Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

zakharov posted:

Can someone tell this story from beginning, because I have no idea who these people are and what the hell you're talking about

A while back a YouTube famous video gamer told someone on Twitter to "get cancer and die" and just recently discovered that he himself now has cancer and has like 2 years to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Gross Dude posted:

I had never heard of that channel, but yeah, this is is a lot of stuff there that seems like it's straight out of a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEAmKR7bsAU&t=1m29s

So many good videos there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KroxfDhnk8s

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

buttcoinbrony posted:

That kinda proves the point though.

F1: Hmm, if we hit the wall right here, the leaders can't pit until they do another lap, which should put us in the lead.

NASCAR: gently caress THAT IMA HIT THAT FUCKER. *chugs natty ice, crushes can against forehead*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Australian_Grand_Prix

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

`Nemesis posted:

Comcast tried to bash Google Fiber for an outage in Kansas City that interrupted part of the World Series, ends up just getting bashed by its own customers.

http://bgr.com/2015/11/02/comcast-vs-google-fiber-facebook-post/

As a Comcast customer, this is fantastic. God I can't wait for any fiber to get to my area.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

im pooping! posted:

Yeah that is from Brazil and based on other videos I've seen that guy got off light.

Wasn't it in Brazil that they had that insane video of a police helicopter chasing a car and shooting at it from the chopper indiscriminately at it while flying/driving through neighborhoods?

VVV that's the one.

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Nov 18, 2015

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Sovereign Citizens are always a good mix of hilarious crazy and sad because they're usually people who found themselves drowning in debt and have become so desperate for a way out that they are totally willing to believe the SC bullshit.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Yeah, if an "affluenza" defense kept him out of prison after killing four human beings, nobody is gonna care about a video of him doing something as minor as violating his probation.

Hard to say, the burden of proof for probation violation is a lot less than a full criminal trial so we may get lucky.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

Compared to most dashcam stuff those are just delightful and fun. (As fun as car wrecks can be).

All Australian dashcam vids are :3: thanks to the slang and accents

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Hydrocodone posted:

I love people freaking out over games so I hate to say this, but I'm pretty sure this video's staged. I watched the first half and it seems too choreographed. Plus I've played a lot of Warcraft and he doesn't look like he's really playing. Certainly not playing in any way that would challenge ANYONE who had a little practice with the game.

I would add that the laptop in the video is clearly old (non-widescreen) and has a big yellow tag on the bottom that is indicative of a refurbished unit. which are usually found in staged computer destruction youtube videos because you can get them for like $50 or less online. It could just be indicative of being a broke college kid which they appear to be in the video but more often than not, anytime you see a laptop with a yellow tag on the bottom, it's an ancient POS that was bought for the sole purpose of destroying.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Suzuran posted:

The schadenfreude is on the people who live under this jurisdiction: http://www.roanoke-chowannewsherald.com/2015/12/08/woodland-rejects-solar-farm/

"He said the solar farms would suck up all the energy from the sun and businesses would not come to Woodland."
"The council later voted for a moratorium on future solar farms."

Holy poo poo this article is full of gems.

quote:

Jane Mann said she is a local native and is concerned about the plants that make the community beautiful.

She is a retired Northampton science teacher and is concerned that photosynthesis, which depends upon sunlight, would not happen and would keep the plants from growing. She said she has observed areas near solar panels where the plants are brown and dead because they did not get enough sunlight.

She also questioned the high number of cancer deaths in the area, saying no one could tell her that solar panels didn’t cause cancer.

a loving science teacher....

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

ekuNNN posted:

A texas cop stuck in the window of his car:

I love this video, this got posted in the Ask a Cop thread a while back because apparently the guy driving by and filming is also a cop. The question was both "How did he get stuck in the window" and "why didn't the other guy help" and all the cops in there said the exact same thing. Guy was probably trying to get in the car through the window because the water is above the bottom of the door and he didn't want to flood the car, belt got caught on the window frame. Guy filming didn't help because he was way too busy driving back to the station to show everyone else this hilarious video of their co-worker.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Christ, I can't imagine the horrors of a system where they'd have to have 36 separate trials for this. They basically just run all those trials at the same time and the Jury responds for each crime.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Okay, this right here bugs me. Be one or the other, not both.

It provides them the cover to do the news version of "It's a praaaaank!"

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Dec 25, 2015

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

hanales posted:

Yeah I can see that the cabin on that is still mostly parallel to the ground. He started going sideways immediately.

I'm assuming jeep people have some weird subculture that involves pushing those kinds of limits. I will immediately seek more schadenfreude related to this, because I'm sure it's amazing.

Ugh, you just ~Don't Get It~

Standard wrangler owner facebook post.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

NeurosisHead posted:

The conviction came from a juvenile court, so he's limited to juvenile sentencing. They can jail him til his 19th birthday in April unless there's some serious legal wrangling beyond the ken of mortal men at play here.

That's not really how it works. His original sentence was 10 years which would have taken him well past 19 anyway. Violating the probation means he's probably going to end up with the remainder of those 10 years. He'll just be transferred to an adult facility once he ages out of the juvenile facility(I think Texas only houses juvenile offenders until 17 anyway so he's probably going to go to real prison as soon as they institute the sentence).

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I don't speak the language, and yet, I know everything they are saying.

Watch some Russian dash cam crash videos and you become very familiar with Blyat and Suka
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5_TBtaT_DE

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Also, don't mess with band kids apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oWgu7Oyn5s

Any "Bully gets theirs" video makes me smile.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Samovar posted:

...If she was Amish, how could she be driving?

quote:

'She's a very inexperienced driver,' Paoli Police Chief Randy Sanders said of Lambright explaining that she had left the Amish order a year or so ago.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Tony Phillips posted:

Has anything that guy's been involved with ever passed and then not been almost immediately struck down?

Moved to MN 4.5 years ago - didn't even know he was still a thing.

Edit - easy enough to check, I guess.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Eyman

Counting I-1366 this is the sixth time it's happened. You'd think he'd either get better at writing initiatives, or at least no be surprised.

quote:

Eyman said despite the decision, if lawmakers don't put the amendment up to voters this fall, he'll try again. He said voters have supported moves to require a two-thirds majority six times in the last 22 years.

"We'll just do a seventh initiative to make it tougher to raise taxes and that one is going to pass," said Eyman. "We'll stay on this merry-go-round for another 22 years."

http://www.king5.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/21/initiative-1366-ruled-unconstitutional-tim-eyman/79122468/

It looks like the gist of it is that he's trying to pass an amendment that would cut the state sales tax unless the legislature approved a constitutional amendment requiring a two-thirds vote to pass any tax increases in the future. Because we all know the best way to pass something you claim all the people love is to shake your fist and go "OR ELSE!", it definitely makes your claim seem legitimate.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, some serious victim-blaming going on in here.

That really sucks and I feel terrible for that guy. Hopefully he had that thing insured.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Yessssssssssssssssss

Judge Moves 'Affluenza Teen' Case To Adult Court

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Humphreys posted:

That video was pretty cringe worthy. Some nice nice debunking though.

Yeah, his schtick is a little cheesy but his debunk's and VFX knowledge are really top notch, he's definitely worth watching.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Tony Phillips posted:

But stop the presses. We've got some incoming pure strain early celebration freude. In a high school state championship game no less.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2620788-hs-basketball-team-celebrates-state-title-prematurely-loses-on-buzzer-beater

Oooooh yeah, that's the good stuff. The looks on the other teams faces...

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Nicaden posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2016/03/16/fifa-admits-to-world-cup-hosting-bribes-asks-us-for-cash/81850202/

FIFA admits to being bribed but is demanding that the US return the bribe money seized from them. You got to admire both their nerve and stupidity in the whole situation. Either way, it's going to be magical.

Haha, holy poo poo, this is a pro-click. Some of the specifics in the article

quote:

— $28.2 million for years of payments, including bonuses, flights and daily expenses, to officials it now says are corrupt

— $10 million for the "theft" of money that FIFA officials transferred as bribes to then-executive committee members to vote for South Africa as 2010 World Cup host

— "substantial" cost of legal bills since separate U.S. and Swiss federal probes of corruption in international soccer were revealed last May

— damages for harm to its reputation, plus other bribes and kickbacks for media rights to non-FIFA competitions but "which were made possible because of the value of the FIFA brand"

"FIFA has become notable for the defendants' bribery and corruption, not its many good works," lawyers for soccer's world body state in the claim. "FIFA is entitled to restitution for this harm to its business relationships, reputation and intangible property."

I especially love that last one. "Because you arrested all our corrupt people we are now seen as corrupt so you need to compensate us for people not wanting to do business with us!"

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

This is great.
http://www.revk.uk/2016/04/verso-group-uk-ltd.html
The director of one of the UK's biggest ISPs got a phone call from (someone claiming to be from) his competitor. Said competitor later contacting him claiming that they made no such call, so clearly it was from an impostor and they have no cause to complain about him putting the recording online, right? :allears:

Gotta love UK defamation laws.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

I've seen people turn on hazards while driving to indicate when they are on the phone, people use them for the stupidest things. One that really boggled my mind was someone that had their flashers on because they were driving very slow on the highway while it was raining, which on it's own isn't a bad thing, but they were in the far left lane while doing it. If you're going to drive so slow that you feel you need to turn on your hazards you don't do it in the fast/passing lane. :psyduck:

Going to two different commuter-heavy universities I've gotten used to calling them "park anywhere lights" because that's definitely their primary purpose anywhere near campus.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

This is amazing. Also, is some dude in ISIS running an MG42? That belongs in a musem :argh:

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Apr 28, 2016

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

88h88 posted:

UK couple book a flight to Vegas from Birmingham. The Birmingham in the USA, not the Birmingham in the UK. They got to Birmingham airport in the UK and were basically told to get hosed when they presented their tickets to depart from an airport in completely the wrong country. No refunds for stupidity.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/couple-lose-1200-las-vegas-11249948

Also in the text the guy from the couple says it's a common mistake. A paragraph or two below that a spokeslady for the company they booked it through says the mistake is extremely rare.

This is like that guy that booked a flight for Granada and ended up in Grenada.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

This is incredible. Like a finely choreographed dance.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Verge posted:

Wait, where's the dashcam thread?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3597215&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

LeJackal posted:

It's better than Austrailia.

Edit: Spending ten dollars on me is the real schadenfreude.

Virtually every creature on land and sea in Australia will kill you. The whole place is a death trap.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

A White Guy posted:

*runs in, panting and sweaty*

GUYS ITS LIKE ELEVENTY BILLION HERE WITH HUNDRED PERCENT HUMIDITY. HA MY WEATHER IS WORSE THAN YOURS HA

In other news, the Philippines elected an actual gangster to be the president office. In a completely predictable turn of events, he's started advocating for people to murder drug users/drug dealers. I'm sure that the extrajudicial killings will be reasoned and totally not about petty vengeance, no sir.

Is this the same dude that was like "I've killed like 3 people since I took office as mayor"?

edit: yup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tebans1dOYo

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Lime Tonics posted:

Guess what happened to a CIA analyst on FOX news?

A man who has appeared on Fox News as a guest "terrorism analyst" was sentenced to 33 months in prison on Friday on charges that he fraudulently claimed to have been a CIA agent for decades, U.S. prosecutors said.

Wayne Simmons, 62, of Annapolis, Maryland, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.

"Wayne Simmons is a fraud. Simmons has no military or intelligence background, or any skills relevant to the positions he attained through his fraud," said Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III also sentenced Simmons to serve three years of supervised release, to forfeit two firearms and $176,000 in criminal proceeds, and to pay restitution.

Simmons had appeared on Fox News, a unit of 21st Century Fox and the top-ranked U.S. cable television news network, as an unpaid guest analyst on terrorism since 2002.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-twenty-first-fox-crime-analyst-idUSKCN0ZV21Q?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews

You would think the #1 news source in america would vet people better but...nah.

Haha, holy poo poo. I can just imagine how that interview went when he got the job

Fox: "We can't find any record at all of you working for the CIA"

Simmons: "Of course not, because I'm that good at being a spy, duh." :smug:

Fox: :allears:

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

I was just going to post that. I've never in my life seen anyone take TWO tasers and not even flinch.

It's definitely possible that there was a misfire with the taser or that one of the prongs didn't connect on either shot. That's what happened with the "I'll get you bitch" guy, one of the prongs only speared his jacket and never made contact with skin so the taser has no effect.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I think a lot of Ricky and Morty is improvised? At least that's what I've heard.

IIRC with the way they write, Morty is more scripted and is used to drive a more improv-based Rick. Then of course you have an episode like Rixty Minutes where the shows were obviously very improvised, I especially appreciate that they kept in the end of "Two Brothers" where Roilland just starts cracking up.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Man, I know that's an old article but I'm always impressed when dudes like this still managed to get elected, even when it's just to a state legislature. Dude got fired resigned from the prosecutors office because he was sexting a victim of domestic abuse while trying to convince her to testify against her abusive boyfriend. How does that not kill your political career, especially as a Republican?

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Krispy Kareem posted:

EDIT: that list is just national sex scandals. My favorite one was where two Michigan Tea Party state reps hooked up.
The best part of that one was that, when it looked like the affair might leak (they were extremely obvious about it) the dude tried to spread a rumor about himself hooking up with a male prostitute in order to throw people off from the actual affair. It was amazing.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inside-michigan-state-representatives-attempt-cover-secret-affair/story?id=36272691

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Aug 12, 2016

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A guy I know has been posting about this game on Facebook for months, he was incredibly excited about the whole thing. He finally got it but couldn't get it to work at all so he's already sent for a refund.

The best schadenfreude I've gotten from NMS is all the people that were super pumped for this game but never bothered to check the minimum specs and flipped their poo poo when the game wouldn't run on their crappy integrated intel graphics. I think one of the latest dev updates included "Also we'll be updating the game to try and run on the intel graphics cards (even though it was never supposed to run on those)".

Full disclosure, I'm enjoying the game but I didn't follow the development at all so I guess coming into it with no expectations makes a difference in enjoyment level. It's basically Minecraft in space, and the first version of Minecraft was pretty barebones/boring too so :shrug:

I think the Wired review nailed it on the head

quote:

No Man’s Sky has been marketed as a game where you can do anything—go anywhere, travel the stars, conquer worlds! But that doesn’t quite mesh with what it actually is. Minecraft truly is about effecting change, about raw power. The mark you leave on the world is deeply transformational, and it is all-encompassing. No Man’s Sky does not share that solipsism. In its universe, I am meaningless. My journey is trivial in the scope of it all.

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Aug 15, 2016

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Ooooh yeah, that's the good stuff right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Ravenfood posted:

At the IFSC bouldering comp in Munich, Manuel Cornu got one hand on the final hold and celebrated before going for the match, like he and a lot of other men had been doing. He fell. You need two hands on that hold for it to count. He wasn't able to make another attempt at the hold. It was so satisfying to watch him peel off the wall after getting irrationally mad at the premature celebrating all night.

No link to the video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIfNUbvTC_g&t=6944s

VVV my bad, I didn't realize the time specific link didn't copy. Link fixed.

Scruff McGruff has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Aug 21, 2016