Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

speshl guy posted:

So it is. Took for granted that it was one of those surprise huntsman spiders

I'd just write the car off at that point, the spider owns it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Elohssa Gib posted:

What was with the guy throwing water on the car?

It looks like he's getting it from a fountain, which I suppose if it's not super well maintained could have gross water in it, so he's pouring gross water all over a pretty nice car. That's my guess at least.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

It almost looks like he's pissed at losing so he tries to hit the winner with the guy in the chair.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I have a feeling that if Trump gets the nomination there's going to be a moment of "...o..oh gently caress he's actually the presidential nominee?". Like a joke that went wildly out of control and a ton of people supporting him now just don't vote. Even if Bernie gets the nomination, there's no way Trump wins it.

OldTennisCourt has a new favorite as of 14:03 on Dec 2, 2015

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

ElGroucho posted:

Trump winning the nomination would be so delicious, I can't even put it in to words. Did you ever wonder what would make the most apathetic and largest non-voting group of people actually get off their asses and vote? Calling them all rapists and murderers is a pretty good start.

I'm convinced Trump is secretly a Democratic operative, using his last years on earth to ensure a Dem majority for the next decade.

The best thing is that when he loses you absolutely know he's going to drag it out forever and scream for recounts and voter fraud investigations while the GOP literally begs him to shut up and go away.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you haven't seen TFA and want to remain 100% unspoiled maybe skip this post and probably the linked video.

Max Landis (screen writer and son of John Landis) has caused thousands of nerds to get super angry that he has an opinion that is less than glowing about the Force Awakens and specifically the character of Rey.

The video summarizes a few dozen of his tweets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpS6TlqgLIQ

Hop on to his Twitter feed https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees to see the well reasoned and thoughtful responses he has received for having an opinion.

Its schadenfreude coming at you from all sides.

Dude comes off as kind of a dickhead tbh. "Ugh this icky girl is a MARY SUE from a fanfic in my fun action space movie. See she's different from how Luke Skywalker was portrayed because"

You could make literally the same argument about how Luke was portrayed yet he doesn't hmmmm I wonder why....

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I'm willing to admit he may have points about her and Luke's issues with regards to writing. I think people were just so used to dorks being pissed off at a female lead being extremely prominant in the promotion of and in the film itself of a Star Wars movie that seeing a dude make a tweet like that caused people to assume that it's just another nerd whining about "Women in my space movie! :qq:"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I really want a female Dr. Who and a female James (Jane) Bond not only because it would rule but because it would cause MRA's to melt down in incredible ways

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It seems like that warning should really be on the front of the package. It doesn't need to be size 60 font and bright red letters, but it should be a hell of a lot clearer that "Hey guys don't eat more than 7 of these for the love of God"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah, WWE tables are gimmicked to break super easy, I think they're made of particle board? Japanese wrestling or the more hardcore American feds will use just straight up wooden tables that will not break as easy.

Speaking of tables I remember a story of some indie fed, I THINK it might have been CZW? Where they had a match where they lit the table on fire.They poured lighter fluid all over it and when the dude got smashed through it, the fluid basically ran down onto his body and he got awful 3rd degree burns over his chest.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I've heard a few times about keeping the Olympics in one specific place, I've seen Greece mentioned, and not having the travel around, is this feasible/a good idea?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Okay I know, reddit but this is really amazing

https://np.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/3iafe9/ny_took_someone_elses_credit_card_to_show_to_a/

TL;DR: OP wants to reserve a room at a club but has no money. Accidentally gets sent a letter with a credit card in it meant for his Neighbor. Uses said credit card to get into the club. Club figures out he isn't the card owner and now the cops want to talk to him.

Just how boned, legally, is he?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Baronjutter posted:

From a year ago, wonder what happened to the idiot. Hopefully it was a learning experience in loving with people's mail and identity theft.

I'm really curious how he was gonna manage to get the card back to the neighbor? "Oh yeah, it's out of the envelope and free of all stickers but I totally didn't use it!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey remember when this thread was about people getting hit in the nuts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE0h0ufMY7Q

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I really can't see Trump becoming this nightmare dictator from beyond space and time. He'll be a lovely president, but there's also the chance he'll be a lame do nothing.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Charming man loses job after gloating over people killed by wildfires

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/alabama_man_loses_job_for_call.html

quote:

An Alabama man who referred to residents of Gatlinburg as "mouth-breathing, toothless, Trump-suckin' pond scum" in the wake of last week's deadly wildfires has lost his job and been targeted by social media users as a possible suspect in the blaze.

On Nov. 29, Coleman Bonner of Wessington in Chilton County posted a message to his personal Facebook page in regards to the wildfires in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevier County, Tennessee.

"Funny story. I was recently in Gatlinburg. Had a terrible time. I felt the place was a cesspool of consumerism and a bastion of the worst aspect of southern culture. Turns out a wildfire just burned most of the town to the ground. Good riddance, Gatlinburg. And good luck you mouth-breathing, toothless, diabetic, cousin-humpin,' mountain-dew chugging, moon-pie-munchin,' pall-mall smoking,', Trump-suckin' pond scum. (Chuckles and smiles like the smarmy liberal elitist I am," Bonner wrote.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

LordSaturn posted:

When you cheer for the Pats, you cheer with Hitler:
https://twitter.com/RichardBSpencer/status/828467217775759360

EDIT: And gently caress you for making me search that fuckface's timeline.

The people pretending like this is some sick burn are humiliating

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Sponge Baathist posted:

I skipped the last 3 pages of bullshit. Will somebody who hasn't posted about that guy please compile the posts about actual schadenfreude and post them? If you contributed to the derail i will still report your posts though.

I skipped the last 3 pages that explained it because I'm a big whiny baby who can't possibly read, please explain in detail why an Alt-Right icon being busted for defending pedophilia is schadenfreude while I change my diaper, thank you!

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Sponge Baathist posted:

I really don't care about pop politics and 3 pages of poo poo i won't waste my time reading is enough to say "somebody should say something" because I'm not alone on this. What this thread needs is a Say Nothing enema.

https://youtu.be/wAg1r6zw7Bg

Everyone else was interested in it honey, maybe you can find some funny gifs of people falling down on youtube! Ooooooo or read through the hundreds of other pages of the thread!

OldTennisCourt has a new favorite as of 00:48 on Feb 22, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Speaking of library weirdos, here's a news reporter getting an interview with a dude busted on camera jerking off in a library:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GniNLLNBRM4

The father's the best part

"I'M A COMBAT VET...DON'T MAKE ME BRING MY GOD drat WAR TO YOU!"

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are you aware that you posted absolutely loving nothing?

EDIT: Well, this happened (but it may not have actually happened) but then this also happened (but, again, the opposite is really what happened) so I have contributed!

EDIT 2.0: Idiot

What the gently caress are you even blabbering about?

OldTennisCourt has a new favorite as of 00:05 on Feb 24, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Weatherman posted:

Read the post he quoted. Dude says something and then negates what he just said like three times in a row, and the net result is "...". A Useless Poast.

Was there a need for the multiple edits that added literally nothing in that post though?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hi there I'm immensely loving stupid let me tell you how the US actually lost WWII ~lets out loud long fart~

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Dillbag posted:

Shia TheBeef

This was never ever funny.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Hi guys I'm literally mentally impaired please explain how a man has any standing to sue for being forced off a plane and beaten.

I know some of you guys are really loving stupid regarding legal things but holy poo poo.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Sure he was taken off an airplane and beaten but I think you'll find that the technicality of trespassing that you can see if you squint really hard as well as him being a minor inconvenience justify it and furthermore

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
~police slam Veth into the floor~

"This is totally all right folks! I was in the wrong!

~slams him into the wall multiple times~

"Disregard this! I did not abide by the binding contract stated on my ticket!"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love the thought process of "Let me go through as many hoops as I can to suck off the multi-billion dollar company who is clearly in the wrong"

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Veth posted:

There's something I've never been accused of, but ok, go for it.

It's an interesting time to have a show of civil disobedience, to say the least.

What's your opinion on civil disobedience? Should cops be full within their rights to beat the dogshit out of protesters sitting quietly say.....in a restaurant that won't serve them?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Notch is a loving idiot redpill dork but honestly he's a pretty depressing dude. Yeah he's rich as gently caress, but he's very clearly deeply miserable inside.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I feel like Notch was probably a dick prior to making it big, but it can't help that he's a friendless loner and whenever he says "FEMINISM MORE LIKE CANCER" he has legions of fans slobbering his knob calling him a badass hero. It's probably the only positive contact the dude gets.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Baronjutter posted:

He really doesn't, even "gamers" all hate him and the mention of his name in charity streams and poo poo get gasps and boos. No one likes or respects him and he's miserable about it, yet 100% brought it on him self.

Really? I was under the impression, and had seen enough lovely reddit posts calling him ~based Notch~ to think he was this beloved Gamer icon

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Hi and welcome to the Something Awful forums. It's too bad you feel that way, but rest assured, I don't give a poo poo.

gently caress dude you're so loving rad

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Say Nothing is essentially the mod of these threads.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Cross Posting from Public Freakouts but I think it counts here too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVV-aKy4Q44

Woman, over the course of 9 minutes, manages to lose her mind and talk herself into a ticket while a cop desperately tries to give her a break.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

zakharov posted:

This is absolutely not the reason. It's rage against Those Darn Millennials and particularly women.

or maybe....just maybe it's possible to find a social trend annoying and not have a deep burning hatred of women and millenials

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang posted:

ah yes, the kangaroo court of popular opinion strikes again.

Hell yeah man, you tear that sexual assault victim's story apart ~holds hand up for the most epic of high fives~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
May I present my favorite video of 2018 so far.

An incredibly drunk man found sleeping in his car at an intersection tries to use Sovereign Citizen arguments. It's 22 minutes long but worth every single second.

Highlights include: He literally wakes up arguing, 'i don't understand anything but i overstand everything', his excuse to where he's going changes multiple times, "AHHHH B-B-B-BUT ACCCOOOORDING TO THE LAW POLICE DON'T EXIST SINCE 1929!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoFBO7-A9Nk