Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
edit: wrong thread, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

syscall girl posted:

Vermouth works the same way.

And yes, I've drank it straight on multiple occasions.

What's wrong with vermouth? Bottle of Cinzano Bianco, some ice, some lemon wedges, splash of simple syrup, you got yourself a poor-student cocktail jug.

I haven't drunk this since I was a poor student, over 10 years ago, it's probably liquid misery

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Data Graham posted:

Only in Kenya

Kenya believe it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's like crocodiles in the Northern Territory in Australia. Every year people get eaten. There are huge signs that say "IF YOU SWIM IN THIS POOL YOU WILL BE CROC-MURDERED" every twenty metres in some places.

NT Parks and Wildlife have stopped trying to cull the ones that take people, because they'll turn up to the last place the person was seen to find 12 to 15 crocs, with the smaller ones being 500 kilos and 4 metres long. Can't kill them all, so they don't kill any of them.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Slugnoid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjAZbHtZqo

See if you can spot the freude on your first watch. Half the people I show this to never even notice it..

I remember when this happened all of the mad-keen cyclists I sit near at work were cracking up laughing at the blatant nature of this. Honestly, just put an electric motor in your seat stalk like the rest of the cool kids do these days.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Angry Guacamole posted:

Cast Lupita Nyong'o as both. Not only does she have the acting chops to handle either role, they'd shoot straight past meltdown in to full bore rage-induced stroke at the thought of a dark-skinned Mexican-Kenyan woman in either role. We might even get a news story about one exploding!

Do this, announce the casting on the same day and that she couldn't take the role of the new Indiana Jones because of scheduling conflicts, observe spontaneous neckbeard combustion on a massive scale.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
"I'm totally reformed" said Chris Brown. "Those domestic violence charges were a wake up call to me" said Chris Brown. "I really want to be part of the solution against domestic violence" said Chris Brown.

Singer Chris Brown accused of Las Vegas battery

Bull-loving-poo poo, said the world. Hope they nail that piece of infectious human waste to the wall this time.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Oh that's the good stuff.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mans posted:

nice edgelord

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is high art. This should be in the Louvre.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

spog posted:

Depends if he still owns the merchandising rights, I guess.

He sold everything. I think all he gets is "based on characters created by".

I mean, he got 4 billion for it, and he needed that money so little he said he planned on donating it to education charities, so he neither needs nor wants our sympathy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

chitoryu12 posted:

I legitimately would not be surprised if Finn/Poe is canon. Look at the way they look at each other and interact. If they were a man and a woman, everyone would be tripping over themselves to describe why the two of them have romantic chemistry.

I really hope they go full on gay with Star Wars. After making a movie with a black guy, Hispanic guy, and a woman as the protagonists, making the black and Hispanic guys gay lovers would actually kill someone on Return of Kings.

I dig it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

monolithburger posted:

There is no way that isn't Danny De Vito.

The Gang Gets Someone Fired

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MisterOblivious posted:

I doubt anyone from outside your state has any idea what you're talking about so how 'bout you guys provide some background or something.

post/username combo right here

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rondette posted:

Aww, I don't like these "humiliation as punishment" videos and stuff for little kids. They're just little kids. They do dumb things.

I think I'd have been really damaged if my parents had done something like that and shared it on the Internet. Luckily I was a kid in the Eighties so it would have been impossible anyway. I do wonder what it will be like when this generation grows up with their entire lives available to view.

That's actually the "fixed" version of what the kid did to himself. He basically went drunken-lawnmower on the front of his skull and shaving it all off back to there was the solution. I probably would have just gotten rid of everything and maybe told people he got lice from school, but I'm not his dad.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Why don't they just sell Blunt Wraps?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://youtube.com/watch?v=q7NxL4II_vI

This is the video, sorry about the link if it doesn't embed properly.

Memento has a new favorite as of 02:34 on Jan 31, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I like the beginning part, you can just hear the attendant saying "Sir? ...Sir? Um, excuse me, sir? SIR?!?".

And you can spot the moment the girl realises "poo poo he's not stopping". Excellent 'freude, light on the schade.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

Are you bragging about stealing from a child?

speshl guy posted:

Guarantee that kid managed find a way to get high anyway, and you're still the sad dude that stole 2 bucks from a minor lol

Which part of "tried to give me money" do you retards not understand?

Also he works at that gas station, so the schade is that the other people who work there is that now no one would sell to the kid.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

It's not, but that's also an excellent link. gently caress me, those fines don't dick around.

quote:

technological fraud is punishable by disqualification, a suspension at least six months, and a fine of up to 200,000 Swiss francs. A team found guilty of mechanical fraud also could face a suspension and a fine as large as one million francs.

It's around a 1:1 exchange between Swiss Francs and USD right now.

edit: wow, the team is literally called "Nodrugs". I guess we know why they didn't need to cram themselves full of EPO and horse steroids now...

Memento has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Feb 1, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Watching this, idiot on the bike at 0:30 heads off towards the parked car, I think "I kind of hope he hits that car".

Cue camera dropping, tyres screeching, welp.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

AlphaKretin posted:

Yeah, I literally never use my landline, I only have it because every Aussie ISP is a phone service provider and makes you take both, and my number is unlisted as well, so the only possible callers are telemarketers. As a result I never pick up and yet they never stop, so can confirm it doesn't faze them.

Same deal except we don't bother with having a handset plugged in.

Astrobastard posted:

man ive got it on speed dial 1, as much as I love android its slow as balls in comparison

It just took me 21 seconds for google to find my phone for me. You're right, that's unacceptable :rolleyes:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

wyoming posted:

The laughing kid that falls into the gravel is my hero.

The little girl at 2:25 who face-plants and then says "Yay! I did it!" without a trace of irony is mine.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Birb Katter posted:

It's Queensland so having crocs take them would have been for the best anyway.

Sick burn, I wonder if any Queenslanders will reply.

They won't, they can't read

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The moral of this gif: never attempt to help anyone.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Does anyone know why cars apparently just spontaneously explode in russia?

Another issue is that liquid petroleum gas makes a really good coolant for airconditioning systems. This is illegal and incredibly dangerous, otherwise known as Russia.txt

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

XMNN posted:

idk I might care about a hundred thousand dollar+ drop in value

The guy bought it in 2004, and the coin expert with the funny glasses said it would be worth $250k now. So it dropped about $240k.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

iRend posted:

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/3742933/ballarat-bus-crashes-into-melbourne-bridge-audio/?cs=61

Oops! This is a bit different from the old 7'10" bridge. Looks like he was off by a clear 2 feet.

(e: nobody died)

https://twitter.com/drunk_logic/status/702028207000670208

Same loving bridge. C'mon dipshits, it's not that loving hard.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

TNL finally released a new video. Basically 30 mins of bad decisions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYQX6at7u-w

I'm only 44 seconds in and that loving hang glider/parachute interaction :stonk:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

apart from tradition, i heard it's also to give a degree of anonymity to the judge. it's harder to get revenge on someone that's put you away if they were wearing a wig and a robes at the time so you're not 100% sure what they look like outside court

It's also so they can wear whatever they want underneath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80ElML7KGk

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Or he's just very unfortunate looking.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

He's just from the midwest.

But you repeat yourselves.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The sand mandala clip is definitely deliberate, destroying the madala once it's been completed is part of the ritual and symbolizes the ephemerality of life and the world.

A few of the other clips were deliberate as well. :ssh:

Yeah, I dunno if anyone else noticed, but the guy doing the destroying of the mandala was literally the Dalai Lama. Tenzin Gyatso has a pretty well developed sense of humour, but I don't think he would find a lot of lols in wrecking someone's work like that if it wasn't supposed to happen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

what have I become
my sweetest friend

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'm going to be about $220k in debt tomorrow.

Are you going to have something to show for it, like a house?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This kills the crab.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

My wife and I were watching this and we both went "did he just...?". Seeing the bit where it appeared that his soul briefly left his body was grand.

Judge Schnoopy posted:

What the gently caress could you have that you think is really this valuable? And if it's that valuable, why not just have proper homeowners insurance?

Some people own things that are irreplaceable no matter how much your coverage is. Heirlooms, papers, memorabilia.

I keep all of my nazi stuff inside a walk-in safe with a little mirrored table in the middle for when I want to snort coke surrounded by the trappings of genocide.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Testekill posted:

It's generally a fine and a ban from the stadium. Etihad Stadium in Melbourne is a 10k fine if you run onto the field IIRC

edit: a classic video of a streaker being smashed by a cricketer. The replay starts at about :35
:nws:contains dick, balls and rear end :nws:

Was there supposed to be a video here?

Was it this one?

:nws: for naked skinny dude

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

nexus6 posted:

I never thought ISIS would have sign up forms. Do they have admin staff to manage this?

They have pretensions of being a real country, some get-over artist probably convinced them he could totally help the holy cause by taking names and sorting out paperwork.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SpacePig posted:

A collapsible wheelchair is a lot easier to steal from the store than a heavy power scooter that a person probably doesn't have the means to charge at home. It's hard enough to keep people from stealing regular carts for scrap or whatever.

I hired one for my 87 year old grandmother a few months ago and they had a refundable $100 deposit, and no actual charge. It's not that hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivD_32-bqUk

Skip to 0:45. Dude. Don't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ariza posted:

Who the gently caress is dumb enough to do this without spotters?

Spotters? Nahh bro, the only important thing is a camera man.