Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

oohhboy posted:

How far back can you pull a MLB/ROM from for iMessage? I have an old iMac DV that ran OSX. Not sure it will boot after all these years of inactivity but that's my problem but worth the efforrt if I can use the numbers.

The earliest Intel Macs are as far back as you can go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

revmoo posted:

GA-Q170M-D3H

No worries about the sound card, I went ahead and just bought a USB toslink box.

Still would like to be able to use my full 8GB of ram though..

What is XMP Memory Profile set to in the bios?

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Armagnac posted:

My Yosemite Build is getting long in the tooth and buggy, (for many reasons). and I pretty much have to rebuild my hackintosh soon. And I'd prefer to do it from scratch, since there were a few things I never got working that I'd like to.

I'm debating whether to rebuild with the Sierra public beta, to be in that world or to go with the last version of Yosemite. I was not, and no one I work with in post, was impressed with Yosemite. Any thoughts? How Solid is Sierra?

Gigabyte Z97 TH model, 32gb Ram, Titan X.

Sierra is pretty solid but I wouldn't run it yet if you rely on the WebDriver.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Armagnac posted:

Hey enMTW, at this point, you mentioned that the TonyMac guide is OK since they're using clover now. Is that ok? or are you planning on an update soon? I decided to just make a El Cap build for now...

EDIT: Also is Multibeast ok now? Or should I still use the Clover Configurator?

Yes, follow the TonyMac guide for now. I am rewriting this guide for Sierra.

Follow the TonyMac in full, including Multibeast, for now.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

I am still working on a successor to this thread. Lots has changed, and I hope to get said successor posted this week. In the mean time, the Tony guide is surprisingly not terrible anymore.

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Sasquatch! posted:

Look forward to it. It might be time to upgrade, so perfect timing!

EDIT: I assume you're saying the Tony guide using Clover versus UniBeast?

The modern Tony guide is Clover only AFAIK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enMTW
Feb 19, 2015

Sphyre posted:

Any update on this?

Making progress. It's a big task, I have to rewrite everything. Stuff keeps changing that requires rewrites on my part.