Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

New failarmy :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqv0j6eDbA

I'd suggest having the volume at normal levels for the opener, cause drat it's worth it.

that guy on the cow ride thing....that was like something straight out of a nightmare. Or a Farrelly Brothers film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

monkeytennis posted:

They used to show us these things at school when I was a youngster. There was one called 'Apaches' about a gang of kids dying in various horrible and grisly ways while playing on a farm that they made us watch (probably because we lived in a rural area with plenty of farms to go play on). Drowning in slurry was the worst one I think *shudder*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0GyRz_lOQA

It's a slow burner all right. You'd think after the first death the farmers would tell the kids to GTFO, but no, they just carry on.

The UK wasn't the only one with weird/creepy PSAs....this one takes some sort of cake for creepiness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQgAMkMmsfg

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

spog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0xmSV6aq0g

It's narrated by Donald Fcuking Pleasence. Even as an adult, it's bloody scary.

I remember the third one as a child. Not only I am scared of electricity substations, I still have a phobia of frisbees.

So, I guess it worked.

Not to mention the necrophiliac at 1:41. They were different times....

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

All those failed proposals, they didn't include this one-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAvMgOO1ZIw

Where the woman rejected him on account of his dick being too small. He went on to make a very cringeworthy documentary where he experiments with penis enlargement procedures. The most :magical: bit is when he goes to Africa (I think, been a while since I watched it) where he he is about to get his dick injected with some sort of goo, but flakes out at the last minute.

It is/was on Netflix, team it with The Final Member (the story of the Icelandic Penis Museum's attempts to get a human schlong, it starts off crazy then goes downright :stare: when Elmo and his owner appear on the scene) for your double dick feature night.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBiLHqMpQNk

farty dog at 2:04 :allears:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

So here in Illinois, there was a much-loved cop that went missing and was eventually found dead. Over 300,000 bucks was spent trying to find the guy, his killers, whatever. Of course, lots of conservatives blamed Black Lives Matter for it. Lots of talk about how he was such a nice guy, totally a hero, etc.

Turns out, he killed himself because he and some other cops had been embezzling money for a while now, and he was acutely aware that the higher-ups were going to find out about it.

Just want to point out this part of the article-

quote:

At least one man paid for a tattoo to have the fallen cop memorialized.

I sincerely hope it was this photo-

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Um, I guess this isn't really Schadenfreude but I think it deserves a place here-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-34773280

quote:

A Swedish man has died and another has been seriously injured in a shopping trolley accident in Sydney, Australia.
Police say the men, both 28, found the trolley and were riding it down a steep hill in the eastern suburb of Randwick just after midnight when they hit a car coming the other way.
The man who survived had just arrived in Australia - he remains in hospital and police said he could face charges.
The trolley had reached speeds of up to 80km/h (50mph), said police.
"The male that was in the shopping trolley was catapulted out landing in a kerb," Det Supt Gavin Dengate told local media.
"Unfortunately we all know what shopping trolleys are like, and they are very difficult to control [it's] very very tragic."
He said riding in a shopping trolley "must be one of the most dangerous things you can do".
The 45-year-old driver of the car, who was not injured, tested negative for drugs and alcohol.

Both 28 year old men- sheesh - at least teenagers have an excuse.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here is some nice benign 'freude. The hosed up wedding marches get me every time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPA31kvEUyY

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

The cage of the vehicle was absolutely fine, that was just all the paneling and poo poo flying off. If she would have kept her seatbelt on she would have been fine.

Probably a broken foot but everything else is intact.

I drive a Smart, they're great. Except when people (mainly Audi and BMW drivers) want to aggressively overtake you coz you are in a tiny little dot of a car. It's brilliant for sneaking through tight corners and parking, and also getting out of giving your mates lifts round the pub when you're the designated driver. I dunno if I'd want to drive one in America where the cars are generally MASSIVE, but in the UK it's a fun little ride. I also have a Dr. E/N aka 'Get-Out' Frog sticker on it, because I am a goony fucker.

Rondette has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Nov 18, 2015

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

How is it when you hit 70 MPH?

Not as bad as you'd think, with a prevailing wind. Fastest I've got it going is about 83mph. It's not a car for speed, which is good for me because I have a heavy left foot.

edit-Oh and I know it's a goofy car. That's why I like it. It's kinda cute to have little children waving at you as you trundle along.

edit-edit= It tickles the gently caress out of me how angry people get about them on this forum too. I totally wouldn't drive one in the States, but for the UK with our wiggly roads and relatively short distances between towns they're fine. You sit quite high in the seat too, so you don't feel as tiny and vunerable as you would think in one.

Rondette has a new favorite as of 22:46 on Nov 18, 2015

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

fyodor posted:

so you have a heavy clutch foot???

I am the schadenfreude. For driving a Smart and mentioning it in this thread, and also forgetting which way round left and right goes.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

drat that floor looks hard. I hope Spidey was OK......

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if you watch UK's Police Enforcers or any of those programmes where cameras follow the Police around, it seems that if you are co-operative and generally decent to the Police you're much less likely to get hassle. I thought that was the case everywhere. Sorry America.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I actually didn't see texters or drunks, but I didn't go all the way through. Great video to teach people why to always wear a seat belt though, especially at 3:39. Backseat has two people, one with a seat belt, one without. Guess who looks way more hurt?

Edit: Looks like the real idiots start around the 5 minute mark.

Yeah I lost my very best friend a few years back in an accident that involved a head on collision. Neither her or the guy she was with were wearing their seat belts. They both died. The people in the other car survived. They had theirs on. Such a loving pointless way to die. Buckle up folks.

What was surprising was how calm most of those people looked while in the middle of spinning out and crashing.

And my God those people texting and driving.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah didn't some girl have to publicly shave her hair off after it was discovered she had a boyfriend?

Edit yes, jeez.

quote:

Minegishi was one of the original members of AKB48 when it was launched by producer Yasushi Akimoto in 2005. The band is made up of some 90 girls - whose ages range from mid teens to early 20s - who, in teams, appear daily in their own theatre and regularly on television, in adverts, and in magazines.

They portray an image of cuteness known as "kawaii", and have become a huge phenomenon both in Japan and increasingly in other Asian countries, correspondents say.

The condition for being part of such a successful act is that the girls must not date boys, so as not to shatter their fans' illusions.

AKB48's management office said Minegishi had been demoted to a trainee team as punishment "for causing a nuisance to the fans".

Rondette has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Dec 14, 2015

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Haha, the best thing about this gif is missed out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOAb4UXMVl0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HG122_x-Sw

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It made half a billion dollars in its first weekend and set at least a dozen new box office records and a good chunk of those sales would have been people going back a second or third time. Looks like people like it just fine after multiple viewings!

I guess they mean maybe months down the line when it is not all New and Whizzy. I haven't seen it yet so :shrug:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Plucky Brit posted:

People view the national speed limit as a challenge. Ironically those roads are much safer at night because you can see the beams from other cars.

I've lived in enough places with country lanes to see enough HALFORDS 'pumped up' Uno or 106's ploughed into the ditches on the side of those roads to know that is not always the case.
One road in particular that was very popular among boy racers was about a mile long stretch with a very tight corner and a stream at the end that ALWAYS had it's barrier mashed in. They even put up concrete bollards but those got walloped too.

Rondette has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Dec 23, 2015

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JamesieAB posted:

Affluenza teen and mom captured in Mexico

That's one dopey looking, newly hair dyed piece of crap.

quote:

In 2013, 16-year-old Ethan Couch was found guilty of drunkenly plowing into a group of people helping a stranded motorist, killing four of them and maiming two others. A psychologist hired by Couch's defense lawyers said the teen's extravagantly wealthy lifestyle prevented him from knowing right from wrong. Texas State District Judge Jean Boyd agreed. Instead of sending Couch to prison, she gave him 10 years probation and a stint at a luxury rehab center in Newport Beach, California, which offers cooking classes, yoga, and "equine-assisted psychotherapy."

The horse-enhanced rehab apparently didn't work, because a video recently surfaced that shows Couch, now 18, playing beer pong at a party. The conditions of Couch's probation forbid him from drinking alcohol. Shortly after that, Couch failed to show up for a scheduled meeting with his parole officer. When authorities investigated, they discovered Couch and his mother Tonya (48) were missing, along with their passports. After a brief manhunt, Couch and his mother were captured in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Couch has dyed his hair black.

The Daily Beast has more about Couch's parents, who seem like real pieces of work:

On a February night at 1 a.m., a cop found Ethan urinating in a parking lot, with a 14-year-old girl naked inside his truck, which contained a Miller Lite can and bottle of Grey Goose vodka, according to D Magazine.

Tonya paid Ethan’s fines and court fees, and blamed herself when he didn’t complete an alcohol class and community-service hours. She said she’d “misread the online thing.”

During a deposition in a civil suit against the family a year later, [b[Tonya was asked about the girl. “That morning?” Tonya replied. “Her mom picked her up, I assume. I guess. I don’t know.”[/b]

Meanwhile, Ethan’s father has troubles of his own. In August 2014, police arrested Fred for impersonating a police officer, The Dallas Morning News reported.

Cops say Couch showed up to a disturbance call at a North Richland Hills home the month before and claimed to be a Lakeside reserve officer. He allegedly provided a bogus badge and ID card.

It’s unclear what’s become of the wannabe-cop charges.

It will be interesting to see how Couch's legal team and the justice system of Tarrant County, Texas will handle this incident, now that millions of people are paying attention.

From NBC News:

Luke Williams, a former district attorney in Lubbock, Texas, told NBC News a judge ought to be able to reinstate Couch's original sentence.

"He still has the 10 years he was probated hanging over his head," Williams said. "A judge can convert that into straight jail time."

Beyond that punishment for the drunken driving, prosecutors said they are considering new charges for Couch fleeing the country — which he achieved with help of his mom. Prosecutors said they will charge Tonya Couch for helping her son flee.

On Tuesday, prosecutors announced for the first time that they intend to charge her with "hindering apprehension," a major offense under Texas law. It carries a possible sentence of one to 10 years in prison.

another article about this horrible trio.

quote:

One day, when Ethan was 13, Anderson noticed that he’d driven himself to school. She was concerned and talked to Fred about it. The father didn’t react well. “He told me that Ethan was the best driver he knew,” she says. “He was adamant that Ethan was going to drive to school. He believed his son was better. His son was more talented. He was the golden boy.”

quote:

When they got to the house, Ethan and Garrett took showers and posted party invites to Twitter and Facebook. Their friend Avery—the one who was about to join the Army—was the first one over. They did shots. After dinner, there were more shots, and the four of them piled into the truck to pick up some of Garrett’s friends in Keller, most of whom Ethan and Starr had never met. When they passed a freshly mowed soccer field, Ethan couldn’t resist driving the truck onto it and doing doughnuts.

On the way back to the house, they stopped at an Albertsons with a plan to steal beer, to go along with the bottle Avery brought and the bottle Ethan got from his cousin. But the security detail at the grocery store was eyeing the kids, so they left and went to a Walmart. Ethan, Avery, and Starr stayed in the truck. Surveillance footage from that night shows the other five boys picking up three cases of Miller Lite and walking out a side entrance without paying.

http://www.dmagazine.com/publications/d-magazine/2015/may/affluenza-the-worst-parents-ever-ethan-couch?single=1

Rondette has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Dec 30, 2015

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Guy is clearly not the sharpest tool in the box

quote:

But Ethan had just met some of the kids hours earlier, and he didn’t want to leave them alone in his house. So he told everyone to get in the truck. On the way out of the house, Ethan picked up a box fan and smashed it on the ground.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Kill the judge and the kid and the mom for starting the whole thing

No, they're all innocent, it was that girl who needed a tampon's fault.

quote:

She watched as the boys got in. Two up front. Two in the backseat. Two in the bed.Garrett reassured her that he’d seen Ethan drive like this plenty of times before. He sat in the back with the door open, inviting her in.

She chokes up as she talks about it. Looking back, she feels like the whole thing is her fault. The only reason they were in the truck that night was to get her a tampon. “Garrett told me, ‘It’ll be fine,’ ” she says. “And I got in.”

orange sky posted:

Last time that was posted I think someome mentioned it was a stunt, he has a parachute.
Let's just say this was the case...

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lurking Haro posted:

Paper shopping bag.
I'd like to believe he's driving it home from the store.

These Hoverboards are kind of like Martin Schkreli, in that just when you think the story can't get any dumber/freudier, something else happens. Truly a gift to this thread.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I would not be in the least surprised to see this being used in some *FEMINAZI* meme.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

haha, did they change their headline specifically to gently caress with ROK? Brilliant.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I liked this WTF comment. Ah, The Daily Mail.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Apraxin posted:

Didn't see this one in the posts of premature celebrations. At the 2006 Winter Olympics, a series of accidents in the snowboard cross final has given Lindsey Jacobellis the gold metal on a plate. Only one other competitor is left, more than five seconds back, so Jacobellis does a little celebration on one of the last jumps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quQODOvrWMs

Ahh.... This is the good stuff..

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Subjunctive posted:

Thank you for this, I'm 4 eps in and feeling much better about my own drinking habits.

hahaha, yep, glad I'm 35 now and don't feel obliged to go out and get shitfaced like this anymore. Mind you I hated clubbing even when I was 19. Getting old rules.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fairground fails..?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCiHDEKKVDA

Pukey dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj6wlAthFdQ

*AHHHH*passes out*AHHH*passes out*AHHH*passes out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFw3b_Y--as

The first one one this video isn't funny, apparently a cable snapped and the kid got pretty badly injured. Skip the first 40 seconds of that (It's not gruesome but it's also not very nice when you know what happened- I thought they'd got vommed on at first) and there are a few funny ones, oh and number two has some nipples so maybe :nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxOaouuC2rA

Oh and anyone wondering about the girl wearing a bikini on a rollercoaster....
http://www.zootoday.com/girls/news/see-celeb-big-brothers-casey-batchelor-in-her-busty-bikini-roller-coaster-ride

There is also some schadenfreude in the fact that Zoo stopped publishing recently.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

AlphaKretin posted:

Am I mistaken or did both Bowie and Rickman die of the same type of cancer at age 69 within a week of each other? :tinfoil:
Has it been publicly released? I haven't seen or heard of what sort of cancer did Bowie in.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Haha, the bass player twatting that annoying singer was brilliant.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I haven't got a flipping clue what this is all about but I am imagining it's a video of him reading this thread-

Classic E/N

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dex posted:

you lied to me, finding out some idiot dub is banging a twitter dude was not worth reading all that garbage

The Schadenfreude is that Twitter guy is now known as 'Dick Situation' to hundreds of strangers who now know he has sort of genital defect after someone posted his twitter account with pictures of said schmuck, and he is completely unaware of this.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah definitely the best thing to have come out of that mess.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

hooah posted:

When I was a sound guy for one of the Marine Corps bands, our staff sergeant told us a story about a corporal who was ragging on the guest vocalist during a rehearsal. Kept saying how he could sing the song (God Bless the USA) better and whatnot. So, the band officer decided to give him a shot for some reason, and this is what resulted:

Oh so this is worth listening to, I made a very special video so you can all bask in the glory. This took me exactly as long as you think it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_PV3yuHX9o

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Discount Dracula posted:

Barber: What'll it be?

Him: Just give me the Clint Howard.

Barber: Say no more fam.

https://i.imgur.com/RAn77zI.gifv

Aww, I don't like these "humiliation as punishment" videos and stuff for little kids. They're just little kids. They do dumb things.

I think I'd have been really damaged if my parents had done something like that and shared it on the Internet. Luckily I was a kid in the Eighties so it would have been impossible anyway. I do wonder what it will be like when this generation grows up with their entire lives available to view.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

my mom tells me stories of the dumb poo poo i did as a kid and i laugh, and she laughs, and her friends laugh and share stories back with no one suffering extreme psychological trauma

i think they'll be fine

Oh god, I didn't really want to start a derail, but the difference here is you're putting this poo poo on a WORLD PLATFORM FOREVER, where back in our day it was on a VHS or in a photo album and you at least had some control over who sees it. I guess this lot of children will all have stuff out there and maybe not be so embarrassed about it as adults as the pre-internet generation were. I think it is going to be fascinating to watch.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI9jywQ4cgc

http://bgr.com/2016/02/03/martin-shkreli-vs-ghostface-killah-feud/

quote:

It’s a hip-hop feud that’s almost too ridiculous to believe: One of the most successful and talented Wu-Tang alums versus the world’s most hated former pharmaceutical CEO. However, the beef between Ghostface Killah and Martin “Pharma Bro” Shkreli is very real. Per NME, Shkreli appeared on radio station Power 105’s The Breakfast Club this week and said that he would “smack [Ghostface Killah] right in the face” if he were there right now.

Ghostface started the feud with Shkreli after calling him a “shithead” because of his decision to jack up the price of an important AIDS-related drug called Daraprim from $13.50 per tablet to $750 per tablet while he served as the CEO of Turing Pharmaceuticals. Shkreli responded to this diss by posting a video featuring three masked men who threatened to “take out” Ghostface if he didn’t shut up.

All of this is particularly ironic because Shkreli was the person who spent $2 million to buy the lone copy of the Wu-Tang Clan’s secret new album called Once Upon a Time in Shaolin. Shkreli has threatened to “erase” all of Ghostface Killah’s vocal tracks from the album unless the rapper stops criticizing him.

This kind of behavior may not be very wise for Shkreli right now, as the snot-nosed former CEO was arrested for alleged securities fraud last year and he’s certainly not doing anything that will endear himself to prospective jurors.

ugh look at him with his stupid wine glass.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you have a watch the costs the equivalent of a year's minimum wage salary, just keep it at home in the safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCiWguud0Nw

I feel bad for the guy, especially at the end when he's trying to pick up the chair and is all shaky. But there is some schadenfreude in having a ridiculously expensive watch jacked off you in broad daylight. The robbers didn't do a very good job of disguising themselves either. Can't imagine they'll be free for too long. I wonder how they knew the dude had an expensive watch. It took place in a van rental company. I guess someone clocked it when they were in there and thought they'd have a go on it. From experience (7 years in car & van rental) you get some VERY dodgy types renting vans.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I Am Crake posted:

I really feel sorry for what happened to that guy, that's a horrible thing to experience, but god drat is that a butt ugly watch for that kind of money. I'm rocking a Hugo Boss worth about 40 times less that looks a lot nicer.

Yeah, I'm conflicted. Anyone who wears that sort of watch and isn't actually a professional sailor (which is apparently who the watch is for) has tagged themselves as a douche, but no-one deserves that really.

The robbers look a bit conflicted about doing it as well, the last 15 or so seconds of that video is them standing outside (staring straight at the camera lol), it looks like one of them at least is debating whether or not to go in. He says something too. I wish I could lip-read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I Am Crake posted:

This ugly hunk of gold was 15000 british pounds

Which looks exactly like this ugly hunk of plastic

While this cost me under 400 euros

I mean I get conspicuous consumption but come on

Casio F-91W wearer here. £2 of the best money I ever spent too.

edit- I don't think this guy deserved it at all, I feel bad for him. Having said that it is an ugly as poo poo watch. Has anyone watched the latest episode of Better Call Saul? There's a bit that kinda reminds me of this. The dweeby guy that buys a massive yellow hummer with spinning rims and flame decals. Mike tells him it is a bad idea, you don't want to make yourself too conspicuous if you are wealthy. It's a sad fact that two kinds of people will notice a watch like that. People who will be impressed with it, and people who will want to steal it from you. If I had any jewellery that cost even half as much as that watch I would probably never wear it, and if I did, I would never just wear it around the office or out and about. For one, I'd be terrified of damaging it.

Rondette has a new favorite as of 17:43 on Feb 18, 2016