Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Professor Wayne posted:

"Handegg," "sportsball," and "Stephen Universe" are this forum's "sheeple." If I see any of those words, my eyes just glaze over the rest of the post.

You forgot "SJWs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Also that kid throwing the ball at the girls is hilarious. There are few things that I can't stand less than unwarranted assholishness regardless of age. How do people get through life being so evil to other people without provocation?

You might be surprised how soon in a young woman's life she learns that the only response to "~~hey ladies~~" is "gently caress off".

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

You know, after looking at it carefully, I'm beginning to think there might have been just enough space between the bars for her hair to slip through. That would probably explain how that happened.

Like hair just waves around looking for propellers to grab? Propellers are the things that do the grabbing, last time I checked. Much more likely they found a way to reach out of the cage to grab the hair than that the hair found a way to get in to them. I suspect there's enough space between those bars for the propellers to reach out, if they kinda turned sideways to do it.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

mostlygray posted:

Firearms. Everything else doesn't matter. I never want to find out that one of my guns has harmed a person or, god forbid, my own children. I keep my firearms in a gun safe that is bolted to the wall behind an unsuspecting door to a closet and is too heavy to move even by damaging the walls. The ammunition is in a different locked fire cabinet in a different room also hidden behind an unsuspecting door. Each gun is disabled in it's own way that requires knowledge of firearms to put it back into working order. The solitary handgun I own is in a separate safe within the safe. The gun safe door itself uses a bizarre key that can't be picked unless you have a pre-made kit for it which is unlikely.

I may be a filthy communist liberal that believes in paying people to not work, free healthcare, and a rail system that works, but "gently caress off, I like guns".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OZIOE6aMBk

This is a good opinion to have.
Growing up, I associated this combination with a certain type of rural liberals. Nature Conservancy liberals, if you will.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

It's weird watching US police videos when you come from a country where the police aren't expected to attack citizens at every opportunity.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Fantastic.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

JD posted:

Can someone gif the dirt bike throw at :29?

https://gifs.com/

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

You are the dumbest motherfucker ever

Please don't be rude to Say Nothing.
They're the only way we get images in the funny images thread.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Now that medtech company Theranos's blood tests have been proven worthless and the company is being investigated by multiple federal agencies, Forbes has downgraded the CEO's net worth from $4.5 billion to $0: http://qz.com/696835/forbes-just-cut-its-estimate-of-theranos-ceo-elizabeth-holmess-net-worth-from-4-5-billion-to-zero/

This is really sad to me. I listened to an interview with Holmes when she was in the phase where she was "excited to see if they can do it", before they started claiming the test worked. She seemed like she really cared about making a cheap available blood test. I imagine the spiral of pressure and promises that got her to this point. It's so lovely because if she'd maintained objectivity the research would still be going and maybe we'd be getting closer to something that actually works.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Pretty solid set, including some classics.

https://imgur.com/gallery/iNqy5

Holy poo poo some of these are absolutely sublime

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

FCKGW posted:

lol you were a terrible little poo poo when you were a kid

Your dad seems pretty cool.

Actually I'm sorry

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

How dare you post that here you rear end in a top hat

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Nooo, you posted the source! Now I have no more content!

Nothing wrong with curating them!
While we're at it, we need someone who takes "failarmy" videos and cuts out 60% of them so we just see the parts worth watching.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

The douchebag paid a friend to smash just the windshield and no body panels, and it cost him much less than replacing the windshield, and I'm sure he got 0.5-3 million views and more than made his money back.

Please never click on these people's videos.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Before I give these more views, are they clickbait posted by fake "pranksters" trying to get people to click on videos of them happily *pretending* to get their comeuppance for youtube views, or are they actually people filming assholes and making fun of them?

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

I get humiliated by them every morning when I have to beg the same sourfaced barista for a sleeve and a stopper, because starbucks forces you to ask for this poo poo on what is already a 6 dollar cup of milk. gently caress this frustrating first world.

Hey, come on dude, it's *warm* milk with some sugar syrup and even some brown coloring in it.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

burexas.irom posted:

Yet another case of schadenfreude that could have been avoided with a flared base.

This needed SOMEONE to emptyquote it.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Here's a good reminder scootyfroot:

Strom Thurmond, an entrenched old guard vote-for-me-poors-and-be-better-than-blacks, now-gently caress-you-I-got-mine, racist sack of poo poo who thought anyone who wasn't white was less than human, had children with his black housekeeper.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/05/us/south-carolina-thurmond-daughter-obit/

Now Phanatic has informed us all that Thurmond was not actually racist, because he hosed a black woman, after all!
Phanatic, how dare you steal all that frood from us?

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Voyager I posted:

It looks like the eagle is deliberately baiting the crane. Pretty clever if so.

Disturbing if true. Really makes you think.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

plain clothes ICE agent in American flag t-shirt with PROUD across the front drops his gun and blows his ankle off in Orlando International Airport.

I work there and saw it happen. He was slinging his bag over his shoulder and it caught his gun in the holster. He also had a goatee.

Seems like we totally missed out on this . . . how did people around him react? I have to assume if the guy looked vaguely middle eastern he would have immediately had a pile of people jumping on him, and if I'd been standing in an airport when a guy in plain clothes past security set off a gun I'd expect security to come running while people punched him no matter what they looked like.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

BisonDollah posted:

Still can't believe not one of you fuckheads liked DON'T STOP 'COS YOUR LEG FELL OFF, but here I am posting something again anyway.

https://twitter.com/PoetsCornerUK/status/906265253637390337

Please don't be mad I watched the leg fall off several times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

doverhog posted:

Does this data factor in student debt and the years of lost earnings involved while you were in college?

You didn't just make an argument against education, you made an argument that our education system should be funded by our taxes.