Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I only started following SF since I became a mod and didn't know that. That seems perfectly fine then! My mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Weatherman posted:

Yeah as the other poster said, that image was basically a nuclear bomb in a previous thread and it's now pretty much the equivalent of goatse without the scrotum and gaping anus things. Have a look at the first three posts of this thread :v:

Will try and save it for extra-special occasions though. Also I don't have any content to post so welp

No it's totally fine. I inherited this thread from blunt so I'm still getting used to things and hadn't noticed any injokes etc. so this one sailed over my head. I like the idea of that GIF and I think thread jokes like that are what give megathreads their character and my missing the gimmick is part of becoming a thread regular!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It just keeps getting better.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cross-Post from Funny Pictures. Rob Liefeld is a very bad comics artist probably best known for this

Here's a video of Stan Lee watching him and his partner at work, it goes from mild teasing to "yeah this is just bad".

MizPiz posted:

Relevent to the discussion:
https://youtu.be/RmLFGWAyajU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Sunswipe posted:

I don't want to sound like one of those "I don't even own a TV :smug: " snobs, but that leaves me none the wiser.

It's a reality show where they followed rich suburban moms I'm pretty sure. I think she's one of the moms. Maybe they're not all moms but they are all housewives and rich.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nazis did not see no sea

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I wonder how long until the first Breitbart article about how getting Bannon fired was a George Soros scheme.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This reminds me of those Pokemon attacks that hit X amount of times and you're like "okay he only hit me twi- oh what the gently caress five times?"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Randaconda posted:

I'm old and am not familiar with what you are talking about, please explain in SNES terms.

I'm too young for SNES. Basically there's certain attacks that will hit for like 5 damage but they'll hit between 1-5 times so it could either be really useful or really lame. However when you're being hit by it there's an awkward amount of time between hit so you think "oh it only hit 2 times" but then another hit lands and so on. I feel like one cool customer writing this out.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Kennel posted:

I'm pretty sure this wasn't posted here.

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/898601973934465024

He looks like every single feature is trying to escape his face in embarrassment whenever he talks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is great because I didn't expect her to get so wrapped up at the end.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Firstborn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaJhpqAWjuE
Here is the full video of Stan Lee dunking on Todd Mcfarlane and Rob Liefeld. The 3 minute version was good, but really missed some truly inspired slams.

Hell yeah this owns lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I was certain I'd click on that and it'd be a very obvious parody account but holy gently caress.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Reading that flat earth twitter is like taking ether and reading clips4sale descriptions for people with lunar fetishes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know if this really counts, but practically every post from a YouTuber about how their videos are no longer displaying ads due to suitability because of their content.

I suppose part of it is their response to it. Some have existing Patreons (due in large part that ad revenue is spitting out pennies, so why are you kvetching), others are claiming they'll be jumping ship (to where?), and some just want you to get outraged.

Post an example then. Also you're very wrong because a lot of people make their money on YouTube and their content is pretty vanilla but the backlash is so immense it's damaging a lot of people who've never posted anything remotely controversial. For example when YouTube age gated a ton of LGBT videos automatically they lost plenty of money for no reason other than YouTube's gently caress up.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

orange sky posted:

I've heard recently that unless you have pregnant spiderman on your videos it's really hard to make money on YouTube nowadays

Those videos are really weird though

They just brought in rules that kill those videos lol about putting iconic characters in weird roles bit bein okay anymore

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

zakharov posted:

You absolutely must click this link. This is the good stuff.

https://twitter.com/AskAManager/status/900012605732868098

"Oh well I've done lovely things in the pa- THREE YEARS"

I've never eaten any of these

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/0sA0SYB.mp4

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Look at these coddled newbs who don't understand the need for a couch machete.

Next you'll be saying it's weird to keep your handguns in the vegetable crisper.

You keep it in the freezer, idiot. Why do you think it's called icing someone? Smdh

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's only if you're a patholigical killer like, bundy or dahmer. See this is why im the modrenator

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Their position is that they're not a host just a security provider so dropping service doesn't remove content.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Hey, moran, keeping guns in the freezer is so 1980's. They go in the crisper now. Which is why you always hear gangstas talking about "Gettin' crispy on some bitches." in movies when they're about to blast someone.

Besides, everyone knows you keep your gaffing hooks in the freezer, DUMBASS.

uv loving CRACKED in the brain pal! lost it,. lost it BIG TIME. Gaffer hooks go in the shower where they are safest fro stability and home defensce. and the phrase is "getting crispy britches" when you see a beautiful woman and then go home and write about it on the online internet

http://i.imgur.com/11CT7mZ.mp4

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

holy poo poo lol you're right goddamn

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PaddyPower (the biggest Irish bookmaker) already paid out on Floyd lol. There's no way in hell Floyd should lose but combat sports is the premier "but holy poo poo just imagine" due to knockouts etc.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

tank u sweat prints

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I believe they did do it to avoid the memes or w/e but that's still pretty silly imo, shame it's being co-opted as "SNOWFLAKES ARE CENSORING THIS POOR INNOCENT MAN"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The excitement waiting to see what's chasing him

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It sounds bad but it's probably not his neck snapping. In general people should keep in that this is not a snuff thread just as a friendly fyi. If twitter pulls that it'll deaden those links anyways and it's not like a gif or image you can choose to click it and the op put a disclaimer in the post.

If people want to discuss the events surround schaudenfreude posted etc. that's usually pretty fine but gently caress off with the lazy trolling

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That would literally never happen

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They definitely would lol they sanctioned this, they'll sanction anything that makes them money. There is very little they won't allow. Floyd would never take that fight though, he took this one because it was the easiest thing in the world for him to make 100 million before PPV cuts even.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol

this reminds me of the Rob Schneider tweet

afterwards I saw a bunch of pisstakes of it along the lines of "Jesus of Nazareth. You are a great person..."

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

jeff is a great man

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Don't make "too ugly to be raped" jokes it's deeply hosed and you're not really mocking the woman anymore just being lovely.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 01:20 on Aug 29, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jeff K is so loving good goddamn

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/dUkVjVH.mp4

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just lmao if you don't bring a few sheets of tinfoil to poo poo in then pop in your handbag/satchel which is actually secretly a cooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In irish blue is "gorm" and black is "dubh" but black people are "[people] gorm"

https://twitter.com/ronanburtenshaw/status/905785496684683264

Also their translation is impossibly bad and incorrect that aside

Lives (as in where you live not life)

Black people instead of blue

the noun for subject instead of verb matter

Also their word ordering is wrong because in Irish verbs come first.