Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Proteus Jones posted:

I think it's more about the fact that the girl asking who Kurt Cobain is has a loving Nirvana t-shirt on in her profile pic. I really think you don't need to travel much deeper than that.

Yes I got that part, but I mean the original post was pretty thick iosm. Unless I'm mistaken, on the left that's Amanda Todd:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Amanda_Todd

So what kind of comparison is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Proteus Jones posted:

Oh, yeah. I get you. It's completely asinine. But like everything with life, I zero in on the part where I can laugh at people. I like to save my thinky-meats for serious uses like calculating how many beers I have left in the fridge by counting all the empties strewn about on the floor.

Gotcha - but that's what I meant by "it's layered."

:discourse:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

iospace posted:

Preemptive pull up thread

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

This is when I realized there was a lot to Frasier Crane in Kelsey than previously thought.

Kelsey pretty much Frasier + Cocaine

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

How many Trump ex-staffers has Trump hired as supposedly creme-de-la-creme and then fired and subsequently denounced as insane and incompetent? Eight? Nine?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ok question about Oregon and all of the idiocy surrounding the gas pumping...

Did full-service stations disappear overnight? Does the law now state "motorists must pump their own gas"? Did thousands of pump jockeys get summarily executed and pushed into a shallow mass grave?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

So what you're saying is that there's no actual controversy, and virtually no change to practice in the state. This just makes cardlocks legal in low-population areas.

Does this mean that all of the controversy is just stdh shitposters? :psyduck:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kupachek posted:

The first two women got injured in training (both eye related, I believe). The third was raring to go, and the fight was supposed to happen today.
https://jiujitsutimes.com/second-fighter-suffers-eye-injury-22-5-mma-fighter-tara-larosa-steps-fight-internet-troll/

Hm Tara LaRosa was a wmma pioneer but she's kinda beat up and well past prime now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

EKDS5k posted:

Alberta? The best part was that it wasn't even farm kids, it was like seasonal workers on small farms. The legislation only affected small farms hiring temporary workers, and specifically excluded farm kids working on the family farm. But the small farm owners were able to equate small = family in the minds of people who obviously didn't read it, and whip up enough "This'll kill the family farm!" sentiment to cause a shitstorm. You know, the same way OHS laws killed every other industry ever.

Eastern Saskatchewan.

It was two girls playing in the back of a grain truck.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

SubponticatePoster posted:

Filing cabinet locks aren't even that secure. We had the same thing at work, a cabinet that nobody could find the keys for and we were going to surplus it (I work for state government). I own a set of lockpicks and offered to bring them in and pick it. It took me all of about 7 seconds to do it, and the manager went :stare: "That's not very secure, is it?" The cabinet had a bunch of personnel files in it with SSN's/DOB/etc. That would have been bad.

You could probably pick it with a bent paperclip in under a minute, they're really lovely.

I've done it without my lock picks. It took me longer to find something that could turn the lock than it did to pick it once I did.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This kills the crab

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My mom is an Olympic-level curling official so I can help here :eng101:

Memento posted:

They're just going over the track to see what it's like, if they were actually playing at that point in time there wouldn't have been anyone in the target zone.

Someone who knows what the correct terms are (instead of "track" and "zone") will come along shortly and correct me.

Sheet/ice; house.

Samizdata posted:

Nope. That stone is considered "burned" and removed from play, according to my Googling.

Nope. That would be circumstantially true if the end wasn't over, but as noted above they're cleaning up to prepare for the next end. He's just clumsy. One cool thing about curling is that many rules are only true if the teams can't agree what to do. If a player burns his own rock, it's out. If a player burns the other team's rock, there's a complex process for putting it back.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nephzinho posted:

Did anyone ever find out what the hell happened here?

Guy with Downs syndrome overreacts at boisterous kid and gently taps him with his foot before his caretaker can intervene. Kid's dad sees adult kicking his child and intervenes.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ElGroucho posted:

this looks pretty fake

No it doesn't. Buddy got hit with an elbow straight across his weak plane, and other buddy pivoted his hips into it properly. He may not be KOed, but he certainly wasn't in position to absorb that shot and keep his balance.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

KoRMaK posted:

Yea your posting sucks too lol

Are you expecting good posts? Read what's in your browser's URL box.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Baronjutter posted:

Voyager had a dude in a jelous controlling relationship with like a 6 year old he had been grooming for years who ended up shacking up with someone else, having a kid, then the father's best friend loving the kid. An ouroboros of kid-loving.

I don't remember any of that

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Not Operator posted:

Oh, the genius pills? Being sold by the brainlord who repped himself in court? Cool.

What is the name of the pills and brand? I find quack supplements hilarious but I'm not giving Infowars any traffic.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Saint Freak posted:

Kentucky Democrat Wins Special Election To Reclaim Seat After Lawmaker's Suicide

The wife of Kentucky state Rep. Dan Johnson, who killed himself last year amid allegations of sexual assault
(poster's note: of a minor), has lost a bid to succeed her late husband. The special election returned the seat to Linda Belcher, whom Dan Johnson had unseated.

Belcher — the Democrat who lost to Johnson in a Trump wave that swept Republicans into office statewide in 2016 — easily won the special election for Kentucky's 49th District. She garnered 68 percent of the vote to Rebecca Johnson's roughly 32 percent

The Associated Press notes: "Rebecca Johnson denied the allegations against Dan Johnson, claiming he was a victim of "an assault from the left." But the allegations were backed up by an on-the-record interview from the victim, plus pages of police documents that were published by [KyCIR] after months of reporting."

No sympathy for a sex pest offing himself, plus his wife going on to lose to a Dem in the neon loving red state of Kentucky.

CBS reports "Dan Johnson was known for inflammatory Facebook posts comparing former President Obama and Michelle Obama to monkeys." which is a hell of a thing to be known for.

loving beaten but posting anyway.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Pictured: worst ever Canadian Olympic Women's Hockey team (tied); best ever Finnish Olympic Women's Hockey team (tied).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man