Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined has a new favorite as of 05:49 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

cryptoclastic posted:

My favorite part of the Michigan/MSU video is how the entire stadium is just standing still, completely shocked.

And there's this

ESPN posted:

As Watts-Jackson lay on a maize "M" in the end zone, his teammates piled above him, he dislocated his hip in the ruckus. He was later carted off the field and taken to a hospital, barely getting a glimpse of the scene he set off.

No one will soon forget it.

A fan at Michigan Stadium had a heart attack on the final play of the game. Paramedics told ESPN that they transported the man to the hospital in stable condition.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

This is one of those where I think, "Why was somebody filming this scene?"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Cage posted:

Lemonheads are terrible, you jerks.

I WILL FIGHT YOU.

I love lemonheads..

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Guy in Budapest crashes one of the 499 $1.5 million Ferrari LaFerrarris "moments after leaving the dealership"*:

*according to the Daily Mail. 5 pixel phone video of the crash at link as well.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Honestly, I can't think of any musical artist who makes such awesome music that an exclusive album by them would be worth $2 million.

Any? Are you kidding me? Even if you give no shits about their music, I wouldn't be surprised if an exclusive, completely unheard by anybody, Beatles album would be worth $2 billion, much less million.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

I don't like using the word "human being" as a pejorative but if an alien ever asked me what kind of behavior other humans would describe as "being a human being" I'd show them this video.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Little poo poo yells at mom for buying WWE 2K15 instead of 2K16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEO77lFlNI

Would be taking the Xbox to Goodwill the next day if my kid talked to me like that.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
It is pretty stupid of the parents to just go "Well, we know he wants 2K16, but that's out of stock, so let's get 2K15! Just as good. He'll never notice." It's the hateful tone and facial expression of his reaction that would set me off, not the fact that he was disappointed. You can tell from mom's tone that she doesn't speak to the kids with respect, either, so no surprise kid picked that up too.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 03:35 on Dec 26, 2015

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So if I meet someone from Scotland, they're going to tell me they're British and not Scottish, right? Riiiight.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
:nms: http://i.imgur.com/Ycc1yfF.gif :nms:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

The Killeroo!

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

Do people really do this?
A Swisher comes wrapped in thick brown paper, certainly not a "leaf". Even the product within is barely tobacco.

(That said, the filling does lend itself to blending with certain herbal products to smoke easier) :catdrugs:

Yes. Swishers are just a wink-wink way for companies to sell flavored blunt wrappers. The people who actually want to smoke a nasty 88 cent gas station cigar as-is buy Black-n-Milds.

Source: worked nights at a convenience store for four goddamn years. My chain didn't sell Zig-Zags or other rolling papers, so the conversation often went like this: "Hey can I get some zig-zags?" "I'm sorry, we don't sell those." "Alright, how about a grape Swisha?"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The only thing anyone should ever say to Breivik is "You murdered 77 people." Just over and over again in response to anything he says.

"May I have some coffee?"
"You murdered 77 people."
"May I use the restroom?"
"Why can't I receive letters?"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

Doesn't really work when he's still proud of it, though.

Would at least remind him that that fact is the only relevant remaining fact to anyone who deals with him and the only thought anyone will ever think about him for the rest of his life.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

spog posted:

I can understand getting fired/blacklisted for loving around with big machines dropping stuff on people, but getting fired for doing the Harlem Shake?

The article mentions that it may have been an excuse to drop more workers at a place that had already recently downsized.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Wanamingo posted:

Bigger

From a tornado in 2013, apparently

Moore's been hit 5 times by major tornadoes in the last 16 years. I believe the one in 1999 boasted the strongest winds ever officially recorded on Earth. 300mph+.

It's a running (dark) joke in Oklahoma.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 02:27 on May 2, 2016

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

What I've always wanted to know. In the videos where people fail horribly trying to do something stupid while they're alone, filming themselves... why do they still upload the video to the internet? I know a lot of them are webcam streams, but some look too high quality for that. If I broke my aquarium filming myself trying to do a stupid pole dance routine, and nobody else saw it I would erase that video before I even cleaned up the mess.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Can't say I haven't been tempted when I'm at some big box store and the only empty parking spots are 20 empty handicap spots or spots half a mile away.

I still don't, though, because I don't want people to yell at me.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

zakharov posted:

What I've learned from FailArmy:

1) Never ride a bike.
2) Never ride a hoverboard
3) Never ride an ATV
4) Never own an RC/drone of any kind
5) Never be a teenager

Being an intoxicated white male near a camera seems to be a risk factor as well.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

A benevolent dictatorship is the best form of government, fwiw.

This is like saying that cold fusion is the best kind of generator, fwiw.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 20:14 on May 18, 2016

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Phanatic posted:

That moment when the brave moderate Muslim who stood up to anti-immigration protesters, earning your viral praise, is revealed to be a Holocaust-denying Jew-hater before she manages to scrub her social media accounts clean of her anti-Semitism:

Not that I automatically doubt you but I'm having trouble finding a source for this other than such notably trustworthy sites as The Daily Mail and Breitbart.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Like all the states with Tea Party governors, my state's infrastructure is crumbling. So I assumed that was the cause when I heard a busy bridge collapsed in town today. Turns out that wasn't directly true, but I'm still guessing the fact that this bridge was built in 1952 and poorly maintained since was a contributing factor.

What happened was that the clearance of the span over the eastbound side is 14'8", while the westbound side is 14'4". Apparently this semi loaded with a boom lift went through the eastbound side earlier today, did whatever he needed to do, and then went back west, probably without a care in the world...

Luckily nobody was injured so we can laugh. I enjoyed the internet commenters' response (our state is facing a $1.3 billion budget shortfall):

"In response to bridge collapse, Governor Fallin announces tax cuts for the energy industry."

"Mary Fallin cuts additional 50 teachers to pay for bridge repair"

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

genetic_knockout posted:

This name sounded familiar to me, and I realized it was because I just read an article earlier today about how Oklahoma is trying to make it illegal for doctors to perform abortions. My condolences for having such a lovely state government.

Yes, with two weeks to go in the legislative session where they've somehow got to come up with $1.3 billion, they're spending their time passing political theater bills that will be automatically ruled unconstitutional, but not before our horrible Attorney General spends several million dollars in a token defense of it.

Also even when everyone saw this budget shortfall coming for at least the last year, they still allowed new tax cuts for the rich to take effect in January.

I'd say the schadenfreude is on me for continuing to live here but I'm not sure who's deriving any pleasure from what Fallin and her buddy Brownback have done to Oklahoma and Kansas, respectively. :smithicide:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

How exactly does Kansas keep digging a bigger hole? Like how have they not done a hot take and said "well THAT didn't work!"

Because it's working as intended for them and their buddies. It's wealth distribution, just from the bottom to the top.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Chichevache posted:

In celebration of the upcoming UFC 200, UFC has hosted Mir vs. Lesnar 2 on youtube. If you haven't seen it before, it's basically 6 minutes of a human man locked in a cage with a 300 pound vanilla gorilla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TubJH4IMl54

I've always loved Seanbaby's description of this fight.

Seanbaby posted:

One criticism of Brock's fighting technique is his lack of patience. In his early MMA fights, he tended to frantically whack at his opponents like his mother just deleted his save game. This never really mattered since a sloppy half-punch from Brock Lesnar is an extinction level event for spinal fluid.

Imagined has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Jun 14, 2016

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I know it's democracy and all but it doesn't seem logical to me that a decision that momentous should be decided by a simple majority. Like if 10,000,000 people want to stay in the EU, and 10,000,001 people don't, the former can just go get hosed?

A decision like that about the fate of your entire nation state seems like is should require a super-majority either way. A super-majority to join the EU in the first place, and a super-majority to leave.

And isn't this whim-of-the-uneducated-mob the entire reason we use representational democracy anyway? Because at any given time 51% of the people could be loving stupid about a particular issue? Why wasn't this decided in parliament?

Imagined has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Jun 27, 2016

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Wrong thread, that's awesome.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

In the video they're also doing their ear-damaging train horn bullshit to people carrying groceries, senior citizens who were probably at risk of heart attacks, and even a pair of actual children walking along the street. Those worthless fucks ought to be arrested for assault.

Someone did this "prank" to me in a parking lot once. My ears were ringing for days. It seriously made me feel like I was under attack. I would've gotten into a fight if I could have reached them.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Have you ever seen heard the comedian Mike Birbiglia's bit about the braindead police report for his car accident?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dunYAG61uSA

Imagined has a new favorite as of 16:00 on Jul 6, 2016

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

I wonder in all of human history how many people have been killed by walruses who weren't actively trying to hunt the animals. Can't be more than a dozen.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Overheard at Pulse: "I'm not gay!! I'm not g-"

Holy poo poo.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Between this guy and Palmer Luckey it really seems like Occulus has picked up the cream of the crop of Silicon Valley assholes.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Bates posted:

I think a lot of people was super stoked about her because she seemed kickass and invincible and that was a kinda new rolemodel for women or something. Otherwise I have no idea why so many seemed to be so invested in her.

Also she is more conventionally attractive than most women who beat people up for a living generally are.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The one time that a truck or SUV is really useful on snow is when there's just a loving blizzard and the sheer amount of ground clearance your vehicle has becomes more critical than traction. I will never forget the one blizzard in my lifetime here where my (at the time) SUV got us home when cars with low ground clearance were getting beached in the snow left and right. I drove like 40 mph then, too, because the main danger wasn't slipping but just getting stopped and not being able to move again.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Vegan Lady posted:

"The law states that freedom of expression must not have any negative consequences,"

I very much doubt that Swiss law says this.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Captainsalami posted:

We had a deal!

Sure, they get out of the way of our cars, and we look the other way on the statue defication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
We really have the worst of both worlds. Either a 100% cash with no insurance system or a single-payer socialized medicine system would be better then this horrible mess of private insurance and government meddling we have now. In neither case would anyone pay $80 for a tongue depressor.