconding what dogsicle said about the sound, the initial murder of jissonji was really well done. i also had a good laugh at the cut to breaking the wooden log :)

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

final arc hype!

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

ya know i made it all the way to about half way through the final episode before i realized "hey wait, this is definitely not the same time period as the rest of the series..."

that's a great idea to use for the final arc. really shows what the vendor's been saying about how mononoke are a part of life and always will be. that was a pretty strong arc to close out the series. we got a nice callback to the show that spawned this one by revisiting the goblin cat, and it came packaged in a nice murder-mystery which i enjoy. overall great series, and very unique too.

also i'm pretty sure that was the OP song that ichikawa was listening to while writing her article, which was a cool easter egg.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

This yamishibai show is some good horror. Watching the first season atm.

Everytime it scares me though the ED comes in with Hatusne Miku singing and I just have to laugh.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

gently caress jump scares

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

OK done with season 1 now. That was proper scary I thought. There were a couple episodes that I think were a little funny or not that scary. The toilet episode was gross as heck. And screw any story involving creepy girls with long black hair!! Those are my kryptonite.

Tomorrow when I watch season 2 I know to keep the lights on....

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Okay so season 2 of Yamishibai was not as good as season 1. I think the only ones that stood out were the puppeteer episode and the wall woman.

I watched Pupipo as well and that was really good! It was incredibly adorable and I thought it would be just cutesy ghost stuff the whole way through. The last 5 episodes were cool but man that took a turn I wasn't expecting. It got pretty real at the end there but it was super sweet.

Shinsekai Yori is in my top 3 all time shows so I'm hyped for the rewatch. I'll start it tomorrow I think.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

The soundtrack is even better than I remember.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyjkbb_wareta-ringo-full-version-romaiji_music

I love, love, love this ED. I usually don't care about them and skip them (even more so than OPs) but I make sure to listen to this one every single time. I was a little sad it didn't have an OP when I first watched but I've come around to it. Showing the credits over the beginning of the episode fits the atmosphere much more IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

I'm glad knorth is keeping this thread alive. Once I finish SSY I'm sure I'll post about it. It's nice seeing another person watch it for the first time.

• Locked thread